Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: can foobar support ".uax" files? (Read 5994 times) previous topic - next topic

can foobar support ".uax" files?

I have several uax files, but cannot play with foobar2000, those are from a net game, Heaven2.
www.lineage2.com

Reply #1
Aren`t they Impulse Tracker (.it) files used in Unreal engine?
"The brightest flame burns quickest..."

Reply #2
hmmmm, maybe, but how can i transfer to mp3 or wav or just play the file use foobar2000?

Reply #3
Try using the Unreal Tournament Package Tool.

It should allow you to convert those files to some format that fb2k understands.

On a side note, if I were you, I would start by asking this question on the game forum, and not here.

Reply #4
On a side note, if I were you, I would start by asking this question on the game forum, and not here.

why? it's perfectly reasonable to ask if an audio player can play an audio format.

Reply #5
why? it's perfectly reasonable to ask if an audio player can play an audio format.

Because

a) uax isn't listed anywhere as a format supported by fb2k

b) people familiar with the game will probably be able to answer the question more quickly and accurately

Reply #6
a) uax isn't listed anywhere as a format supported by fb2k

Maybe that's why he asked? I don't see any mention of SID being supported either but it is.

Anyway...

Reply #7
I saw such plugin for Winamp, so it shouldn`t be a problem to make one.
"The brightest flame burns quickest..."

Reply #8
Why, oh why, do they use the UAX extension?

Try renaming them to UMX. If they manage to play, I will consider adding the extension in the next version.

(In which case, BLAH. UAX is supposed to be for audio clips, not music data.)

Reply #9
all unreal packages have the same internal format (being container), different extensions are just for the sake of better sorting.
(uax for audio, utx for textures, usx for static meshes, and so on all have the same internal structure)

as of UT2003, music doesnt use old umx format, because epic dropped support for tracked modules
they support ogg vorbis files directly, including built in music player

btw if you havent tried UT2004 demo, do it now, kicks major ass, esp onslaught mode :)

Reply #10
You can open the uax file in a hex editor and cut away everything before the first occurrence of the string "RIFF" then rename the file to *.wav and play it. Just remember to back the file up first.