Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: 0.9b13 Converter (Album Image) Question (Read 3113 times) previous topic - next topic

0.9b13 Converter (Album Image) Question

I have a question about how the Converter option "Convert to album images with cuesheets or chapters" works in 0.9b13. I see when you select it from the option list there is a message in the status bar:

"Groups selected items into albums and converts each album to a single file image, with chapters (if supported by target format) or external cuesheet."

Is this Converter option not yet complete? I can't seem to get it to create a cuesheet with WAV files, or create a single FLAC file with chapters either. Is there a list somewhere that shows which formats are supported currently? I was just curious because if this works the way it sounds, it would be excellent. I searched and couldn't find anywhere else this question was asked so I apologize if it's already been answered.

Reply #1
Ok apparently I am a moron. I had my Album Images: output filenames so that it was creating individual files instead of one large file the way it was meant to work. Once I setup the output filename to include all of the files it worked like it was supposed to.

Problem solved.

Reply #2
As far as I understand it the following will happen:
  • If the destination is MP4 chapters will be used for index, tracknumber and title info;  tags for artist and album info
  • If the destination is Monkey's Audio, FLAC or WavPack a cuesheet will be generated, and embedded
  • All other formats an external cuesheet will be created.
This thread has a little more info.
I'm on a horse.

Reply #3
As far as I understand it the following will happen:
  • If the destination is MP4 chapters will be used for index, tracknumber and title info;  tags for artist and album info

• If the destination is Monkey's Audio, FLAC or WavPack a cuesheet will be generated, and embedded

• All other formats an external cuesheet will be created.
This thread has a little more info.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=360303"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Well after I figured out how to get it working I tested it. On my machine it works with:

FLAC
Nero AAC
WAV
and the one that surprised me was Vorbis. Using, I'm assuming, chapters?

Those are the only four I tested though.

Reply #4
Ah, Ogg with chapters.  Makes sense.  That's cool as well.

I assume WAVE gave you an external cuesheet?
I'm on a horse.

Reply #5
Ah, Ogg with chapters.  Makes sense.  That's cool as well.

I assume WAVE gave you an external cuesheet?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=360397"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yeah, exporting to WAV included a cue sheet, I have to say I didn't like the converter before. Now that I'm using 0.9 again, with beta 13, the converter is excellent.