Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: CUETools versions 1.9.5 through 2.1.6 (Read 1894006 times) previous topic - next topic

CUETools versions 1.9.5 through 2.1.5 (current)

Reply #2250
Just tested XP and XP64. Overwrite Popup appears on both (same as you report [a href='index.php?act=findpost&pid=833176']here[/a] for Win8). Personally, I don't like the idea of CUETools permanently overwriting files. The temporary (per-run) setting is fine.

I always create a unique log file so I can compare results.

%filename%[' ('%unique%')'].accurip
korth

Reply #2251
CUERIPPER

Can i read / rip to AIFF ?
How ?

I would like to rip to AIFF as WAV to my knowledge doesn't keep the tags and AIFF can be read by iTunes, too.

Many thanks

Reply #2252
ripping to AIFF is daft when it already supports apple lossless.

Reply #2255
It's already in, and change log is here: http://www.cuetools.net/wiki/CUETools_Changelog

08.05.2013: CUETools 2.1.5:
CUETools: added support for CDTOC tag to help determine pre-gap and data track info
CUETools: added button for easier access to encoder settings
CUETools: support for non-subset FLAC modes disabled by default
CUETools: built-in managed encoders (libFlake, libALAC, etc) renamed to 'cuetools' for simplicity
CUETools: CUETools FLAC decoder optimized; verification now works around 50% faster when not limited by I/O
CUETools: to simplify the interface, removed lossyWAV support; encoder was outdated anyway
CUETools: added support for WMA lossless as input and both WMA lossless and lossy as output
CUETools: cleaned up encoder/decoder pages in advanced settings
CUETools: treat batch jobs with only 1 album as non-batch, i.e. allow interactive UI, such as repair dialog
CUETools: use TRACKTOTAL, DISCTOTAL, ALBUMARTIST tags instead of old style fb2k TOTALTRACKS, TOTALDISCS, ALBUM ARTIST
CUERipper: right-click on the album art shows an enlarged fragment of it
CUERipper: clicking through all available cover art selects 'no cover art'
CUERipper: hovering over album art shows album art URL
CUERipper: track quality is correctly reported in EAC-style log
CUERipper: Test & Copy now works for drives that fail gap-detection
CUERipper: remember chosen format & offset between restarts
CUERipper: track comments saved to cue sheet
CUETools.Converter: added support for encoding to lossy formats
CUETools.Converter: added support multi-channel audio
CUETools.Converter: added support for stdin/stdout
CUETools.Converter: added support for different compression levels
ArCueDotNet.exe: added CTDB support

I love you  .

Reply #2256
It's possible to activate V/A button without compilation CD ?
BIG tnx.

Reply #2257
V/A button (freeDB only)
You can edit track artist, track title and track comment (comment now working in 2.1.5) from the Tracks window.
korth

Reply #2258
It's already in, and change log is here: http://www.cuetools.net/wiki/CUETools_Changelog

Thanks, scanning now. Looks like it will take 10+ day!
A lot of submissions so far!

Feature request: Could discs that are bad be listed in RED

Also, I have had a few "database access error. The operation has timed out", if I rescan, will these be counted as recently scanned, an thus skipped, or since the operation failed will they be scanned the next time.

Reply #2259

08.05.2013: CUETools 2.1.5:

I just ripped a CD with CUERipper 2.1.5 and used a disc comment (under "Meta") and track comments for tracks 1 and 2.

The disc comment appears in the cue sheet, the two track comments do not.

Also, when looking with Mp3tag at the tags of the generated FLAC files, the field "comment" contains the disc comment for each track. Perhaps these should be substituted by the track comments, too, if there are any.

Best,
Christian

Reply #2260

I think that was an error in the changelog and should read 'tags'. In [a href='index.php?act=findpost&pid=832645']this post[/a] Grigory was against putting track comments in the CUE.

Also, when looking with Mp3tag at the tags of the generated FLAC files, the field "comment" contains the disc comment for each track. Perhaps these should be substituted by the track comments, too, if there are any.

