Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_uie_lyrics3 (Read 879629 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1400
Hi, I just downloaded the plugin and it looks fantastic, but for some reason whenever I do a lyrics search (manual or otherwise) it immediately says "No lyric found" without appearing to have done any search at all. If I manually do an internet search on some source websites then I can find the songs that I am looking for and their lyrics. I have one song that has lyrics in the tags and it loads those fine. I'm guessing it may have trouble connecting to the internet? It says "No lyric found" before the timeout time though so it may be that it simply can't find a connection.
I've tried both using IE's proxy settings and no proxy settings (I don't use a proxy or anything, just basic wi-fi LAN), and I've tried with and without administrator privileges. Any idea what the issue could be?

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1401
weird, works fine with me, check the sources from Lyric Show 3 options

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1402
Thanks for your quick reply. I made sure my settings looked exactly like yours, but still doesn't work. Here's a screenshot:

Could there be any conflicting extensions?
By the way I'm running this on Windows 8.0. I have the latest version of Foobar and the extension.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1403
So somehow the plugin started magically working. Sorry this post can't be any more helpful, but I have no idea how it fixed itself. Anyway, works fine now.

The plugin as absolutely fantastic. The only suggestion I might have is adding support for websites like animelyrics.com, which contains a huge number of Japanese song lyrics from anime, TV shows, games, doujin, and even lots of J-pop and J-rock that usually aren't available anywhere else. The lyrics appear in the site's source and aren't hidden or embedded so they'd be pretty easy to extract. It would also be nice to add an option for preferring either romanized lyrics or lyrics in the original language (like in Chinese or Japanese characters); in the case of animelyrics.com, original Japanese lyrics are available by simply replacing the .htm in the URL with .jis.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1404
Is there a way to make it start up faster for each track? Maybe not trying to search for already existing lyrics, or better showing an existing one while searching in the background? It takes up to 20 seconds before the text is shown, and by that time several verses could have been sung.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1405
Is there a way to make it start up faster for each track? Maybe not trying to search for already existing lyrics, or better showing an existing one while searching in the background? It takes up to 20 seconds before the text is shown, and by that time several verses could have been sung.

Look in the options maybe ?

I have set it mine to, only save lyrics that are synced lyrics. And if the a song comes on that I have already saved lyrics on then the info is instant.
And if you want to contribute, you go download "minilyrics" ( http://www.crintsoft.com/ ) and you google a song lyrics, and then just copy paste, and then you listent o the song and each time the lyrics start you press the button to automaticly gives it timers.
And once you are done with the song you upload the synced lyrics.

Sure it is one time thing, and might take u 5min per song. But if noone does it, then songs will never get lyrics added to them.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1406
I've been using this plugin for two years and for the last eights months my foobar sometimes lags like hell when song changing, it spikes my cpu 100%. So today I finally tried to find the cause and after remove lyrics show panel I cannot product any lag at all, tested it multiple times and it's 100% lyrics panel.

Why could it be lagging? It never did before

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1407
In my settings I have synced lyrics as prefered and if I play something with synced lyrics there are no lag.
But if the music contains no lyrics it lags like hell.
I am very close to throwing this addon out because the lagging doesn't seem to be addressed
and it is very easy to reproduce.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1408
@Bratman & gorkha

Ensure OnlineDB: lyrics.mirkforce.net is not being used as one of the search sources. It's not working and there have been a few reports of issues on a subset of computers, e.g. http://www.hydrogenaud.io/forums/index.php...mp;#entry864918

I do not see any lag or cpu spikes.

Also if you have lots of databases enabled it will take a while to go through them all if it can't find any lyrics, e.g. 10 databases with timeout of 1.5 secs = 15 seconds searching if no lyrics are found.

Best databases for synced lyrics are currently timestamped 2 and lrc23.com. I am afraid that timestamp 1 and 3 are not working so there is no point in searching them.

HTH 

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1409
@Bratman & gorkha

Ensure OnlineDB: lyrics.mirkforce.net is not being used as one of the search sources. It's not working and there have been a few reports of issues on a subset of computers, e.g. http://www.hydrogenaud.io/forums/index.php...mp;#entry864918

Also if you have lots of databases enabled it will take a while to go through them all if it can't find any lyrics, e.g. 10 databases with timeout of 1.5 secs = 15 seconds searching if no lyrics are found.

Best databases for synced lyrics are currently timestamped 2 and lrc23.com. I am afraid that timestamp 1 and 3 are not working so there is no point in searching them.

HTH

With the help of your description I turned off timestamped 1 & 3 and it seems to help !
I just think that a faulty server shouldn't be able to introduce lag.
I also disabled Timestamped 2 (It produces faulty lyrics). I don't know if it still does that.
I sometimes get PHP errors from one of the sources.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1410
What kind of development environment is required/recommended for compiling the lyrics SDK?

