Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: MP3 auto tag software? rip and tag (Read 2187 times) previous topic - next topic

MP3 auto tag software? rip and tag

I have a bunch of cds that I have made about 5 yrs ago with various artists. These cds are for car so no labels on music. I can to re-convert to mp3. What is the best software to rip and correctly name the MP3 files?

Is there software that "listens" to the music? (Like Sound Hound for iPhone)

Thank you,
Steve

MP3 auto tag software? rip and tag

Reply #1
I don't know, but I'm pretty sure you'll need to manually validate and correct the tags anyway.  So, an automatic tagger isn't going to save that much time. 

If you use EAC for ripping, you can type-in the artist & title names and the file name and tags can be written from that information.  (With varous artists, it can be a little tricky.)

Then once you have the files tagged with the correct artist & title, you might want to use an automatic tool for retreiving the artwork, since I assume you don't have the original CDs to scan.