Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Audio Rip => FLAC => Vorbis conversion (Read 5360 times) previous topic - next topic

Audio Rip => FLAC => Vorbis conversion

Having a notebook with not so much HD space and trying to backup as many of my cd:s as possible in one go, I wonder if there is any possibility to save the EAC ripped tracks as FLAC files?

John33: Your excellent tool OggdropXPd would in my opinion gain a lot in usability if FLAC -> Ogg Vorbis conversion possibility is included. Especially if EAC is able to save tracks to FLAC.

- Or could I be the only one not having enough of diskspace when backing up a lot of cd:s? 

Cheers,

Reply #1
If you use speeks frontend you can give it any file you want.
Remember to have the flac decoder in the program dir then.

Jan.

Reply #2
Are you talking about Speeks Oggifier? I can not find an option for decoding FLAC to wav and encode it to ogg vorbis.

I was more looking for a transcoding tool, like Oggdrop (or similar) being able to direct transcode FLAC to Ogg. And if that tool is libvorbis aware, that's excellent!

Reply #3
yeah would be a really nice feature!

Reply #4
OK, guys, I hear what you say. I had been thinking about that myself. Only trouble is, the next guy will want APE support, etc, etc.

Seriously, though, I will take a good look at it.

john33

Reply #5
Sorry, I was thinking about MPC.

Reply #6
Originally posted by Emanuel

I was more looking for a transcoding tool, like Oggdrop (or similar) being able to direct transcode FLAC to Ogg. And if that tool is libvorbis aware, that's excellent!

This may be what you're looking for:

http://www.cyclooctane.com/sonice/

Josh

Reply #7
You can use Winamp, with FLAC input plugin and PP's Vorbis output plugin.

But, as usual: Turn off Equalizer and any DSP plugins before transcoding.

Regards;

Roberto.

Reply #8
Originally posted by jcoalson

This may be what you're looking for:

http://www.cyclooctane.com/sonice/

Yeah, it might be! I'll have a thorough look at it. Thanks.
John33: You're the guy!
Roberto: I am for sure not correct about this, but it "feels" better to have a dedicated coding program to do the job than a player. I am not sure how accurate the input/output plugins for FLAC and Vorbis are. But it's a solution.