Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: m4b Chapters (Read 5162 times) previous topic - next topic

m4b Chapters

Hi, is there an option to show chapters of m4b-files? I searched but didnt find any actual results so i want to ask if there is any progress.

m4b Chapters

Reply #1
Hello,
i don´t know if there is a solution, if you found a solution to show chapters.
I do have audiobooks in *.m4b. I can play them using foobar, but its not possible to switch between chapters. How can I do that? I can´t see any button or menu entry. The file does have chapters, with chapter-covers, i can see and use booth in quicktime.
Thx for any help.

m4b Chapters

Reply #2
I just tried to find information about m4b and foobar2000 support.
Unfortunately there seems to be only ONE information:

Fb2k plays m4b but without chapters.

All threads about that topic died quickly.

I am really suprised about missing m4b chapter support!

m4b Chapters

Reply #3
Yes, fb2k doesn't support QuickTime style chapters used in m4b audiobooks;
However, you can convert it to Nero style chapters, which fb2k can read.

1. Download mp4v2-r479-windows-binaries.zip from here.
2. Remove title tag of m4b if present.
3. Run mp4chaps.exe in the mp4v2 archive like the following:
mp4chaps -c -N path\to\your\audiobook.m4b

With this command line, Nero style chapters are created from QuickTime style chapters and appended to the m4b file. Original QuickTime style chapters are still there, and iTunes/iPod will be able to read it.
Without step 2, fb2k will show duplicated title for each chapters (instead of chapter name).

m4b Chapters

Reply #4
Didn't try it yet, but thank you so far!