Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: cuesheet problem (Read 1419 times) previous topic - next topic

cuesheet problem

Hello, everyone. I installed foobar2000 v1.2.6, with Monkey's Audio 2.1.7, on windows 7 64-bit. At first all works fine except some Chinese character didn't display properly. I fixed this although forget how I did it. Then my operate system had some problem which I believe irrelevant of foobar, so I reinstalled the OS, then reinstalled foobar,  and tried to fix Chinese character display, and messed up this time. After some actions I can't recall, I found all my cue file was rewritten, with all the track title being replaced with ape's file name, like this:

FILE "Martha Argerich - J.S. Bach Toccata Partita English Suite 2.ape" WAVE
  TRACK 01 AUDIO
    TITLE "Martha Argerich - J.S. Bach Toccata Partita English Suite 2"
    INDEX 00 00:00:00
    INDEX 01 00:00:32
or
FILE "CDImage.ape" WAVE
  TRACK 01 AUDIO
    TITLE "CDImage"
    ISRC DEB950567001
    INDEX 01 00:00:00

Despite this information lost and improper character display, the music plays well. All those files are in a file folder which I included in the library of foobar after installed it. In the preference: Media Library: File Types: Exclude: I choose nothing, the default setting is *.cue. My messed-up action probably included some scan or reload of the library.
Do you have any idea how this happened and how to prevent it happen again? My lost track title information in cuesheet may only be recovered manually? And if it doesn't bother so much would you please tell me here how to fix the Chinese character display? Thanks very much.