Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: A new format is born : Audio Multichannel 1.0 (AM1 (Read 2531 times) previous topic - next topic

A new format is born : Audio Multichannel 1.0 (AM1

Hello,

I work on my own audio format, based on ADPCM and Huffman coding. For the moment, I can encode my audio file with in 8:1 (4:1 for ADPCM and 2:1 for Huffman encoding)
To reduce the ratio and the bitrate (too high, but with very quick encoding/decoding), I would like to include a very simple/minimalist psychoacoustic model. I seach a Pascal source, or Delphi source, with this minimalist implemenation. My first goal is to have 12:1 ratio, like MP3 in 128 Kbps for stereo file. (In fact, 64 Kbps for each channel)
Have you a website (with explication, and code  example), or a source, to make that ?
For the moment, I read many PDF document with psychoacoustic explications but I need help to include it in my encoder (a program in command line for the moment)
To finish, my format (named for the moment AM1, for "Audio Multichannel Vers 1.0") can encoding in 24 bits, 96 Khz, support encapsulation - many files in one big file - watermarking, audio crypting, digital right management, and - off course - multichannel encoding (7.1)... This format is for movie and for music.

My code work perfectly, but the encoding ratio is to loo...

In advance, many thanks for your answer...

Best regards,

Christophe Fantoni
Author of the french book :
- "How to make your own DVD"
- "Digital Recording on CD and DVD"
Published by Dixit (www.dixit.fr)
Christophe Fantoni
Author of the french books :
- "How to make your own DVD"
- "Digital Recording on CD and DVD"
Published by Dixit (www.dixit.fr)
Visit my website : www.christophefantoni.com