Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foobar2000 v0.9.6.9 beta 1 (Read 7760 times) previous topic - next topic

foobar2000 v0.9.6.9 beta 1

Hello everybody,
foobar2000 v0.9.6.9 beta 1 has been released today. This maintenance release brings the following changes:
  • Multiple stability/security fixes.
  • Corrected various user interface glitches.
  • “Help” button in Converter Setup dialog.
  • ABX Comparator component no longer included with the installer - now available for download separately.
Note that from now on, all beta versions will be available through bittorrent only.
The .torrent file is available on the Download page of the official website.
Full-quoting makes you scroll past the same junk over and over.

Reply #1
nice. thanks for the heads up.

Reply #2
Coolness! Running it now, everything seems stable so far.

Is the 'torrent only' thing going to apply to full releases as well, or just betas?

Reply #3
Yes, shouldn't crash or anything, just some larger things have been messed with and it's safer to make a public beta.

BitTorrent only for beta versions for now, there are no definite other plans yet.

Reply #4
thank you for letting us know there is an update.

Reply #5
I thought we gone see 0.9.7 and "mentioned" new features, but OK - can't go above .6.9 anyway, or?

Reply #6
Well seeing another maintenance release should be a good indicator that next major version is still good amount of time ahead, I wouldn't hold your breath. 0.9.6.10 might be ugly to look at but perfectly possible to appear too.

Reply #10
Multiple stability/security fixes.

What is this? Using 9.6.8 unsafe or unstable? Not sure about first one, but unstable? foobar was never unstable to me, not even back in the panels UI-days.

Can be explained what kind of security issue there was?
(paranoid)

Reply #11
A tip/feature request for the installer - add code to detect installation on Windows 7 and disable quick-launch icon creation as there is no quick launch in Windows 7.

Reply #12
Installed and played with the beta1, no problem so far. But there's only one thing that really annoys me: the width of the Name format and the Preview in the Converter Setup.

Especially the "Name format:" field of the "Convert each track to an individual file" is so short, I have several entries and some have the same string at the beginning. To get the needed one I have to use several times the arrow, Start and End keys. Is it that hard to change a bit the layout of the Output files part of the Converter Setup? The smallest change I can think of is removing the description "Name format:" or adding a new line after this description so the scriptfield can get more width (like the "Name format & grouing pattern" of multi-track files). My preference would be that the Name format fields and the Preview field get the full widht of the Converter Setup window. Are there plans to modify this part any time soon?

Thanks for this real nice peace of software 

Reply #13
Final version 0.9.6.9 has been released a while ago, available at the usual place. There are no changes since beta.