Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Resampler plugin (Read 480978 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Resampler plugin

Reply #275
I have 384kHz/352.8kHz DAC.
Please add upsample x8 setting.

Thanks

Reply #276
If you want to resample 44100 to 352800 Hz, just type this value in the "Target samplerate" input box.

Reply #277
Resolved.
Great! Thank you so much 

Reply #278
Sorry in advance for the longish string of questions, I'm copy&pasting them from another place I asked them and got *no answer* to any.

I'm using a FiiO E7 which only supports 41,000 or 48,000 Hz, because of USB limitations. What do you think of these settings for playback? The resampler is based on SoX code and WASAPI is supposed to bypass a lot of Windows's internal sound processing.

I'm allowing aliasing because it gives it an easier time with ringing artefacts and not much aliasing actually happens and that which does is mostly above the Nyquist Frequency so I won't hear it anyway. Should I enable dithering in WASAPI? How does dithering even work anyway? Does it only apply when upsampling, like in images? Also I see the passband is adjustable. I have no idea why? I set it to 96, not the maximum 99% because I figured it must do something good to lower it and I can sacrifice the top 500 Hz to get this good thing. I hope this doesn't just save CPU cycles or something. Phase response turns preringing into post ringing, right? I figure post ringing is more acceptable than preringing when listening so I'm going with this.

Reply #279
1) this plugin doesn't perform any dithering
2) About passband: http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....mp;#entry626176
A resampler's band-width setting determines how much of the fre‐
              quency content of the original signal (w.r.t. the original  sam‐
              ple rate when up-sampling, or the new sample rate when down-sam‐
              pling) is preserved during conversion.  The term `pass-band'  is
              used  to  refer  to  all  frequencies up to the band-width point
              (e.g. for 44.1kHz sampling rate, and a resampling band-width  of
              95%,  the  pass-band  represents  frequencies from 0Hz (D.C.) to
              circa 21kHz).  Increasing the resampler's band-width results  in
              a  slower  conversion  and can increase transient echo artefacts
              (and vice versa).

Reply #280
Uploaded here

Good quality, fast resampler (~2 times faster than PPHS Ultra, although ~2.5 times slower than regular PPHS). Minimum / intermediate / linear phase.
Any comments?

Added: If you want to know what settings are best:
1. Read SoX FAQ, "What are the best 'rate' settings to resample a file and retain the highest quality?"
2. This post: http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....st&p=626176 (an excerpt from SoX help)
3. Feel free to experiment and decide what's best for you.

hi
amazing
may i ask which is the lastest version for 1.1.17 for xp?
is this one ,isn't
thanks

Reply #281
The latest is the latest: 0.8.1.

Reply #282
The latest is the latest: 0.8.1.

thanks
really love your component
i open a question about export using resample before burning
here is guess it's off topic

Reply #283
Hi how's it goin'.  I've just installed Foobar2000 because I was looking to downsize 24bit to 16bit and this program was recommended to me. 

Heres what I've done:

Using foobar2000 and its built-in converter to resample:

- In foobar2000, make a new playlist (File->New Playlist)(CTRL+N)

- Drag and drop your audio files from Windows Explorer into the playlist.

- In the foobar2000 playlist, select all, then right-click and go to context menu item “Convert”

- In the Converter Setup window. . .
  go to “Processing” and choose the DSP named “Resampler (SoX)”, then click the “Configure selected” button.
  Click the “Back” button and configure the rest of your settings (“Output format”, “Destination”, “Other”).
  Click the “Convert” button.

- All Done !! …go to the destination folder and enjoy your 16-bit/44kHz resampled files

Everything seems fine until the very last step when I click "Convert".  From there it keeps bringing up the folder of where my Foobar is installed.  What am I doing wrong?  Thanks, Chris

Reply #284
and what is the title of this window?

Reply #285
There is nothing wrong with those converter instructions, however if you are very new to foobar2000 you may need further elaboration.
Here is a more detailed walkthrough of a conversion:

- In your filesystem, browse to the directory containing the target 24-bit audio files to be converted.

