Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Ripping 5.1 Audio (Read 3567 times) previous topic - next topic

Ripping 5.1 Audio

Could someone help me out? I am having trouble ripping 5.1 audio from a Dual Disc onto my hard drive, so I can listen to it without having the DVD in the drive. I would prefer to get it into a 6-channel .wav file.

Thanks,
Mike

Ripping 5.1 Audio

Reply #1
You will need to rip the dvd portion the disc with Smartripper or DVD decrypter and demux the audio. 

I personally use Smartripper, split by chapters and BeSweet to convert to wav.
"You can fight without ever winning, but never win without a fight."  Neil Peart  'Resist'

Ripping 5.1 Audio

Reply #2
You can use Golandtech Audio DVD Creator 1.9.1 . Not free, but cheep and very very easy to use.

You can:

1) Create full audio DVDs
2) Create AC3 based audio DVDs (at various birtrates)
3) Create AC3 5+1 Dolby audio DVDs (44 kbits

Create authomatic menus.

Created DVDs can be played in a normal DVD player.

Tom

Ripping 5.1 Audio

Reply #3
Excuse me

3) Create AC3 5+1 Dolby audio DVDs (256 kbits or better more)

Ripping 5.1 Audio

Reply #4
Excuse me. I wrong because I have not understood your question. Well, there are a lot of programs to rip sounds from a DVD with a single click (exemple PlatoDVD Ripper is very good).

Tom