Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [REQUEST] Plugin to sync lossless tags from lossy or vice-versa (Read 1097 times) previous topic - next topic

[REQUEST] Plugin to sync lossless tags from lossy or vice-versa

I was wondering if there was a plugin to sync by filename the tags including embedded artwork where the lossy and lossless files reside in the same folder with the same filename.

So the settings could be to sync:
lossy>lossless or lossless>lossy.

So depending on the setting I could edit one format and the other could update to match. 

Thanks.

Re: [REQUEST] Plugin to sync lossless tags from lossy or vice-versa

Reply #1
As I recall there were some hybrid compression formats which would create a lossy file that could be played standalone and also a correction file which, when placed right next to it, would provide supplementary data to achieve/restore lossless compression. One of those was WavPack. Not sure if they are any good, but maybe something you want to look into.

The other thing you can try is the m-tags component for foobar, but not sure how exactly it handles the external tagging.

One way sync is worth mentioning too and the mobile foobar client can pull files with or without encoding via FTP or Upnp I think. Not sure if any of those matches your criteria but those are your best bets.

Re: [REQUEST] Plugin to sync lossless tags from lossy or vice-versa

Reply #2
I've looked at the M-Tags documentation when I first installed foobar2k a year ago and AFAIK you can then re-import them again to the tags themselves. But, I like to handle the files tags internally.

The other option of one-way sync I have but that's just to convert and export to a phone etc.

My scenario is that I already have my files in:
One album folder and tracks with the same filename only one in .mp3 and the other .flac.

And to sync these by either editing the lossy or lossless tags in foobar2k.

I'd love to have the time/knowledge to write a plugin myself for this particular task.