Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: CUETools versions 1.9.5 through 2.1.6 (Read 1894628 times) previous topic - next topic

CUETools versions 1.9.5 through 2.1.5 (current)

Reply #850
What might be the reason for this message?

One of possible reasons is that output path is invalid. I'll make a special error message for this case. Try choosing libFlake, it'll probably show a more detailed error message. Or it might just work.
CUETools 2.1.6

Reply #851
I don't have flake.exe. 
audiophile // flac & wavpack, mostly // using too many audio players

Reply #852
Not flake, libFlake. Take a look at the list of flac encoders: there should be libFLAC, libFlake, flake and FlaCuda. libFlake is a builtin encoder based on Flake.
CUETools 2.1.6

Reply #853
Hmm, just found v2.0.6 - there's no libFLAC anymore, it seems.
And it does not accept FLAC files anymore. ("Unsupported audio format.")

edit: NVM, a completely fresh installation seems to work.
audiophile // flac & wavpack, mostly // using too many audio players

Reply #854
Feature request (as I don't get the thing running, it might already be implemented  )

For lots of CDs, CUETools fails to compute the correct AccurateRip ID. According to Spoon, this is not only for CD-Extras with data, but also when a CD fails to start at frame 150.
But dBpoweramp writes the tags "AccurateRipDiscID" (which is really a track ID) and "AccurateRipResult". I might be wrong, but EAC does not?

So:

1) I know that we dBpoweramp users are in minority compared to EAC users, but I would wish for an option to use ID from tags rather than computed. I have nagged Spoon on this too, http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=20563

2) Since you are putting up this database: What about having the database store the information that calculated ID fails to match tag-read ID, whenever applicable? Then next time this CD is checked, and fails check because ID does not match the AccurateRip database, one may look up the CUETools database and find that this CD with calculated ID = X really has ID = Y in the AccurateRip database, and verification may proceed with ID = Y instead, which should produce a hit.

This way, dBpoweramp users will populate the database with information on what ID to really use.

Reply #855
Does the CUETools DB even care about this stuff?  I don't see that it should; consolidation is a good thing!  It would be great to consolidate discs with the exact same PCM data but slightly different TOCs (beyond data track and track 01 start point) as well.

Reply #856
just FYI, when I try to use CUERipper, I immediately get "Exception: invalid C2 pointers" when I hit go. Ripping works fine with EAC otherwise. Does this in all modes (burst, secure, paranoid).

What's your CD drive model? Does EAC detect it as capable of returning C2 pointers?
CUETools 2.1.6

Reply #857
I'm sorry if this has been discussed to death, but I'm getting utterly confused by this pregap mess, so I'll ask here...

I have an image FLAC of an album with a cue and a log with TOC. If I mount the cue and verify the album via foobar2000's AccurateRip verifier, I get 3 confidence. According to the cue there's a 00:00:01 pregap.

Now if I split the album into separate FLAC tracks using CueTools, AccurateRip verifier will not find the album in the database. Is it possible to split the album and still have it accurately ripped WITHOUT the cue? If it is, how?

I've tried with "Gaps appended" and "Gaps appended + HTOA" but it doesn't seem to make a difference. I've also tried adding the 00:00:01 pregap manually in the CueTools settings, to no avail (not sure if there's something else than the mere pregap that needs to be adjusted, though). I have to use a cue to verify it with AccurateRip whether the tracks are separate or not.

Reply #858
I'm sorry, i'm no expert in foobar AccurateRip verifier, i wasn't even contacted by it's author and i have no idea how much of my code does it use.
I guess it just doesn't support pregaps very well, so you'll have to use CUETools & cue sheet to verify this album.
CUETools 2.1.6

Reply #859
just FYI, when I try to use CUERipper, I immediately get "Exception: invalid C2 pointers" when I hit go. Ripping works fine with EAC otherwise. Does this in all modes (burst, secure, paranoid).

What's your CD drive model? Does EAC detect it as capable of returning C2 pointers?

I have the same problem.

CUERipper 2.0.6
XP SP3 with the latest updates from MS, including all .NET updates
The drive is a Samsung SH-W162 (TSSTcorpCD/DVDW SH-W162C TS12 as reported by EAC)

C2 works with EAC. CUERipper 2.0.4a doesn't have this problem.

