Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Audacity 1.1.2 for Windows (update) (Read 4044 times) previous topic - next topic

Audacity 1.1.2 for Windows (update)

The last beta of Audacity came with an unintended "undocumented feature"; selecting anything from a track pop-up menu would immediately crash the program. Handy, huh? Anyway, yesterday saw the release of 1.1.2 as a bugfix. Not terribly newsworthy, save that anyone currently using 1.1.0 or 1.1.1 is strongly advised to upgrade.

Again, according to the Audacity website:

This only affects the pop-up menu in the track's label - all other menus function correctly - and this only affects the Microsoft Windows version of Audacity 1.1.1.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled squabbling over whether APE tags on MP3 files are more of a "hack" than gapless support... 

- M.

Reply #1
Using 1.1.1 in WinMe, with Roxio GoBack, it seemed to create gigabytes of temp files when I load a 70 mb file.  It had to be ctrl-alt-del terminated.  Then the GoBack restore area was overcrammed so I had to uninstall and reinstall that.  & I did this twice!  Thinking that this was the bug this fix release targeted, I repeated the ordeal.  Only four hours down the drain.

Reply #2
Hi ckjnigel. Sorry to hear about your frustrated efforts... would you consider filing a bug report with the developers and explaining the problem?

- M.

Edit: Seems I can't spell, tonight... so I'm "furstrated" indeed!