Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_skip: skip tracks that match a specified search query (Read 330117 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_skip: skip tracks that match a specified search query

Reply #50
Well Lance Uppercut uses "$ifgreater(%rating%,2,0,1)" to play songs with ratings over two.  But I'm assuming that his music collection uses rating tagged accordingly "1, 2, 3, 4, 5" but mine uses "|, ||, |||, ||||, |||||" so you can't use numeric values to compare the rating metadata.  So that's why I tried to make it so it just compares the length of the string of the %rating% tag with "$iflonger($len(%rating%), 3, 0, 1)" but it doesn't work, I was just wondering if anyone knows why ? or if my code is completely wrong..

Reply #51
Well Lance Uppercut uses "$ifgreater(%rating%,2,0,1)" to play songs with ratings over two.  But I'm assuming that his music collection uses rating tagged accordingly "1, 2, 3, 4, 5" but mine uses "|, ||, |||, ||||, |||||" so you can't use numeric values to compare the rating metadata.  So that's why I tried to make it so it just compares the length of the string of the %rating% tag with "$iflonger($len(%rating%), 3, 0, 1)" but it doesn't work, I was just wondering if anyone knows why ? or if my code is completely wrong..
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=349755"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Did you try what I suggested? Using $iflonger() you are comparing the LENGTH of $len(%rating%) (which would be a single digit number) to the LENGTH of " 3" (which is two characters...the space counts). Therefore every track you point that at will come back false because the first length (1) is not longer than the second length (2).

What I suggested should instead take the length of %rating% (it will be either 1, 2, 3, 4, 5) and if it is greater than 3, it will play the song (I guess).

Reply #52
Ah I see, your code does work

$ifgreater($len(%rating%),3,0,1)

thank you so much

Reply #53
[removed]

Reply #54
A great way to have a random that play mors most rated tracks :

$if($or(%talking%,$and(%rating%,$greater($add(1,$mod($rand(),10)),$sub($mul(%rating%,2),1)))),1,0)

The track is skiped if the TALKING tag is present, and if the tag RATING is present, I compare a 1-10 random number to the (RATING * 2) - 1
The resulting probability is :
Rating < 1 --> 0 / 10
Rating = 1 --> 1 / 10
Rating = 2 --> 3 / 10
Rating = 3 --> 5 / 10
Rating = 4 --> 7 / 10
Rating = 5 --> 9 / 10
Rating > 5 --> 10 / 10

Reply #55
is there any plan to update this for .9?

Reply #57
anyone feel like porting this?

Reply #59
(*bump*)

some kind coder, please port? i think i'm developing RSI from skipping manually

thank you in advance ;-)

Reply #61
Unless I'm missing something (and I've tried extensive searches on Google, the author's web site, and here on the forums), the source isn't available for anyone but the author to port.  I did send'm an email, but have gotten no response yet.

pa-palease, kind sirs?

Reply #62
Unless I'm missing something (and I've tried extensive searches on Google, the author's web site, and here on the forums), the source isn't available for anyone but the author to port.  I did send'm an email, but have gotten no response yet.

got your email and just ported it to 0.9

the good thing is that with 0.9 i didnt have to do the workaround which assumes that a file gets played only once, the bad thing that i dont see a way to *really* skip the song instead of programmatically press the next button (this is how it worked before as well, but 0.9 doesnt like it even less than 0.8  )

well, try it out and see, if it does any problems, you can get it here

Reply #63

the good thing is that with 0.9 i didnt have to do the workaround which assumes that a file gets played only once, the bad thing that i dont see a way to *really* skip the song instead of programmatically press the next button (this is how it worked before as well, but 0.9 doesnt like it even less than 0.8  )

this is great news......but...um....there doesnt appear to be a download link...

Reply #65
this is great news......but...um....there doesnt appear to be a download link...

sorry, it was a bit late .. should work now

Reply #67
cool thing! big big thanx

Reply #68

... I ... love... I ... I LOVE YOU!   

Reply #69
would it be possible for foo_skip to recognize %_system_xxxx% time fields? like %_system_year%, etc..

Reply #70
Is there some way to change font on the playlist for skipped tracks? I'd like to have skipped tracks with striketrough font and normal tracks with defaul font.

Example:
Title | Artist | Album
Voodoo Chile | The Jimi Hendrix Experience | The Best air guitar...
Me and Bill | The Knob | -                        <--- This track is is skipped
Want You Bad | The Offspring | Conspiracy of one

Is there something like $striketrough() function? At the moment I'm using $rgb() to change the colour of skipped track titles. I'm using columns_ui version 0.1.3 beta.

Reply #71
Thanks for the port, kdx. This was the last plugin needed to make fb2k 0.9 complete.

Is there some way to change font on the playlist for skipped tracks?

No. Neither Default UI nor Columns UI allow font changes for individual tracks.

Brother John

Reply #72
it would be of great help if this plug-in could read variables in columns_ui global tab. would this be possible?

Reply #73
This is sort-of related, but I thought a plug-in that would skip a predefined section of a song would be cool.  Like, the annoying intro to a good song, or a 20 minute outtro.

Reply #74
Thanks for porting! 

I would like to make a feature request:

Could you implement a variable like %will_be_skipped% that will show you wich track is going to be skipped in dependence of the string you use.

Not so important but very nice would be a dropdown box from which you can choose your string (why not represented by friendly names) or disable the skip function.