Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: sansa clip+ skips on silent AAC tracks (Read 3249 times) previous topic - next topic

sansa clip+ skips on silent AAC tracks

So when i was encoding a album to my rockboxed clip+ it won't play the first track with silence it just skips to the second track.

Reply #1
Post a link to the file.

Reply #2
Post a link to the file.
http://www.hydrogenaud.io/forums/index.php?showtopic=109979

here the link & it happens on any encoder so i added a flac in case you need test that part as well.

Also i just found out that if i put it at 8kbps CBR AAC+ using the FHG encoder it plays fine, it seems that the problem is that it can't handle AAC files at 2kbps which is what i goes to when i use VBR. I tried setting it at 16k AAC-LC using FHG it plays but it lasts for 20+ seconds instead of 13 seconds.

Reply #3
Looking at that file, the MP4 parser we use can't find any streams, so nothing is ever passed to the AAC decoder.  I'm not sure what the issue is with that file, I don't know enough about MP4 containers to really understand where its going wrong.

Reply #4
Looking at that file, the MP4 parser we use can't find any streams, so nothing is ever passed to the AAC decoder.  I'm not sure what the issue is with that file, I don't know enough about MP4 containers to really understand where its going wrong.
Thanks for the help.