Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: 3GPP's Enhanced AAC Plus implementation (Read 2371 times) previous topic - next topic

3GPP's Enhanced AAC Plus implementation

Hi All,
I am working on development of enhanced AAC Plus and hence also looking at 3gpp's fixed point implementation.
I have some basic questions related to the implementation. Please help me out.

1. The SBR_SCALE_FACTOR structure maintains the scaling factors for different parts of data like low band, high band, overlap band etc. What is the Q-point format of the data which is input to the Parametric Stereo(PS) part ?

2. In SBR processing this implementation uses different Q-point format (decimal precision) for different blocks of the SBR tool. Moreover the scaling factor itself is not fixed but it is calculated from the data itself in the fuction "expSubbandSamples()".  I want to know about the Scalefactor in the PS part. Does PS part work on a fixed Q-point format ?

3. I want to detach the PS part of 3gpp's code and want to have a look at the input and output parameters. Can you please suggest me what is the Q-point format PS works on?
Can I pass the data(not from the 3gpp's SBR but some other SBR ) and just use 3gpp's PS part.