Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: tagger for wave files (Read 3419 times) previous topic - next topic

tagger for wave files

Hi, everybody,
I'm working on digitalising about 200 open reel records and I wonder if there is any tagger for wave files, because i'd like to attacht the original record years (it's important because of it's a Linguistic proyect about the language of a area carried out 20 years ago). If a use Nero burning sofware, will this information be kept so it could be displayed on any player.
Thanks in advance for your help

tagger for wave files

Reply #1
Foobar2000 can add APEv2 tags to WAV files. But it's not recommended because that's non-standard and may cause problems with other programs.

tagger for wave files

Reply #2
You could store the files in something like FLAC that permits file tagging, or simply give them long file names that encapsulate the tag data.

tagger for wave files

Reply #3
If a use Nero burning sofware, will this information be kept so it could be displayed on any player.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=249251"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Are you talking about burning an audio CD?  If so you will need to use CD-Text to make track/artist information visible on CD players that support it.  CD Text doesn't have to do with metadata tags.

tagger for wave files

Reply #5
I have been looking for the same with a little success.
It seeems that Windows XP does keep the base  Audio Tags such as Artist, Album, Track, Date etc but hides them. Other software such as Siren from
www.scarabee.software.net will display this information and File Audio Processor from Sprintbit can update these fields, however their software is overkill for tagging.
Any other suggestions ??

tagger for wave files

Reply #6
Some time ago when I was using Goldwave, I noticed that it is able to store native tags in WAV files. I believe SounForge can do it so. And probably every one good audio editor. However I don't know whether some player support reading of WAV tags. Winamp cannot, for example.

tagger for wave files

Reply #7
Remember that wav is just a container for PCM.  It is possible to add metadata.  But I'd recommend that you use a lossless encoder that actually supports tags.
"You can fight without ever winning, but never win without a fight."  Neil Peart  'Resist'