Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Playpack Stops Randomly (Read 3587 times) previous topic - next topic

Playpack Stops Randomly

Ive been using foobar for about 6 months and i've had no problems with it whatsoever, until today. It started doing this thing where audio will randomly stop, as if it is paused but the play pause button will not resume it, i either have to restart the song or move the slider to resume it. It also occasionally slows down a little bit and sounds massively distorted , the solution for this is the same as when it stops. Any ideas what is causing this and how to stop it.

hardware involved is the onboard sound on an asus a7n8x-e, athlon xp 2600 processor, and the speakers are unrelated, obv.

Ta

Also, i just looked and in the console it says stream error and then resync, im guessing this is the problem?

Playpack Stops Randomly

Reply #1
Also, i just looked and in the console it says stream error and then resync, im guessing this is the problem?

Yup, you have a "corrupted" file at hand. Reripping the file would be the prudent thing to do.

Playpack Stops Randomly

Reply #2
hmm, right.

Odd thing is i have many many ripped files, and it is occuring far too often, in my eyes to be that, literally it is happening with every single song...

Playpack Stops Randomly

Reply #3
Does it stop in other media players such as winamp, WMP etc. or just in foobar?
Song List: keikoniumboards.ke.funpic.org/files/songlist.html

Playpack Stops Randomly

Reply #4

only foobar, and i recently copied all of my music to another machine, and it all plays fine

Playpack Stops Randomly

Reply #6

only foobar, and i recently copied all of my music to another machine, and it all plays fine

I think the other players are silently ignoring the error.

Okay, now i like foobar and i would rather not switch away, is there a way to debug or just plain make foobar ignore the errors? I know this islike disabling some of what makes foobar great, but im no audiophile and it ould be nice to just get on with things...

Playpack Stops Randomly

Reply #7
Sounds a little like the good old IRQ errors... Although that would probably affect all media players. You could try updating your audio drivers.

...or maybe try a clean installed foobar2000?
Can't wait for a HD-AAC encoder :P