Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_vis_spectrum_analyzer (Read 72911 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_vis_spectrum_analyzer

foo_vis_spectrum_analyzer is a foobar2000 component that implements a spectrum analyzer panel.

It is an attempt to recreate the foo_musical_spectrum component by fismineur for foobar2000 64-bit.

Available in  the Components repository.

Re: foo_vis_spectrum_analyzer

Reply #1
Thank you for your work!

And now, bugs:

- The "pins" (I don't know how are these called in english, sorry) go to negative value.
- Animation is jittery
- No settings at all!

Wishes:

- Please add frequency range to be an option
- Please add possibility to set up range showing (for example -30 to 0 dB)
- Please add possibility to set color scheme

Error 404; signature server not available.

Reply #2
@pqyt,
Nice to see the start of new component!
Good luck, and new releases!

Reply #4
Glad to see @pqyt remaking Musical Spectrum (foo_musical_spectrum) for foobar2000 x64 (as an early-access component right now) and the very first step of making my concept components like FFT Analyzer (foo_fft_analyzer) into reality, and it is based on my own spectrum analyzer on CodePen

Of course, since this component uses custom FFT just like foo_enhanced_spectrum_analyzer, a non-power of two FFT size and the feature to set FFT size in milliseconds (where the FFT size adjusts itself according to the sample rate so it get 100ms response time and 10Hz resolution at all sampling rates like 4410 samples for 44.1kHz samplerate, 4800 samples for 48kHz samplerate, and so on) instead of samples would be nice to have

A Columns UI support as well as UI color integration like Enhanced Spectrum analyzer (to look more like fb2k's built-in spectrum) would be nice, and I would appreciate if @pqyt adds the option to display separate channels simultaneously like this one and Mid/Side representations

Reply #5
Thank you very much PQYT!!
It is great to see this in 64bit

I'll add to the wish list, if at all possible, a config window like old plugin had:

Reply #6
Its for DUI, not CUI.
A quick first attempt to add DUI support to a CUI component caused a massive amount of compilation errors.

Reply #7
I'll add to the wish list, if at all possible, a config window like old plugin had:
A configuration dialog will follow (in fact the next version already has an empty one) but that takes a lot of work. I'm experimenting with a JSON file that contains the configuration until then.

Reply #8
Hi,
this component does not work for me.
FB2.0, 64bit, Win10.
The component installs ok (tried both versions) but when I play audio and click view-visualisations-spectrum analyser I just get a black window with nothing inside.

Reply #9
Hi,
FB2.0, 64bit, Win10.
The component installs ok (tried both versions) but when I play audio and click view-visualisations-spectrum analyser I just get a black window with nothing inside.
Have you started playing a track? The display 'in rest' is still a black background.

Reply #10
I just released a new version to the Components repository. Foobar2000 should detect the new version automatically.

Some parameters of the configuration can be specified by editing the JSON file that is in the same directory as the component (foo_vis_spectrum_analyzer.json) until I have time to create a user interface. I'll document them in the wiki.

Reply #11
Hi,
FB2.0, 64bit, Win10.
Have you started playing a track? The display 'in rest' is still a black background.

Yes, as I have written "when I play audio". I know that when idle, there is nothing to be displayed. But this component just does not display anything for me. Just blank window.

Reply #12
Yes, as I have written "when I play audio". I know that when idle, there is nothing to be displayed. But this component just does not display anything for me. Just blank window.
This is a very early alpha release which contains no logging or diagnostics code. At this stage I'm unable to help you,

Reply #13
This is a very early alpha release which contains no logging or diagnostics code. At this stage I'm unable to help you,
Agreed with your statement about the component's state, that's why I put the yellow-colored warning on top of the the wiki page about this component that says that this component is in, you guess it, Early Access (pre-alpha), as it is subject to changes and obviously might not reflect the final release

Also, the FR for this component: LED effects as in audioMotion-analyzer

Reply #14
Just installed the third version on this component. Still just blank black window. All other visualisations and meters work properly.

Reply #15
Does this component overwrite the old monochrome Spectrum Analyzer?

EDIT: Never mind, this Spectrum analyzer is part of CUI.

Reply #16
Just installed the third version on this component. Still just blank black window. All other visualisations and meters work properly.
I'll see if I can add some logging to the console in the next version.

Reply #17
v0.1.0.3, 2023-11-14

* New: Implemented the frequency bands of AveePlayer.
* New: Implemented the smoothing methods of the spectrum.
  * This addresses one of the early comments about the 'jitter' in the rendering. F.e. use "SmoothingMethod: 1" and "SmoothingFactor: 0.75"
* New: Added some DirectX debug logging to the console. Set the "LogLevel" parameter to 1 to enable; Use 6 (default) to disable.

Reply #18
Of course, a config window could be easier to use than having to editing the JSON files (which currently is the only way to customize that) and it should allow different instances of this component to have its own configs as usual with built-in visualizations, Channel Spectrum panel, Musical Spectrum, and even Enhanced Spectrum analyzer, etc.

Also, could the FFT size on this component be set to non-power of 2 values like 4800 samples (100ms at 48kHz sampling rate)?
v0.1.0.3, 2023-11-14

Probably an exact replica of frequency scaling function from Avee Player (which is an Android audio player app best known for music visualizations on these Indonesian remixes of popular TikTok songs on YouTube) for this frequency band distribution mode, despite this Android app is paid and closed-source anyway

* This addresses one of the early comments about the 'jitter' in the rendering. F.e. use "SmoothingMethod: 1" and "SmoothingFactor: 0.75"
That's right, this is a peak decay/smoothing time constant function that smooths out this visualization, which is missing in the original foo_musical_spectrum but present in Enhanced Spectrum analyzer (foo_enhanced_spectrum_analyzer) barring from the exponential averaging mode

BTW, should @pqyt collaborate with hvianna (the developer of audioMotion-analyzer, which does the similar thing to foo_musical_spectrum and just like this component, it has features that foo_musical_spectrum don't have like 1/24th octave bands and separate channels display) once the source code is released?

Reply #19
v0.1.0.3, 2023-11-14

* New: Added some DirectX debug logging to the console. Set the "LogLevel" parameter to 1 to enable; Use 6 (default) to disable.

Still blank window for me. Am I the only one who can't properly run this component? All other components work fine for me.

Reply #21
Blank for me too, this and the last version. Latest FB2K release version, Win 11 Pro, everything at 96kHz.
Have you looked for "foo_vis_spectrum_analyzer:" messages in the console?

The drawing code uses DirectX but since you get a black background, which is already rendered using DirectX, it may be something else. I have one generated wav file at 96kHz that has no problems on my system.

The next version will show the axis and a frame counter without playing a track. That will help narrow down where things go wrong.

Thank you all for your patience. I know some of you are alpha testers.

Reply #23
v0.1.0.4, 2023-11-16

* New: Implemented color schemes.
* New: Implemented the peak value indicators.
* Improved: Replaced the FFT with one that supports complex values and non-radix-2 FFT sizes.
* Improved: Improved and refactored rendering code.
* Added some more diagnostics code.
  * LogLevel 0 will write messages to the console everytime an audio chunk and the spectrum gets rendered.

Please check the wiki for an explanation about the parameters.

Reply #24
Thanks for this needed component