Reply #860
I'm sorry, i'm no expert in foobar AccurateRip verifier, i wasn't even contacted by it's author and i have no idea how much of my code does it use.
I guess it just doesn't support pregaps very well, so you'll have to use CUETools & cue sheet to verify this album.
If I verify the album in CueTools by choosing the FLAC files (after splitting the album with CueTools), the program will suggest me to use the log file. All cool, but this way it still won't find the disc in the database. I may also remove the cue and the log so it just checks purely the files, but the disc is still not found. If I choose the cue instead of the FLAC files, I get accurate results.

So all in all, this still leaves me cue dependent. I'd like to fare without the cue, for personal convenience. Possible or not?

Reply #861
If I verify the album in CueTools by choosing the FLAC files (after splitting the album with CueTools), the program will suggest me to use the log file. All cool, but this way it still won't find the disc in the database. I may also remove the cue and the log so it just checks purely the files, but the disc is still not found. If I choose the cue instead of the FLAC files, I get accurate results.

So all in all, this still leaves me cue dependent. I'd like to fare without the cue, for personal convenience. Possible or not?

If I am not mistaken, when using the Cue File, Cuetools will also check for the DISCID comment in the cue file, & will attempt to use this information.
Do a test & check for it.

Reply #862
If I am not mistaken, when using the Cue File, Cuetools will also check for the DISCID comment in the cue file, & will attempt to use this information.
Do a test & check for it.
The DISCID is not present in the original cue, but CueTools adds it in the new cue it creates after splitting the image. But, what follows? How can I utilize this ID?

I hope I've been coherent, but I emphase that it doesn't matter whether I check the split files with foo_verifier or CueTools. They both give me the same results with the cue (=accurate) and without (=not found).

I guess it's about the 00:00:01 pregap, but I don't know how to go round it. It's in the beginning of the CD and it's the only pregap on it. I can post the cue here if it helps.

Reply #863
I have an idea for a new feature. Hm, I haven't checked if it already works but... here's what I mean:

The drag'n'drop/folder/multi-select browser should support m3u/m3u8 files as a source for batch jobs. Sometimes people might create a list of audio files or cue sheets with a text editor (for example by using 'find in files') or with a batch script and they want to process these files in one go. Then it would be nice to be able to add such a list as a file into CUE Tools.

Another thing: when having multiple items in the drag'n'drop list, switching to multi-select should automagically mark all the previously added items in the browser view. this should also work the other way round: all items that have been selected in the multi-select browser should appear as a list in the drag'n'drop view. It's not an essential feature, but a nice usability detail. Oh, then CUE Tools would need a clear list button, btw.

Reply #864
Regarding the CUERipper / C2 problem, a problem report was posted in the old CUERipper thread:

I hope I'm not resurrecting a thread that's too old but this seems like the most appropriate place to report CUERipper issues....

I tried ripping a CD using CUERipper 2.0.6.  My drive model is identified as "TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S203B SB03"  CUERipper will get the disc name and track titles correct but when I press "GO", after about 2-3 seconds I get an error pop-up with the following message "Exception: invalid C2 pointers" and the rip stops.  I tried several CD's and all yield the same results.

I'm really excited to try my luck with CTDB for ripping 3 or 4 of my discs that have 1 track damaged.  They are late 1980's releases and I have not been able to find non-remastered replacements at the local used stores. 

Thanks

I quoted it in here in order to keep the discussion in one place. The drive in this report is another very common Samsung model. I think I have the same drive on another PC. I can try it later today.

Reply #865
I tried the other PC. The same error message shows up. The drive isn't exactly the same as in the above report, but close. I have the EIDE version. Here's a screenshot of the error message:

The OS is Windows 7 32-bit.

Reply #866
Thank you. I'll have to add one of those drives to my shopping list. Here's a slightly different version of CUERipper, i hope this works: http://www.cuetools.net/install/CUETools_2.0.7.rar. This is only a CUERipper update, no changes to CUETools there.
CUETools 2.1.6

Reply #867

If you don't want to keep logs & cue, the only way is to keep ACCURATERIPID tag. If you enable AccurateRip when converting with CUETools, and AccurateRip tags are enabled in advanced settings (AccurateRip->Encode and Verify->Write AccurateRip tags), CUETools will create this tag for you.

