Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How to scan database? (Read 4525 times) previous topic - next topic

How to scan database?

Hi. I'm somewhat new to coding - made some C++ plugins for games (HL) a few years back. I've been studying the SDK and the sample plugins.

Sorry for the newb question but how do you scan the database? I'm trying to retrieve the rg values from all the files in the database. All I know is it involves metadb...

How to scan database?

Reply #1
library_manager::enum_items() or library_manager::get_all_items().
Full-quoting makes you scroll past the same junk over and over.

How to scan database?

Reply #2
Thanks. One more thing:

I'm trying to show a popup box but I can't figure out the last argument, the icon.

Code: [Select]
static_api_ptr_t<popup_message>()->g_show(s, "Information", ?);

How to scan database?

Reply #3
The g_show method is static, so you should leave static_api_ptr_t out of this, i.e. just do popup_message::g_show(...). As for the icon parameter, look at the method signature in the SDK:
static void g_show(const char* p_msg, const char* p_title, t_icon p_icon).

Hint: Follow the links to the type of p_icon.

Hint 2: "Information" is such a non-descriptive title for a popup message. You didn't use "Topic" as the title of this forum thread, did you? Perhaps you can think of something better.