Let's say these 2 files are the targets:

C:\my music\rock\them\(1965) the angry young them\(vinyl) mono. decca #lk 4700. gbr\06. gloria.flac
        C:\my music\rock\them\(1965) the angry young them\(vinyl) mono. decca #lk 4700. gbr\07. you just can't win.flac

- In foobar2000, make a new playlist (File->New Playlist)(CTRL+N)

- Drag and drop those two audio files from Windows Explorer into the playlist, select all, then right-click and go to context menu item “Convert”

- In the Converter Setup window, go to “Processing” and choose the DSP named “Resampler (SoX)”, then click the “Configure selected” button.
  Click the “Back” button and configure the rest of your settings (“Output format”, “Destination”, “Other”).

Output format:------ 
        I assume you have no problems setting this

Destination:------
        "Output Path":             You must set the output path, let's choose "Source track folder" (!!!!! is same directory as the target 24-bit audio files ...next two lines will tweak)
        "If file already exists":   Ask, Skip or Overwrite ...what should foobar2000 do if there is a collision?
        "Output style...":          Choose "Convert each track to an individual file" and put this in "Name format field":   resampled\$if2(%tracknumber%. ,%list_index%. )$if2($meta(title),%filename%)

Other:------
        "When done":               Check "Show full status report"

Click the “Convert” button.

- When conversion is finished, two windows will pop up: ("Converter Output" — a track listing) and ("Converter Status Report" — a message log)

- Select all the tracks in the "Converter Output" window and choose "Open containing folder", Windows Explorer will open with the converted tracks highlighted at the path you see here:

C:\my music\rock\them\(1965) the angry young them\(vinyl) mono. decca #lk 4700. gbr\resampled\06. Gloria.flac
        C:\my music\rock\them\(1965) the angry young them\(vinyl) mono. decca #lk 4700. gbr\resampled\07. You Just Can't Win.flac

- Drag those new resampled files into the same playlist and have a listen, and check their Properties (Right Click->Properties)(ALT+ENTER)

- Done.

---------------------------

if you prefer not to create a subfolder named resampled then you could have used this in "Name format field":

$if2(%tracknumber%. ,%list_index%. )$if2($meta(title),%filename%)_resampled

which would give you this:

C:\my music\rock\them\(1965) the angry young them\(vinyl) mono. decca #lk 4700. gbr\06. Gloria_resampled.flac
        C:\my music\rock\them\(1965) the angry young them\(vinyl) mono. decca #lk 4700. gbr\07. You Just Can't Win_resampled.flac

Reply #286
Sheesh, I'm starting to feel like an idiot here.  Same thing, once I get to clicking on the convert button, again, it brings up a windows folder that reads "Please locate flac.exe".  It doesn't matter what folder I select from there - I can navigate to any folder from there, but when I get to say the last folder in the chain, for example....my music/steely dan/aja.....once i get to aja it shows nothing in that folder and it won't let me "open" anything from there.  The only thing I can do is hit the cancel button and then I'm back to the foobar convert page.  All my music folders are showing nothing in them.  In the last folder where there should be music, you have two choices...one that says "File name" which it shows nothing to seleect.....and "files of type" which there is only one thing to choose from, and that says "Command-line encoder.

Reply #287
So you want to convert to FLAC and foobar2000 cannot find the encoder so it ask you about its location.

Download and install this: http://www.foobar2000.org/encoderpack

Reply #288
   >>  from website - foobar2000 encoderpack:   "The binaries are conveniently installed into a subfolder of the foobar2000 installation folder..." *

If you are running foobar2000 in portable mode, you may run into a problem if you copy your whole foobar to some other location.

When setting up a new (custom) converter preset for FLAC, you are going to put the path to  flac.exe  into the "New Preset—Encoder:" field.

If you manually copy  flac.exe  to the root of the foobar2000 config folder**,  you can just type  flac.exe  in the "New Preset—Encoder:" field,  and your portable foobar still works.