Could Mp3tag be substituting the disc comment for the track comment? I tested this the same way (in 'tracks' mode) and in Foobar2k the track comment field does show the comment I added for track 1 & 2 and the disc comment only shows for tracks where a track comment wasn't added.

In 'image' mode, additional tags are written to the image in the form 'CUE_TRACKnn_COMMENT' where nn is the track number. Again the track comments I added were in CUE_TRACK01_COMMENT & CUE_TRACK02_COMMENT and the remaining CUE_TRACKnn_COMMENT fields had the disc comment.
korth

Reply #2261
Thanks for your answer!

I think that was an error in the changelog and should read 'tags'. In [a href='index.php?act=findpost&pid=832645']this post[/a] Grigory was against putting track comments in the CUE.

Agreed, tags seem to be more appropriate than adding this kind of info to the CUE sheet.

Could Mp3tag be substituting the disc comment for the track comment? I tested this the same way (in 'tracks' mode) and in Foobar2k the track comment field does show the comment I added for track 1 & 2 and the disc comment only shows for tracks where a track comment wasn't added.

In 'image' mode, additional tags are written to the image in the form 'CUE_TRACKnn_COMMENT' where nn is the track number. Again the track comments I added were in CUE_TRACK01_COMMENT & CUE_TRACK02_COMMENT and the remaining CUE_TRACKnn_COMMENT fields had the disc comment.

Just tested this with foobar2k and you are completely right! So things are exactly the way they should be, and this must be an Mp3tag issue.

Thanks again!

Reply #2262
I just wanted to add that I can't confirm this. I testripped a disc with CUERipper 2.1.5 as seperate tracks, adding track comments for only track 1 and 2 as well as a general disc comment.
The track comments show as COMMENT in Mp3tag and foobar2000 for tracks 1 and 2 respectively, and the disc comment shows as COMMENT in Mp3tag and foobar2000 for all the other tracks.
Tried this with all included encoders except FLACCL. So if this is the intended behaviour, Mp3tag (v2.55a) works perfectly fine here. Image tags also work as described by korth.

Reply #2263
Gregory, while you're preparing the next version I'd like to remind you of my previous bug reports, listed in order of how much trouble they caused me:
  • user-edited metadata doesn't get saved when CueRipper reloads but only when you rip. So if CueRipper thinks you're periodically ejecting and reinserting the disc (presumably this is due to extraneous events sent by the OS) then it can be impossible to get your metadata entered before ripping.
  • %genre% doesn't get expanded in the CueRipper filename template.
  • Submitting corrected metadata to FreeDB doesn't work since CueRipper doesn't increment the revision number.
BTW thanks again for what you've done- this really is a great tool and it's neat to see it continue to improve.

Reply #2264
How do I get CueTools to operate in verify mode and skip recently verified tracks?

I have ticked
-use CTDB
-use Local DB
-skip recently verified

Reply #2265
4 issues in one post, here:

1. For many discs, the CTDB metadata plugin for EAC provides more matches than CUERipper does. For example, one disc I'm testing with right now:
CUERipper yields 2 MusicBrainz results, plus 1 Amazon cover image.
EAC CTDB metadata provider yields 2 MusicBrainz results, 3 Discogs results, 1 freedb result, plus 1 Amazon cover image, 3 Discogs cover images
Is this a bug in CUERipper? I'd really like to get the additional results from Discogs. Let me know if you need more info.

2. I noticed CUERipper doesn't write an EAC-style .log if the Abort button is pressed. Since CUETools can't verify an incomplete rip, I have no way to judge the quality of the tracks that were extracted before I pressed the button. I needed to press the button because I have a badly scratched track that was going to take hours to rip and possibly never complete, even in burst mode (even EAC's true 1-pass burst mode gets stuck). So it would be nice if I could at least get a .log for the aborted rip. EAC supports this.

