Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Audacity 2.0 final released (Read 31430 times) previous topic - next topic

Audacity 2.0 final released

Download Audacity 2.0 - The Audacity Team is elated to announce the release of Audacity 2.0 for Windows, Mac, GNU/Linux, and other operating systems. It has dozens of new features, developed in the 1.3 series. It replaces all previous versions, especially 1.2.6 and 1.3.14. See New Features in 1.3 for changes during the 1.3 series. See also Release Notes for more details.

- Many effects significantly improved, especially Equalization, Noise Removal and Normalize. Vocal Remover now included plus GVerb on Windows and Mac. VAMP analysis plug-ins now supported.
- Improved label tracks with Sync-Lock Tracks feature in the Tracks Menu. Multiple clips per track. Tracks and selections can be fully manipulated using the keyboard. Many more keyboard shortcuts.
- New Device Toolbar to manage inputs and outputs. Timer Record feature. New Mixer Board view with per-track VU meters.
- Automatic Crash Recovery in the event of abnormal program termination.
- Fast "On-Demand" import of WAV/AIFF files if read directly from source. FLAC now fully supported. Added support for optional FFmpeg library for import/export of AC3/M4A/WMA and import of audio from video files.

Audacity is a free (GPL), easy-to-use and multilingual audio editor and recorder. You can use Audacity to: Record live audio; Convert tapes and records into digital recordings or CDs; Edit Ogg Vorbis, MP3, WAV or AIFF sound files; Cut, copy, splice or mix sounds together; Change the speed or pitch of a recording; And more!

Reply #1
Awesome. As someone who uses it almost daily, my appreciation goes out to the developers.

Reply #2
Still doesn't display properly reconstructed (sinc-interpolated) waveforms... 
"Not sure what the question is, but the answer is probably no."

Reply #3
Still no native support for 24-bit recordings (i.e. to get 24-bit supported you have to add ASIO support by yourself)?

Juha

Reply #4
So I tried it...

It's not only audio editor that draws light background for waveform, but others provide a way to set those to preferred, unlike Audacity. What's nonsensical to me is light background for color spectrogram view, it's something I haven't noticed anywhere yet
Obviously nothing new in deprecated GUI - 10 years later it looks just the same as on day it was announced - forever young

Reply #5
Audacity 2.0 - This is great news as I have always used this almost weekly or whenever there is a recording.

Reply #6
Many thanks to those responsible for this excellent software.  There's nothing even close at the price ( free ).

Woody