Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: recreate vbr tag without transcoding? (Read 3572 times) previous topic - next topic

recreate vbr tag without transcoding?

I have a whole bunch of mp3s that were encoded with some lame frontend - the problem is that fronted somehow broke the VBR tag of the mp3 file so my players do not display the correct track length.

Is there a utility that can rebuild the VBR tag without transcoding the mp3?

Reply #1
Try Right-Clicking on the files in foobar and choosing "Fix MP3 Header"...

nazgulord.

Reply #2
I forgot to add... no Windows (running Linux) heh. I guess I have to find a Windows PC huh?

Reply #4
WINE?

Reply #6
I have a whole bunch of mp3s that were encoded with some lame frontend - the problem is that fronted somehow broke the VBR tag of the mp3 file so my players do not display the correct track length.

Is there a utility that can rebuild the VBR tag without transcoding the mp3?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=349103"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

mp3Trim (/mpTrim) does a GREAT job, fixing the VBR header! Even in batch if you buy the program! 
Can't wait for a HD-AAC encoder :P