Example A - end of EAC log for an aborted image rip:
Code: [Select]
Range status and errors

Selected range

Filename I:\incoming music\_new rips\Madonna - Remixed Prayers (Mini Album).wav

Copy aborted

End of status report

Example B - end of EAC log for an aborted tracks rip (aborted during rip of 1st track):
Track  1

Filename I:\incoming music\_new rips\Madonna - Remixed Prayers (Mini Album)\[01] Madonna - Like a Prayer (12-inch dance mix).wav

Copy aborted

Track  2

Copy aborted

Track  3

Copy aborted

Track  4

Copy aborted

Track  5

Copy aborted

Track  6

Copy aborted

Track  7

Copy aborted

Track  8

Copy aborted

No tracks could be verified as accurate

There were errors

End of status report

Example C - end of EAC log for an aborted tracks rip (track 7 skipped, track 8 aborted):
Track  1

Filename I:\incoming music\_new rips\Madonna - Remixed Prayers (Mini Album)\[01] Madonna - Like a Prayer (12-inch dance mix).wav

Timing problem 0:00:07
    Timing problem 0:00:16

Peak level 90.9 %
    Extraction speed 12.2 X
    Copy CRC BB31951A
    Accurately ripped (confidence 14)  [50F15151]  (AR v1)
    Copy finished

Track  2

Filename I:\incoming music\_new rips\Madonna - Remixed Prayers (Mini Album)\[02] Madonna - Like a Prayer (12-inch extended remix).wav

Timing problem 0:00:33
    Timing problem 0:01:46

Peak level 96.3 %
    Extraction speed 15.2 X
    Copy CRC D203844B
    Accurately ripped (confidence 14)  [DBF49FBB]  (AR v1)
    Copy finished

Track  3

Filename I:\incoming music\_new rips\Madonna - Remixed Prayers (Mini Album)\[03] Madonna - Like a Prayer (Churchapella).wav

Peak level 62.4 %
    Extraction speed 18.1 X
    Copy CRC 0741A559
    Accurately ripped (confidence 13)  [340411CD]  (AR v1)
    Copy OK

Track  4

Filename I:\incoming music\_new rips\Madonna - Remixed Prayers (Mini Album)\[04] Madonna - Like a Prayer (12-inch club version).wav

Peak level 100.0 %
    Extraction speed 19.7 X
    Copy CRC 1D21FAAA
    Accurately ripped (confidence 13)  [61E7D9EB]  (AR v1)
    Copy OK

Track  5

Filename I:\incoming music\_new rips\Madonna - Remixed Prayers (Mini Album)\[05] Madonna - Like a Prayer (7-inch remix edit).wav

Peak level 96.7 %
    Extraction speed 21.2 X
    Copy CRC B18669FC
    Cannot be verified as accurate (confidence 13)  [A5AD40F0], AccurateRip returned [56F7AECF]  (AR v2)
    Copy OK

Track  6

Filename I:\incoming music\_new rips\Madonna - Remixed Prayers (Mini Album)\[06] Madonna - Express Yourself (Non-Stop Express mix).wav

Timing problem 0:04:59

Peak level 100.0 %
    Extraction speed 7.8 X
    Copy CRC 784D751D
    Cannot be verified as accurate (confidence 11)  [582FA4C6], AccurateRip returned [EF68639A]  (AR v2)
    Copy finished

Track  7

Filename I:\incoming music\_new rips\Madonna - Remixed Prayers (Mini Album)\[07] Madonna - Express Yourself (Stop & Go dubs).wav

Copy aborted

Track  8

Filename I:\incoming music\_new rips\Madonna - Remixed Prayers (Mini Album)\[08] Madonna - Express Yourself (Local mix).wav

Timing problem 0:00:00

Copy aborted

4 track(s) accurately ripped
 2 track(s) could not be verified as accurate
 2 track(s) canceled

Some tracks could not be verified as accurate

There were errors

End of status report

3. The wiki says "Burst mode = Reads once, If drive reports C2 errors then Error Correcting begins and up to 15 more read retries are done." My .log says "Make use of C2 pointers : No". Yet, when I rip in burst mode, up to 15 retries happen. Is the log wrong, or should the wiki say, like it does for the other modes, "If results differ or the drive reports C2 errors..."? (I also wasn't really expecting there to be no option for traditional, 1-pass burst mode.)

