Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Upcoming foobar v1.4 - can I still use "Close minimizes to taskbar"? (Read 1862 times) previous topic - next topic

Upcoming foobar v1.4 - can I still use "Close minimizes to taskbar"?

Upcoming foobar v1.4 - can I still use "Close minimizes to taskbar"?

Looks like I can minimize to tray icon only or shut it down.

Re: Upcoming foobar v1.4 - can I still use "Close minimizes to taskbar"?

Reply #1
If you are using the Default UI, open Preferences, navigate to Display -> Default User Interface -> Background and Notifications. Change the top option to the default, close exits foobar2000, and minimize will revert to its default behavior of minimizing to the taskbar.

Reply #2
Well, this is not behavior i expected. I just tried 1.4 beta 8 and i can not reproduce old behavior, so i'll stick with 1.3.17 version for now.

Reply #3
There never has been a "close minimizes" feature in the Default UI. Perhaps you are using foo_ui_hacks?

Reply #4
Advanced > Display > Default User Interface > Close minimizes

Reply #5
Ah, I should shut up before giving tech support. Especially when I'm not using a Windows desktop as my primary OS most of the time. And now I don't even have a development environment up to date since redoing my Windows machine. I've only got a backup snapshot of that development VM from last November, although all of my source code lives in Git repositories.

Reply #6
Well, i am myself should say things more correctly, too.
Minimize to taskbar and minimize to tray icon. Two different things.
With upcoming 1.4 we have planty options for closing and minimizing to tray icon. for buttons 1 and 3 (red cross)
But for taskbar we have only choose 1st button