Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [foo_uie_albumlist] Can I use covers? (Read 1839 times) previous topic - next topic

[foo_uie_albumlist] Can I use covers?

As the title says: is it possible use covers in with this component?

I don't like using the Columns UI playlist as a Library (like most of the configuration I found on the web) so I'd like to switch to this component, but I don't understand if it let me using covers (and styles) like the standard Columns UI panel

This is my actual configuration:

Reply #1
foo_uie_albumlist cannot display covers in its own panel. It looks like you are actually using the CUI filter panel as the library viewer in your picture, which cannot display covers in its own panel either.  For a library viewer that displays covers you need to use es_playlist (CUI & DUI compatible) or facets (DUI only). Of course all library viewers can send to a playlist which will display the covers if you choose an appropriate playlist viewer. I hope this helps, as I am not sure that I fully understood your post.

Reply #2
I hope this helps, as I am not sure that I fully understood your post.

Maybe my post isn't so clear becouse I'm a very beginner with foobar (and, for waht I see, it is very complex to customize!) ... I'll give a look at the components you suggest

PS
for clarification: my intention is to emulate the behaviour of media library/playlist of WMP11 , which I found really smart and well done... in foobar (and all other player) I don't like the fact that playlists do the job of a Media Library... I can't explain it well, but if you used WMP you can understand what I'm speaking about

Reply #3
One of the strengths of Foobar2000 is that you do NOT manage your library via playlists. Foobar2000 comes with a complete and useful media library. And there are various media library viewers to choose. As you are starting out with Foobar2000 I strongly suggest you start with the Default user interface. Base on your posts and the terms you have used, I do not think you understand your current configuration.

Reply #4
One of the strengths of Foobar2000 is that you do NOT manage your library via playlists. Foobar2000 comes with a complete and useful media library. And there are various media library viewers to choose. As you are starting out with Foobar2000 I strongly suggest you start with the Default user interface. Base on your posts and the terms you have used, I do not think you understand your current configuration.

Yes, I used a pack found on deviantART (Hybridview) for its look and now I'm tryng to understand how to customize it ... However, for what i saw since now, the main problem is that the available library viewers use all a tree view or something similar, while I'm looking for a library viewer that looks like (more or less) in the image above (artworks, styles, etc...)

Reply #5
You are asking for a library viewer that shows the library as linked lists instead of a tree view. One that looks like the one in your image.

Well, that is a standard part of Columns Interface and your image is already using it! In columns they are called filters[as in filter my library'] In the DUI there is a component name facets that also presents the library as linked lists.

I don't like using the Columns UI playlist as a Library (like most of the configuration I found on the web)

This is simply wrong. A vast majority of - if not every - the skins you have look at all use a library viewer.
Once again, as you do not yet understand the basics of Foobar2000 you are traveling a problematic path by using someone else's modified skin that you have little to no understanding.

EDIT: Please dump the skin and spend 30 minutes starting your own. You will be thankful. In CUI, preference>Display>columns>click quick setup and you will start you knowledge. IN DUI, install facets. Then main menu View>layout>quick setup