Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: & Iriver iHP-120 & Vorbisgain (Read 2138 times) previous topic - next topic

& Iriver iHP-120 & Vorbisgain

Is this harddrive-based MP3 player capable of reading Vorbisgain tags? I would not think so. This is a minor question which probably won't deter me from buying this player, but I was just curious.

If it isn't, I'll probably just use Wavegain before encoding to Vorbis, but since this is a lossy process, I'd like to avoid this if possible.

Thanks!

Reply #1
The H Series does not support Vorbisgain.  It may in the future via firmware upgrades (don't hold your breath).

Other than this the product given its long battery life is very good overall.

If you want more information on this product or review some FAQ's here is a good site  http://www.misticriver.net

rs
Somebody has to do something, and it's just incredibly pathetic that it has to be us. Jerry Garcia-Grateful Dead

Reply #2
Is this harddrive-based MP3 player capable of reading Vorbisgain tags?

No. But... if you like it loud, you probably wouldn't use vorbisgain anyway on this device. I have the 140, and use Vorbis 1.1 at q5.
flac > schiit modi > schiit magni > hd650