Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Add subwoofer to Edifier R19u (Read 3058 times) previous topic - next topic

Add subwoofer to Edifier R19u

Hi,
Among the PC speakers I´ve owned: Audioengine A2, Edifier R1100, Edifier M3400, and Edifier R19u, the last (and cheaper $30 !) one is my favorite, today at least, because they seem more "clear" to me, despite the almost total lack of bass.  So, my question is if there is any way to add a (powered) subwoofer to it.
(The speakers are connected to my notebook using just the usb cable)
https://edifier-online.com/us/en/support/products/edifier-r19u-2017#faq
Thanks in adavance !

Re: Add subwoofer to Edifier R19u

Reply #1
I suppose you can:

use the 3.5mm aux output of your laptop,
connect it to a volume knob,
then connect it to the line-in of a sub,
then use the line out of the sub to connect it to the 3.5mm aux input of the speakers.

Reply #2
Thanks for your answer, Mark7 !
But, can´t I connect the aux out of the note directly to the line input of the sub ?

Reply #3
Edifier R19u, the last (and cheaper $30 !) one is my favorite, today at least, because they seem more "clear" to me, despite the almost total lack of bass.  So, my question is if there is any way to add a (powered) subwoofer to it.
(The speakers are connected to my notebook using just the usb cable)
The picture of that USB speaker appears to show a headphone (out) jack by the volume control. Presumable full ranged, so simply connect your powered sub to that jack.
Loudspeaker manufacturer

Reply #4
Thank you, ajinfla !
In fact, the p2 jack is an input.  When plugged, it disables the usb input (but not the usb power).

Reply #5
Sorry, I'm blind, looks like a power led. My bad.
Loudspeaker manufacturer

Reply #6
It is a headphone jack, but wouldn't that just mute the speakers?

Reply #7
Most likely yes. Unsure of a Windows (?} setting to simultaneously output via usb and jack on computer.
Loudspeaker manufacturer

Reply #8
https://www.edifier.com/product-r19u.html#others says AUX or USB input.
So using the AUX of your PC you might use a splitter to drive both a sub and the r19u.

You might also try USB to R19u and aux to sub: https://windowsreport.com/play-sound-2-devices-windows-10/

If possible simply put both speakers close to a wall for some acoustical bass boost.
TheWellTemperedComputer.com

Reply #9
It is a headphone jack, but wouldn't that just mute the speakers?
There´s two p2 jacks: On the back, it´s an input.  On the front, it´s for headphones (and mutes the speakers)

Reply #10
Most likely yes. Unsure of a Windows (?} setting to simultaneously output via usb and jack on computer.
As long as I remember, it´s a hardware thing (anyway, I´m not sure I´ve understood your point...)