Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: QuickTime 7 for Windows Public Preview (Read 9172 times) previous topic - next topic

QuickTime 7 for Windows Public Preview

New features in QuickTime 7 Player for Windows
•   H.264 video playback. Watch movies created with this state-of-the-art, standards-based codec, which delivers exceptional-quality video.
•   Surround sound. With QuickTime 7, your PC, and surround speakers, you can enjoy the full effect of your surround sound game or movie.
•   New and improved playback controls. Easily change settings including jog shuttle, playback speed, bass, treble, and balance.
•   Zero-configuration streaming. QuickTime automatically determines your optimal Internet connection speed and reconnects dropped connections.
•   Live resize. Playback continues smoothly as you change the size of the QuickTime Player window
New features in QuickTime 7 Pro for Windows
•   Create H.264 video. Create incredible-looking video for any use, from 3G for mobile devices to HD.
•   Create surround audio. Create a rich multimedia experience by adding multichannel audio to your movie.
•   Floating controls. Easily access functions like pause, play, fast-forward, and rewind while watching full-screen movies.
•   Background exporting. Export your movie in the background and continue with your next playback or editing task.
•   Improved movie authoring. The all-new Movie Properties facilitates simple and efficient movie authoring.
•   Automate with VB Script. Automate your QuickTime workflow with native VB Script support in QuickTime 7. Developers can also use VB Script to access the new QuickTime Active X control for creating custom multimedia applications.

Info and download: http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/preview/

Reply #1
Does anyone know how to access VBR AAC? I have installed the preview version, and a Pro license, but when I select a WAV file, and try to export movie to MP4, under the audio settings VBR AAC isn't selectable. Hopefully it will be in the final version... or maybe I just don't know what I'm doing :-)

Interestingly, under the encoding menue there is a ENCODING QUALITY setting - Good, Better, Best. Even for CBR AAC encoding modes. I wonder what the default setting when using iTunes is? I wonder if there is an appreciable difference across the different quality settings in CBR mode, or will this simply relate more to the accuracy of the VBR routines when in VBR mode...

Reply #3
Quote from: ShowsOn,Jun 6 2005, 09:40 PM

Does anyone know how to access VBR AAC? I have installed the preview version, and a Pro license, but when I select a WAV file, and try to export movie to MP4, under the audio settings VBR AAC isn't selectable. Hopefully it will be in the final version... or maybe I just don't know what I'm doing :-)

Same here-I just purchased  Pro Liscense-no VBR AAC-it is greyed out. Spoons Quicktime m4a creation plugin for dbpoweramp chokes on the new version-as to be expected. After months of hype and speculation about Apple AAC VBR vs Nero 3.0 AAC encoder, its a bit of a letdown
you will make mp3's for compatibility reasons.

Reply #4
A ha - export to MOV not MP4 ;-)
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=304197"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I just discovered the same thing-except now it creates a quicktime movie with VBR AAC sound. No option for m4p-strange. Guess we have to wait.
you will make mp3's for compatibility reasons.

Reply #5
A ha - export to MOV not MP4 ;-)
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=304197"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I just discovered the same thing-except now it creates a quicktime movie with VBR AAC sound. No option for m4p-strange. Guess we have to wait.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=304200"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Try what we've been doing on OS X - after encoding, open the .mov file in QT, then export it to mpeg-4 using "passthrough" for the audio. You should then end up with your VBR AAC file in an mp4 container.

Reply #6
Yep, using the pass through to MP4 works great.

Now just need an automated system... by that time iTunes 4.9 will be here, which will hopefully have it all integrated.

Reply #7
Roughly how long do you expect this will take to get phased into a release of K-Lite codec pack?
hi

Reply #8
QT Alternative has already been released with new codec.

Reply #11
It's been updated to Preview 3,yeah.

Reply #12
It's been updated to Preview 3,yeah.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=319369"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Now iTunes shows 'encoded with QuickTime 7.02'

Reply #13
However, still no vbr or gapless-playback but I have problem sample easy to identify with 320 kbs! I will upload tomorrow!