Skip to main content
Topic: Why am I banned? (Read 364 times) previous topic - next topic

Why am I banned?

I can't get on the site from any PC (Win 10 and Win 7) whether my VPN is on or off. True on Firefox, Chrome & Edge. I can get on via my android phone wirelessly using same router as my hardwired PCs.  I get the "Sorry, guest, you have been banned...not set to expire." error message on PCs. Been a member in good standing since 2006. Why?

Re: Why am I banned?

Reply #1
Well, your IP isn't banned, so it must be something else. Try clearing your HA cookies in the browsers and then logging in again.

Reply #2
I always browse in private mode so no cookies. And same thing happens on other browsers not in private mode. Thanks for answering.

Reply #3
PM me the IP address you are browsing from at home? Also the time you are attempting to browse.

E: Disregard that, it's logged.

E2: I see several accesses preceding that which were banned for using privacy VPN services or VPS hosted servers that had a default hostname for their provider, which is in the banned hostnames list. One of them being unknown.puregig.net.

Reply #4
PM me the IP address you are browsing from at home? Also the time you are attempting to browse.

E2: I see several accesses preceding that which were banned for using privacy VPN services or VPS hosted servers that had a default hostname for their provider, which is in the banned hostnames list. One of them being unknown.puregig.net.

Why would I be banned for life for using a VPN? Is that so uncommon? How do I get un-banned?

Reply #5

Why would I be banned for life for using a VPN? Is that so uncommon? How do I get un-banned?

Usually because a persistent spammer is using the same VPN service to hide their true IP.

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2018