Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: CAF input plugin based on AppleApplicationSupport (Read 4990 times) previous topic - next topic

CAF input plugin based on AppleApplicationSupport

Requires Apple Application Support (shipped with iTunes or QuickTime).
Supports playback and tagging of CAF (Apple Core Audio Format) files.
Supported codecs (not thoroughly tested):
  • LPCM
  • MPEG layer 1,2,3
  • AAC(LC and HE, not HEv2)
  • ALAC
  • A-Law, μ-Law
  • IMA 4:1, DVI, MS ADPCM, DVI/IMA ADPCM
  • AMR-NB
  • GSM 6.10
  • iLBC
  • QDesign, QDesign Music 2
  • Qualcomm PureVoice, Quaicomm QCELP

Download (foo_input_caf_x.x.x.zip in the following page):
https://sites.google.com/site/qaacpage/cabinet
Release note:
https://sites.google.com/site/qaacpage/news/fooinputcaf001

Reply #1
Updated to 0.0.2.
Now it passes 3 of 4 decoder validation tests by foo_input_validator;
However, for most of codecs, "Random Access" test fails.
As far as I tested, only Linear PCM, ALAC, A-Law, μ-Law could pass that (although many of standard decoder seems to fail that test, too ... so probably this is inevitable).

Reply #2
Updated to 0.0.3 (although nobody other than me might be interested on this).
  • Switched to use input_cuesheet_factory_t, and now cuesheet referencing to CAF files is available. However, only use random access safe codecs for this purpose(explained later).
  • Now LC-AAC, MPEG Layer1,2,3 pass the random access validation test, and can be said to be random access safe (Linear PCM and ALAC were already random access safe).

Actually when I tested before (on fb2k 1.1.15) LC-AAC failed the test, but now it seems working (without changes on plugin side).
As for MP1,2,3 case, it turned out that ExtAudioFileSeek() API doesn't perform pre-rolling for these codecs. Therefore, on this version foo_input_caf takes care of MP1,2,3 preroll.
For others (especially HE-AAC), it seems subtle difference exists on decoded result after seeking, which cannot be recovered by simple pre-rolling. Therefore, these are not random-access safe. It's not a serious problem just for listening or decoding whole song, but don't use with cuesheet.

Reply #3
Updated to 0.0.4
fixed a problem: VBR bitrate was not being properly refreshed until seeking once.

Reply #4
input_cuesheet_factory_t

Interesting...

Reply #5
input_cuesheet_factory_t

Interesting...

Actually, I just added two or so (non-working) functions and switched from input_single_track_t to input_cuesheet_factory_t. Only few lines of modification.

Reply #6
Released v0.0.5.
Fixed a crash when AppleApplicationSupport is not installed on the system.

Reply #7
Released 0.0.6.
Show channel layout on property dialog.

Reply #8
Should I be able to playback .mov files with Qdesign 2 audio with this plugin? What are the required steps to get there? Cheers.

Reply #9
Should I be able to playback .mov files with Qdesign 2 audio with this plugin? What are the required steps to get there? Cheers.

No, only CAF files.