Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Test sample archives (Read 42140 times) previous topic - next topic

Test sample archives

Reply #1
http://static.hydrogenaudio.org/extra/samples/test_samples/

Object not found!
The requested URL was not found on this server. If you entered the URL manually please check your spelling and try again.

If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.

Error 404
static.hydrogenaudio.org
Apache

- -

Anyone know where there's a large stash of .aac files?

Test sample archives

Reply #2
Look into this thread about the (re)organization of a HA.org Sample Archive/Database and encode yourself using an AAC encoder from either here or here.

Right now there are many lossless music samples scattered across various places (eg. the upload forum or here).
"To understand me, you'll have to swallow a world." Or maybe your words.

Test sample archives

Reply #3
Apparently not obvious, but I don't need samples I can make.  I can make plenty.  I need AAC samples already made (from myriad encoders).  flac samples are not in the right ballpark.  Hello?

Test sample archives

Reply #4
So... what exactly are you looking for? And why don't you encode them yourself?
"To understand me, you'll have to swallow a world." Or maybe your words.

Test sample archives

Reply #5
I am looking for .aac files.  I am not looking for encoders since I have all the (free) encoders.  I don't have $100 to buy nero.  Do you know of nero-made .aac samples?  Compaact samples?  I don't need to know how to fish.  Just give me the fish!

Test sample archives

Reply #7
Yes, thanks, I have the tech to do m4a to adts.  $60?  Where from?  I can see $86 but no way to return it if it doesn't work.  And that's not including shipping, and that's $100 for really only a aac encoder since I don't need anything else in it.

Since you know, is it true that to do real unlimited AAC you have to buy nero (or have 5.5+), and then, STILL buy a AAC encoder plugin to get 128 kbps or more?  I don't need/can't use AACHE.

Test sample archives

Reply #8
Nero Online Shop (www.nero.com)

Downloadble serial number: 59$ no shipping, you just download the packages you use of the net.

The (HE)AAC encoder is unlimited, and comes with the above package. It is not an extra you must pay for.

BTW. You can download the demo for free too, and encode 30 or 50 files with it.

Test sample archives

Reply #9
Samples from 128k listening test. They're mp4's, but I assume you are capable of doinf the mp4->aac conversion.

rarewares.hydrogenaudio.org is now gone.

You can get all samples from my listening tests here:
http://www.rjamorim.com/test/samples/

Test sample archives

Reply #10
rarewares.hydrogenaudio.org is now gone.

You can get all samples from my listening tests here:
http://www.rjamorim.com/test/samples/

hi, rjamorim

I can't link the above site, why?

there is following error:
"internal error - server connection terminated"

thanks.

Test sample archives

Reply #11
I can't link the above site, why?

No idea. Works perfectly here.

Can you reach the rest of rjamorim.com (ReallyRareWares and the Listening Tests page)?

Test sample archives

Reply #12
Nice thread and interesting samples!

I also have a little sample archive. Would be nice to get some comments on them. In hurry i had put online the samples once for some friends and now i wonder if i should keep them online any longer - it's not the idea to waste webspace you know...

The sample are not fully my 'invention' - a big part is from an internal Revox hifi set test CD.
To make it easy to download it's possible to get a download batch for wget (in win32 style only i guess, sorry).
Thanks for any replies!