If you copy  flac.exe  to a subfolder of the foobar2000 config folder**,  you can not just type  flac.exe  in the "New Preset—Encoder:" field,  and your portable foobar may become compromized.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                      - Some Test Results (running in portable mode) -

Create this:   <foobar2000_config_folder>\encoders\flac.exe

Try converting a track to FLAC using   encoders\flac.exe   in "New Preset—Encoder:" field     ...does not work (Error window pops up)

Try converting a track to FLAC using   .\encoders\flac.exe   in "New Preset—Encoder:" field     ...does not work (Error window pops up)

Create this:   <foobar2000_config_folder>\flac.exe

Try converting a track to FLAC using   flac.exe   in "New Preset—Encoder:" field     ...works

NOTE: this test gives the same results if you change  <foobar2000_config_folder>  to  <foobar2000_installation_folder>
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* foobar2000 installation folder == foobar2000 configuration folder    ...only if you are running in portable mode;  not the same if fb2k is "installed".
   If fb2k is installed ---->   installation folder is %programfiles%\foobar2000,   configuration folder is %appdata%\foobar2000

** how to find your foobar2000 configuration folder:    While in foobar2000,   Hold down 'SHIFT' key,   then choose 'File-->Browse configuration folder'

Reply #289
You are complicating things, derty2. You are not supposed to use any paths in encoder presets and everything will work fine. When paths are not specified foobar2000 can use encoder pack installed versions properly, as well as any binaries found from system's search path.

Reply #290
They would not install.  I'm getting this message "Could not load component "encoders": Unsupported format or corrupted file"
Does Derty have a point about me running portable?  Am I saving all my Foobar stuff into a wrong folder? 

Reply #291
Never mind, I didn't realize you didn't  actually have to install INTO Foobar.  I just tried a track, it did work.  Now to see how successful or if I set the preferences up correctly, lol.

Reply #292
Well damn, I think it worked, lol!  Just a couple quick questions for the completely clueless:

I read so much about dithering, I'm just wondering what I'm supposed to mess with in terms of all I want to do is down sample to 16 and have it sound the same.  Am I supposed to change the dither?  The output bid depth?  And under the "Convert each track to an individual file" name file Derty had me paste a bunch of mumbo jumbo that I'm really not sure how I would've known what the heck to put into that field.  So what I have in there now is also correct?

Thanks for the help!  I'm almost to the point now where I can actually start to try and configure Foobar, but this was the main thing I needed to see if it worked first........CT

Reply #293
You need to change the output bitdepth to 16 from the default Auto, or you'll end up with 24 bit files. Wise people will tell you to enable dither for improved accuracy in downsampling. I am hesitating to do that myself until dither is improved not to touch digital silence.

What derty had you enter in the naming box just affects how your target files will be named. Defaults would have worked too. He was just trying to help you to avoid identical names if you converted into the same folder. Perhaps it looks confusing at first but you don't need to touch those settings unless you want to change how the converted files get their names.
You can safely experiment with various options and see what suits your needs best.

Reply #294
Thanks case.  Yeah, took me 1 time to realize that I had to change it from auto to 16.  The dither part has me a little stooped though.  I did it without and it seems to be fine while I listened to it back, but before I start changing everything and then deleteing the 24's I just want to make sure about the dither part.  Thanks.

Reply #295
Version 0.8.2: "speed up small-factor downsampling; e.g. ~15% improvement for 48k->44100"

Reply #296
Not sure if I'm supposed to start a new topic on this, or if everything related to the resampler goes here.  I just noticed that everything I've been resampling, when finished they're all ending up with Aretha Franklin's Who's Zoomin Who artwork!  Not even sure how long ago I downloaded that album, but it was a while ago, lol.  Thanks for some help.

Reply #297
Not sure if I'm supposed to start a new topic on this, or if everything related to the resampler goes here.

Actually your question is not related to this plugin. (And your previous question wasn't related, too).

Reply #298
Please for explanation about the Passband value and which value produces most accurate resampling, 95%, 99%, or something between them?

Reply #299
Ok, thanks anyways.  The resampler does it's job well, I like it.