Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Playlist-Manager-SMP (Read 69082 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Playlist-Manager-SMP

Reply #375
Why are you using relative paths using different disks? That's nonsense xd you can not have relative paths there.

Anyway that's a bug, just reproduced it. It should use abs path in such case, but please, disable it.

Reply #376
e:/music
f:/music
The library consists of two drives
and I sync this to sdcard/music on my android device
with the same folder structure.

I save the foobar2000 playlist files in "D:\sync\[playlists]\" and this folder is also synced to the sd card.
F:\My Music\..
E:\My Music\..
The absolute path playlist files structured like this can be used immediately in the poweramp app without any problem.

However, the foobar2000 mobile app does not, so I wanted to try using a relative path playlist. :))

Reply #377
I'm not understanding your problem. You can NOT use relative paths if track files are not on the same disk than a playlist file. That's by design, is not related to any software.

Now, whatever you do with foobar2000 mobile app is another thing. Use the export options for that, since it's not the same the original playlist file than the one you want to export -a copy with relative paths- (and please read the manual pdf). That use case is covered.

EDIT: note that you need the export and convert option and cancel the convert tracks step (since you are copying them as is).

Reply #378
The error should be fixed on latest release btw, so in case people use relative paths when they shouldn't, it will not corrupt paths anymore and just skip them.

Reply #379
Keep simplifying the UI, and there is now an option to hide the bottom toolbar (related to sorting and filtering).

It would look like this: (if there is a space for one more playlist row, it will be added too)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

For reference, here is with the bottom toolbar:

Since removing that would totally remove all sorting and filtering options, the old 'X' button to clear all filters now is expanded to offer such options.

Whenever a filter is active, the button icon is swapped with the old 'X', to indicate there is a filter active. And clicking on it will simply remove all filters.

There are multiple ctrl/shift modifiers for quick usage.

Reply #380
Hi regor,

I hate to bother you about this because I'm sure the problem is user error on my end, but I'm at my wits end.

Attempting to install this SMP package (or any of your SMP packages, actually) results in foobar2000 immediately crashing. For testing, I installed a separate portable instance with only the SMP-1.6.1-mod component, which let me install your packages fine. This, of course, confirms that my main foobar install has a conflict somewhere.

Before I further dismantle my configuration, I thought I'd ask you: Is it possible that the crash is caused by another SMP script or panel instance? Are there any known conflicts b/t your SMP scripts and commonly used components such as ColumnsUI, etc.? Are my actual playlists somehow incompatible? I do use some alt-code symbols in my playlist names, like ★.

Or did I incorrectly install your Framework files? I set up paths "profile/scripts/SMP/xxx-scripts" like your instructions stated. Do the new versions of your packages even still need me to install your frameworks beforehand?

Any insight you could give would be great. Otherwise, I'll continue to disable components / panels one by one to isolate the problem.

Thanks!

Reply #381
If you are installing the script as package, you just have to load the zip file as package and done; there is no need to do anything more regarding files, dependencies, paths, etc.
https://github.com/regorxxx/Playlist-Manager-SMP/wiki/Installation

There are zero reports related to conflicts with any other component, etc.

Now, if you have followed the wiki instructions (it seems so), and it's crashing... that's pretty weird. Specially if doing the same works in a portable install. It could be possible that somehow the automatically built package files on github were corrupted, but then they would crash for everybody.

Do you have any log file?

Reply #382
Do you have any log file?

Do you mean the text file created in the "crash reports" folder? I'll attach it here.

I ran an "Everything" search in the program folder for any *.log or *.txt files, didn't see anything else obvious.

Reply #383
Openlyrics is throwing some errors.
Also your Library tree panel is taking 40 secs to load after everything else is loaded, which is kind of weird.

I don't see anything related to my script, it is not loaded at all. When you say "install" you mean loading my script into a panel or adding the package to the package manager?

Reply #384
I don't see anything related to my script, it is not loaded at all. When you say "install" you mean loading my script into a panel or adding the package to the package manager?

I assume your script isn't loading / showing up in the crash log b/c foobar200 crashes before the package is actually installed.

By "install" I mean: Right-Click SMP panel -> select "Configure Panel" ->  select "Package" radio button -> select "Import" -> browse for your script's zip file. This is the correct way, right?

I did just notice something strange – when I launch foobar again after the crash and go back into the panel's package manager, there is an entry for "Playlist Manager SMP (by Regorxxx)". Selecting this entry and clicking on the "OK" button also results in immediate crash. The actual SMP panel itself is empty, no script or package loads into it.

Also uninstalled OpenLyrics, no more errors.

Reply #385
That points to either a SMP bug, the package being corrupted or a problem with your particular installation.

I have downloaded both the latest release and the nightly release from github and imported them, and they were fine. Also your tests were fine on a new install. Therefore... looks like a SMP bug and it should be reported at that thread.

Can not help with that, except it may be an ID collision. At '.\profile\foo_spider_monkey_panel\packages\' there should be multiple folders associated to your packages. Like this:
{2A6AEDC9-BAE4-4D30-88E2-EDE7225B494D}
{152DE6E6-A5D6-4434-88D8-E9FF00130BF9}
{293B12D8-CC8B-4D21-8883-1A29EAFC4074}
{BA9557CE-7B4B-4E0E-9373-99F511E81252}

Share the entire list of ids you have (without mine installed). Playlist manager is '2A6AEDC9-BAE4-4D30-88E2-EDE7225B494D'; have no idea what happens if the ID is used and you try to load a different one with same ID.

Reply #386
Also go to:
b:\foobar2000\profile\js_data\presets\global\globSettings.json

Set "bProfileInit" and "bLogToFile" to true. Try to load the package and share again the dump log file and 'console.log' file at the profile folder.

Afterwards, Set "bAutoUpdateCheck" and "bCheckSoFeatures" to false and do the same.

Reply #387
Share the entire list of ids you have (without mine installed). Playlist manager is '2A6AEDC9-BAE4-4D30-88E2-EDE7225B494D'; have no idea what happens if the ID is used and you try to load a different one with same ID.

Okay, so I have 2 packages in that folder:

• {BA9557CE-7B4B-4E0E-9373-99F511E81252} (WilB's "Biography" script)
  • {E85C9EF0-778B-46DD-AF20-F4BE831360DD} (WilB's "Library Tree" script)

Set "bProfileInit" and "bLogToFile" to true. Try to load the package and share again the dump log file and 'console.log' file at the profile folder.

These entries did not exist in my globSettings.json, so I added them.

The first attached crash log (#13) is the one after I set "bProfileInit/bLogToFile" to true

The second one (#14) is after I set "bAutoUpdateCheck" to false. "bCheckSoFeatures" did not exist, so I added it and set it to false. There is "bPopupOnCheckSOFeatures", which I also set to false.

I could not find any "console.log" anywhere on my computer, so I copied everything in the Console window and pasted into a text file. I've attached that also.

Reply #388
My script is not loaded at all. Zero. (if it was loaded, the settings I told you would be present)
Report at the SMP thread and try porting relevant settings into a new install, if that works for you. Maybe that's easier than removing things one by one, just add them until it crashes.