Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: External Tags (Read 83062 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: External Tags

Reply #425
I've spent hours going through this entire thread and still can't get artwork to display on internet streams. I'm not getting any errors either, so I have no way of knowing why. Using Foobar v2.1 x64 and External Tags 1.5.14, SQL db only.

Wolverine--  I haven't read through all of the above, but want to share what's worked for me, for some years now.  It's the below script in the "Album art" "Search patterns" box.  The fourth line begins the script that is specific to radio streams.  Perhaps you can parse it: It specifies a folder where my "RadioImages" are stored, and so long as the individual images are named with exactly 11 characters (maximum) that correspond exactly to the name of the stream that you give with External Tags, the art will be loaded when you play the stream.  The fifth line specifies a default image, if you have not designated one specific to a stream.

Works well for me.  N.

front.jpg
%filename%.jpg
%album%.jpg
$if($strstr(%path%,'://'),C:\ProgramData\Foobar\RadioImages\$trim($cut(%title%,11)).jpg)
$ifequal($strcmp($left(%path%,5),http:),1,C:\ProgramData\Foobar\RadioImages\radio.jpg,)
folder.jpg

Mod edit: fix quote tags

Reply #426
A little update after running a commit with fb2k 2.1.1. It is hard to pinpoint which issue is due to the component and which is due to fb2k.
External tags version 1.5.14+.

* There are still leftovers where the external tags are not committed. Maybe not that many?
* Resolved: There used to be "leftovers" where the tags were committed, but fb2k didn't notice it: that is, run a reload from tags, and the number of leftovers would be reduced. I found nothing such by now.

* But: fb2k doesn't detect the tag type at all. If I want that information I have to reload info from tags on the entire selection afterwards.
(I could of course exclude FLAC, where that info is never shown.)

Reply #427
For the leftovers, is there anything written to the console? I added more error logging for that version.

Apart from external tag commit losing tag type field, it has bugged me that the component loses creation date in both external tag creation and commit without info reload. When I have more time to dig into this I want to get these shortcomings fixed.

Reply #428
Doesn't look like anything was written - apart from the two files that were read-only, which is a completely different issue, but which shows that at least the logging was in place.

I also tried to reproduce it now, with some 7500 mp3 files. That should be more than enough to trigger it, but it didn't - so here is a conjecture: issue shows up when it is taking too long on a file due to full rewrite.

But the leftovers aren't a big thing to someone who either uses external tags "on all or on none". I could easily search for %__tagtype% HAS xt or not, and force re-read or another commit.
Bigger is to have to do a re-read on the entire collection. (Which in my situation happens upon yearly maintenance ... and upon testing.)

Reply #429
foo_external_tags saved me days' work again (scenario like below) - thank you!

Vague "request" for a recovery feature, let me explain it in terms of a folder.tags file:
* File includes a list of filenames and their respective tags.
* If I have to recover tags, then filenames may have changed.
So: function "try to match files (in the same folder) by track number" and maybe even easier: "try to match files (in the same folder) by file names in ascending order" - the latter would save it if files are untagged but named Artist Year Album 01 blah blah.flac etc.

This also is relevant when a renaming goes wrong, cf. other comments in this thread.

Of course, since you are also developing foo_audiomd5, then one could match by that tag too. At least in the same folder, then in most cases there should be no dupes. Although there are exceptions where an artist has put the same track as intro and outro, for example.

Need help which right now hopefully can save a couple of days' labour, if the following works - but I'm asking before firing up fb2k again.

* Hard drive crash [well maybe, I have not yet taken the chance of firing it up again] at the end of a major tag clean-up. Might have found some bad sector, or might have shut down as a safety precaution over running too hot.

foo_external_tags is installed.

Can I get these tags transferred to a backup drive (well the now-in-the-works copy of the backup drive) as follows
* Without connecting any drive, ask foo_external_tags to create (SQL) tags for everything, and then
* Connect a backup drive which has - with a couple of renamed exceptions that I will find - the same files (after making sure it identifies at the same drive letter), and
* Then have these updated tags from current database in foo_external_tags' SQL database, ready to commit
?

I probably need to disable fb2k's library rescanning at startup, and I probably need to do that before I fire it up?

Reply #430
A little update after running a commit with fb2k 2.1.1. It is hard to pinpoint which issue is due to the component and which is due to fb2k.
External tags version 1.5.14+

Tried with a library that does not monitor for changes, and nearly everything is fine. (New fb2k version 2.1.2, fresh portable install, same external tags version).
* All commits are actually committed
* Only that appear as leftovers and need to be refreshed: Matroska with chapters, track numbers 2 ff.

No urgent need for bugfixes, just thought I'd test and report.

Reply #431
Hello, I seem to have something about web streams as well... is it possible for foobar2k to display images from a URL hosted on the internet without downloading? if it does how do you go about attaching image urls to a web stream? If you did notice foobar supports album art from web streams which send them through the stream and it doesn't download the radio station's album art and displays it on the cover art panel just fine.

Reply #432
is it possible for foobar2k to display images from a URL hosted on the internet without downloading?

Erm....

If you did notice foobar supports album art from web streams which send them through the stream and it doesn't download the radio station's album art and displays it on the cover art panel just fine.

I have no idea what you're asking with regards to external tags/attaching but I will say images displayed in album art panels do come from a url. The SDK provides an API to grab the image in memory and the url as a string. I use it in JSP3 and http/https image urls are displayed as tooltips when listening to stream like this one...

http://stream-uk1.radioparadise.com/aac-320

See attachment...

Reply #433

I have no idea what you're asking with regards to external tags/attaching but I will say images displayed in album art panels do come from a url. The SDK provides an API to grab the image in memory and the url as a string. I use it in JSP3 and http/https image urls are displayed as tooltips when listening to stream like this one...

http://stream-uk1.radioparadise.com/aac-320

See attachment...

My bad, I got it confused it with following tutorials for tagging web streams with images so I assumed it's something which you need m-TAGS or External Tags to deal with... Thanks for linking however.