Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Foobar2000 Mobile keeps crashing (Read 1068 times) previous topic - next topic

Foobar2000 Mobile keeps crashing

I'm a huge fan of Foobar and have been using it for 10 years in addition to MediaMonkey Gold for my home audio needs, but this Foobar mobile app has got me down, way down.
The app is so sporadic and crashes so often to the point I've given up on it entirely.
I've been through every tweak I know in Android developer mode to see that it succeeds, but alas It will go a day or two, three, before another crash.
I'm using a Poptel P9000 max solely dedicated to playing music, but I also had the same problems on a Samsung Galaxy, so it is not a phone issue, it's an app issue.
I hate giving up, but I finally did pull the app because who wants to constantly re-install just to get it working?
All I want from a music app is to be lightweight, elegantly simple, show me some cover art, and have ReplayGain. I don't need EQ or fancy ding-dongs just the basics. I want an app to be rock-solid, reliable every day.
I'm currently using Vanilla Music and it's performing well.
If anyone here knows of any better, lightweight, and simple player, or how to FIX the beloved Foobar in mobile, please give a shout.
THNX