Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Expand Album list entries on single click (Read 1279 times) previous topic - next topic

Expand Album list entries on single click

Yeah I know we can click the little +, but there's really not reason to not (optionally) expand/collapse on single click all the time.

Alternatively, you could turn "library viewer selection playlist" into a UI element and *NOT* a playlist. It would be better served as a filter to show what files are under the current selection. Or keep it if you want, but add an option for a selection filter. It might be easier to use "media library search"; make an option to auto search for the selected text. Or if you want to make it even simpler, make %albumlist_selection% valid syntax  (and I would manually type that search query. ideally the text would be persistent across sessions).

The problem with "album list" is navigating the tree is arduous. The way I see it, you can either make it more efficient (expand/collapse on click) or provide a way to minimize the need for its use (selection filter).

I just started using foobar and this little quirk is the one gaping design flaw in an otherwise excellent program. I don't want or need to use a UI component because this aside, I like foobar's built in album list (not to mention the components I've all tried have had deal breaking bugs).

thanks.

Reply #1
I think this option is really needed. Made an account just to post this. Hopefully this goes somewhere.

Best regs
Xequitep

Reply #2
While we are talking about the album list, at one point I had the album list as a UI element and of course it remembered its position in the list. Now I use the album list as a pop-up and it is at the top when it is recalled. It would be nice if it remembered where it was when it was dismissed.

Bob