The problem with this method is that there are many tagging applications out there, which can accidentally destroy unsupported tags such as this. You will also have trouble using CUETools DB if pregap wasn't completely silent.
CUETools 2.1.6

Reply #868
Hello, let me first tell that I'm not really familiar with cue sheets and I'm total newbie when it comes to their splitting. I carefully read readme file, wiki and 2 of threads, but haven't been able to clarify my dilemma

I have single flac with cue sheet. I split it to separate files using cuetools. After it is done new cue sheet is generated. This new cue sheet is not playable in foobar 0.9.6.9 while original was (Error parsing cuesheet: invalid index list).

I've think I've read there might be problems with foobar and nonstandard cue sheets. So my questions:

1. Can original disc be rebuilt from multiple flac tracks and such newly generated sheet? I think I've tried it and the cue sheet for new image was different than starting original.

2. Is there a way a person that doesn't know cue format well can tell if the splitting went well or not and is new cue sheet borked or not?

3. Can one leave "Gaps appended + HTOA" when original cue sheet has no pregaps and get same result as "Gaps appended", or does one have to know what sort of cue he has.

I guess one that wants to call himself audiophile should know these answers, but I don't  I just want to be split my images but be able to reproduce them if ever needed. Thanks in advance.

Reply #869
Can this program be run on Linux? I have read this is possible with the right libraries, the Mono ones... however, there is no tutorial that will explain how to do this. Actually, it would be nice to have a full port, even limited with FLAC and WAV support, at least. A website for this application is also missing, so I suggest the creation of a sourceforge.net account and hosting this project there. Keep the good work, because I really like this application.

Cheers.

Reply #870
CUETools_2.0.7

thx

Reply #871

Reply #872
Oops, sorry again, forgot one file, had to reupload.
CUETools 2.1.6

Reply #873
1. Can original disc be rebuilt from multiple flac tracks and such newly generated sheet? I think I've tried it and the cue sheet for new image was different than starting original.

The disc can be rebuilt. At least with CUETools. Track lengths and indexes will remain exactly the same. It's very unfortunate that foobar doesn't understand 'gaps appended' cue sheets, for me this is it's biggest problem, second being incorrect handling of pregaps. However, you can still load those files into foobar using m3u file.

2. Is there a way a person that doesn't know cue format well can tell if the splitting went well or not and is new cue sheet borked or not?

I never heard of any problems with cue's generated by CUETools, this worked perfectly even before i hijacked this project, and as far as i know i never broke this feature. You can easily check this by converting resulting cue sheet back to image format. Wile doing this, tou can select 'Audio output: none', if you want it to be fast and don't want a third copy of audio files.

3. Can one leave "Gaps appended + HTOA" when original cue sheet has no pregaps and get same result as "Gaps appended", or does one have to know what sort of cue he has.

You can always use "Gaps appended + HTOA". If there wasn't any HTOA, it won't appear.

To summarize: if you use default settings, all should be well. You can damage your image only by selecting exotic features, such as gaps handling methods other than default.
CUETools 2.1.6

Reply #874
Can this program be run on Linux? I have read this is possible with the right libraries, the Mono ones... however, there is no tutorial that will explain how to do this. Actually, it would be nice to have a full port, even limited with FLAC and WAV support, at least. A website for this application is also missing, so I suggest the creation of a sourceforge.net account and hosting this project there. Keep the good work, because I really like this application.

Cheers.

Most versions were successfully tested on Linux. I didn't test the latest few versions (2.0.5-2.0.7), i will do so when i have time. If they work, they should be much more useful for linux users than older versions, which could only support WAV on linux. New versions should also support FLAC and ALAC.

It's easy enough to run CUETools on linux, just install mono (often as easy as 'yum install mono' or 'apt-get install mono'), and run 'mono CUETools.exe'

Website isn't misisng: http://www.cuetools.net/ It is however incomplete, so feel free to contribute. It uses wiki engine, so you can just register and start editing pages.

There is also a sourceforge.net account, but it only hosts CUETools source files in SVN.
CUETools 2.1.6