I'd like to modify the plugin (to add Japanese lyric support), but after an hour of trying to set up Visual Studio 2013 Express to compile the solution, I've given up.  It looks like the project/solution was originally created with VS 2010.. will VS 2010 Express work, or does it need to be Standard/Professional?  And do I need to download any other SDKs (other than the plugin SDK and the Foobar SDK)?

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1411
What kind of development environment is required/recommended for compiling the lyrics SDK?

I'd like to modify the plugin (to add Japanese lyric support), but after an hour of trying to set up Visual Studio 2013 Express to compile the solution, I've given up.  It looks like the project/solution was originally created with VS 2010.. will VS 2010 Express work, or does it need to be Standard/Professional?  And do I need to download any other SDKs (other than the plugin SDK and the Foobar SDK)?

@WilB

Thanks for the tip, removing those sources helped but it still lags massively, the mouse cursor even lags across the screen (100% cpu spikes). Just seems the plugin is bork cause when I remove it there is no lag at all? It didn't use to lag before so something up with the code?

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1412

Anyone?  I really want to contribute. 

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1413
@Bratman & gorkha

HTH

With the help of your description I turned off timestamped 1 & 3 and it seems to help !
I just think that a faulty server shouldn't be able to introduce lag.
I also disabled Timestamped 2 (It produces faulty lyrics). I don't know if it still does that.
I sometimes get PHP errors from one of the sources.

I take it back, it is still lagging on track change when next track has no (synced) lyrics

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1414

Anyone?  I really want to contribute. 

Got it to build now, woo.

Required:
- installing Visual Studio 2010 Professional
- doing a lot of project reconfiguration with each build step

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1417
I'd like to modify the plugin (to add Japanese lyric support)

what do you mean by 'japanese lyric support'?

I tried pasting in some kanji, seems to work just fine

Yeah, I misspoke -- I meant modifying the source SDK example, not the plugin itself.  My goal is to add some Japanese lyric sources.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1418
I'd like to modify the plugin (to add Japanese lyric support)

what do you mean by 'japanese lyric support'?

I tried pasting in some kanji, seems to work just fine

Yeah, I misspoke -- I meant modifying the source SDK example, not the plugin itself.  My goal is to add some Japanese lyric sources.

Ahh yeah, that slipped my mind. Now I remember you writing about that earlier :S
It would be awesome if someone could help you. Doesn't M$ provide some sort of project upgrade tool you have to run for using newer versions of visual studio?

About the lag:
It seems that using the mouse to press the gui next button is much more likely to cause lag than pressing media next button on the keyboard. The plot thickens ...
I already know from modules that pressing next many times fast, will cause some modules to be detected as unsupported. Maybe that also applies to other file types. Maybe it is a core problem?
Anyway I seem to get different results every time I try.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1419
Well I've stopped using this plugin until the lag gets fixed. It feels like my media player just got five times faster, but really it's just running back to normal. My whole PC is faster actually because there are no cpu spike on 70% song changes now.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1420
Me too. It seems like there's some busy waiting loop going on in the multimedia thread, that naturally has very high priority so will take CPU time from all the other important threads.
"I hear it when I see it."

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1421
Plugin do not search japanese lyric. Why? How to search?

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1422
this is months ago, a year etc, but i have found many non english (chinese, japanese, etc) lyrics with this plugin... you cannot find any at all? maybe you are using the wrong songs etc?
don't get so worked up about one single language

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1423
For anyone having the CPU-spikes-while-changing-songs problem, you may want to try changing the first online lyrics database. The villains here seem to be any database that's inaccessible or offline, the usual suspects being Timestamped 3, Timestamped 1 and lyrics.mirkforce.net. So, you may try moving these to the bottom of the stack or simply moving them to the "Available sources" panel; while you're doing this, you may want to move Timestamped 2 too, so you don't get an error message instead of proper lyrics.

So the "Search Order" might look like:

· Local File search
· Tag Search
· Associations search
· lrc123.com
· Timestamped 3

But not like:

· Local File search
· Tag Search
· Associations search
· Timestamped 3
· lrc123.com

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1424
I've been using this plugin for a few months, saving synced and unsynced lyrics to the tag LYRICS.
Works pretty good, but I have 2 issues with it:
a) why are the search so slow? Most of the time, googling the artist+title, I get the lyrics within a sec while the search engine takes over 10s.
b) the 'search preference' sync/unsynced is a little weird: I initially set 'prefer sync', but this cause the search engine to run everytime but when synced lyrics are saved, thus ignoring the LYRICS tag containing unsynced lyrics.
Thus I had to set to 'no preference' to avoid this. But it's too bad, for files without lyrics, I would prefer the search engine to look 'synced lyrics' but ONLY ONCE/for the first time!
Would it be possible to add an option to ignore new search when the tag is found, even if unsynced?