4. My drive can provide C2 pointers, but CUERipper doesn't use them. So I'm still wondering how CUERipper makes this decision of whether to use them.

Reply #2266
1. Sounds like the Metadata search in the EAC plugin is set to 'Extensive' and in CUERipper is set to 'Default'.

3. "Make use of C2 pointers : No" is 'fixed text' in the EAC-style log template. It doesn't change. Remember CUERipper isn't EAC. Some parts of the EAC-style log aren't collected and stored within CUERipper. Another example is "Adapter: 1  ID: 0".

I'll leave 2. , 4. and the rest of 3. for Grigory.
korth

Reply #2267
How do I get CueTools to operate in verify mode and skip recently verified tracks?

Did you mean discs? CUETools can only verify complete discs.
korth

Reply #2269
Do setting changes stick? (remembered on restart of CUETools)
The settings and local database are located in %appdata%/CUE tools/
If setting changes don't stick, your Windows configuration may be preventing CUETools from writing to this location.
korth

Reply #2270
If I use the database sort area I can see that many tracks are in the local DB.

However, I recently let the CT run for 3-5 days trying to verify my library. It got to the Js, but I had to restart the computer. Now it wants to start all over... And no, for what ever reason all of those discs don't seem to be showing up in the local DB.

Reply #2271
1. Sounds like the Metadata search in the EAC plugin is set to 'Extensive' and in CUERipper is set to 'Default'.

Ah, you're right. I don't know how I missed that. I stared at the options multiple times, even. Thanks.

And it sounds like CUERipper is using C2 pointers with my drive, and the log is just wrong. I don't like that there is boilerplate text that misrepresents settings.

So I guess I just have feature requests:
  • if C2 pointers were used, put 'yes' in .log
  • write .log for aborted rip
  • allow 1-pass burst mode as an option even if drive can provide C2 pointers

Reply #2272
However, I recently let the CT run for 3-5 days trying to verify my library. It got to the Js, but I had to restart the computer. Now it wants to start all over... And no, for what ever reason all of those discs don't seem to be showing up in the local DB.

It appears CUETools stores the data in memory and writes a temporary file at the end of the batch run when updating the localDB. If the run didn't finish due to some sort crash this data didn't get updated to the localDB. I'd suggest making smaller batch runs.
korth

Reply #2273
Perhaps someone can verify this. I get a reproducible complete crash of CUERipper 2.1.5 just by inserting (not even ripping) certain CDs, which is most probably due to their copy protection. One example is the German sampler "Partyservice 3" (EAN 731458353522):

Beschreibung:
  Stopped working

Problemsignatur:
  Problemereignisname:    CLR20r3
  Problemsignatur 01:    cueripper.exe
  Problemsignatur 02:    1.9.0.0
  Problemsignatur 03:    518b0a73
  Problemsignatur 04:    CUETools.Codecs
  Problemsignatur 05:    2.1.5.0
  Problemsignatur 06:    518afb0a
  Problemsignatur 07:    164
  Problemsignatur 08:    21
  Problemsignatur 09:    System.ArgumentException
  Betriebsystemversion:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
  Gebietsschema-ID:    1031

Lesen Sie unsere Datenschutzbestimmungen online:
  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0407

Wenn die Onlinedatenschutzbestimmungen nicht verfügbar sind, lesen Sie unsere Datenschutzbestimmungen offline:
  C:\Windows\system32\de-DE\erofflps.txt

Copy protected discs are so annoying ...

Reply #2274
And it sounds like CUERipper is using C2 pointers with my drive, and the log is just wrong. I don't like that there is boilerplate text that misrepresents settings.

Setting C2 to yes is not desirable in an EAC style log. Did you try setting "EAC style log" to false in the options?
Glass half full!