Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foobar2000 DeskBand Controls (Read 429849 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foobar2000 DeskBand Controls

Reply #425
When I double-click the mouse on the text track\picture album, then foobar appears inactive window (behind other windows). How can I fix it? To foobar was the front.
Windows 10
This is OS restriction and can not be fixed, sorry.

Hi. I downloaded Deskband Controls on Windows XP SP3, installed it and it worked fine. But, when I restarted the computer, it was no longer working. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling it again, but it didn't work. Thanks for the help.
Make sure that Deskband Controls is selected in Toolbars menu (right-click on taskbar menu). If yes, try to delete config.js from %AppData%\DeskbandControls, than uncheck toolbar item and check back again. I have not encountered this issue myself and it is not reproducible on clean WindowsXP SP3 install, so it must be something in your system. Sorry if this doesn't help.

Reply #426
Make sure that Deskband Controls is selected in Toolbars menu (right-click on taskbar menu). If yes, try to delete config.js from %AppData%\DeskbandControls, than uncheck toolbar item and check back again. I have not encountered this issue myself and it is not reproducible on clean WindowsXP SP3 install, so it must be something in your system. Sorry if this doesn't help.
Thanks for help. Yes, it ended up being a system problem. For some reason anything related to playing media was working (Windows Media Player for taskbar wasn't working, for example) so I restarted explorer.exe
But I have another problem: Album Art of the song that is playing won't show, just the Stub Image. Thanks :p

Reply #427
Thanks for help. Yes, it ended up being a system problem. For some reason anything related to playing media was working (Windows Media Player for taskbar wasn't working, for example) so I restarted explorer.exe
But I have another problem: Album Art of the song that is playing won't show, just the Stub Image. Thanks :p

Forget that. Sorry. The thing is that it will display the Front Cover, but most of my songs don't have one. Instead, they have an "icon" art ( http://prntscr.com/b8ef99 ).

Reply #428
Hi

Just signed on to the Forum to tell you I love this plugin It achieves in one excellent utility what I used to bodge with prettypop and foo_title - but better!

Also +1 to the following, it would make things just perfect...
Two feature requests:
1. Optional tooltip with the name of the song when hovering the deskband.

Thanks.

Reply #429
Hello,

I'm using this deskband together with Networx (network monitor), however I would like foobar Deskband to sit on the left and Networx on the right. Is it possible to change the relative position of two deskbands? Alternatively, would it be possible to automatically adapt the band width to the text displayed? I just want to avoid having a big gap between these two toolbars.

Thanks.

Reply #430
Hello, thanks for this one of a kind tool.
So I reinstalled it after getting some .NET error when trying to access settings. Now the tool doesn't work properly:
http://imgur.com/W1QsrIb
Clicking doesn't do anything. Win10 Anniversary. Worked fine after the anniversary update (installed prior) but perhaps the update is now preventing installing the tool somehow.
Thanks.

Reply #431
Mystery solved - the plugin didn't work because this time I installed foobar in C:\, which is restricted in some ways

Reply #432
Any clue when the new update will be available?

Reply #433
I have another problem and it looks like it's very wierd.
I do a clean install latest Windows 10 x64 build 14926.
I registered Deskband as I do always after clean install and this time I can't enable this addon. I see it in toolbar menu but nothing happens when I try to enable it.
Is there any person with this problem or someone has this problem and know the solution? :)

Reply #434
Any clue when the new update will be available?
Probably near end of this year. Got no time at all, sorry. Maybe DC will go open source near the same time...

Reply #435
Is there any person with this problem or someone has this problem and know the solution? :)

Hello adamo000.
I've got the exact same problem, my last windows 10 update broke Deskband Controls. I hope this will be fixed one day.

Reply #436
I'm waiting with updating with Windows 10 because DeskBand Controls will not work at all. Foobar2000 & DeskBand Controls > Windows 10 and all it's new features ;)

Reply #437
I have another problem and it looks like it's very wierd.
I do a clean install latest Windows 10 x64 build 14926.
I registered Deskband as I do always after clean install and this time I can't enable this addon. I see it in toolbar menu but nothing happens when I try to enable it.

Hi there. I've installed win10 on virtual machine, updated it with the latest patches and what I got was build 14393.351.
The same states this page: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12387/windows-10-update-history

I've installed foobar2000 and DeskbandControls and everything is working fine.

Maybe you are using unstable builds of Windows 10 from insider program? It that case I can not help.

Reply #438
Yes, I'm member of Windows Insider Program. When new update rolls out, I'm always downloading it, install and try to run newest foobar and DeskBand. Always the same. DeskBand shows in toolbar menu but it can't be enabled.

So we have to wait for Creators Update, arriving Spring 2017..

As I wrote before, the only one reason why I'm still on build 14393 is DeskBand which is working very well:)

Reply #439
adamo000: they have announced some "people bar" in taskbar, so I am afraid that they can break it for good. We'll see..

Reply #440
Damn.. I hope they don't. What we can do if toolbar will gone?

Reply #441
Hello, thank you for making this plugin, it's exactly what I was looking for, the controls works fine, but I can't access Settings, I receive this error whenever I try to do so:

http://pastebin.com/RG0J4fMG

Reply #442
Hello, thank you for making this plugin, it's exactly what I was looking for, the controls works fine, but I can't access Settings, I receive this error whenever I try to do so:

Hi Gabrol.
Please follow instructions from this post.

Reply #443
Damn.. I hope they don't. What we can do if toolbar will gone?
Let's hope they don't, but I will find the solution in any case. Even if they remove taskbar integration from windows we would be able to run deskband as floating window or standalone program.

Reply #444

Hi Gabrol.
Please follow instructions from this post.
thanks, Unblocking it worked
the first time I checked the .zip properties there was no "Unblock", maybe because it was in the Temp folder (I chose "open" instead of "download")
the plugin is very customizable! thank you again :)

Reply #445
Let's hope they don't, but I will find the solution in any case. Even if they remove taskbar integration from windows we would be able to run deskband as floating window or standalone program.

In the newest build 14971.1000.161111 DeskBand still does not work. Nice to read, that you will not suspend your work with this greatest plugin for fb2k :)

Reply #446
Hello guys.

I've updated my VM to insider build and, as expected, deskband stops working. I have researched a problem a little bit, and it looks like they broke all third-party deskband apps. I suggest everyone who wants to be able to run deskband in future windows versions to upvote this issue in their Feedback Hub App. Search for terms like 'toolbar', 'deskband', 'custom toolbar', etc.

P.S. I've found how to fix this, so to speak - delete HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{668863E6-D688-4115-8F23-BB7F37621A74} key in the registry. You will have to take ownership and give yourself full access.
For those wondering what the hell it is - looks like unfinished people band...

Reply #447
Damn... It is really works! Now I can update my Windows 10 to latest insider version!
Thank you very much!

Reply #448
Hi everybody! :)

May I present Deskband Controls v. 3.0.0

It contains many changes, bugfixes, some features and new bugs  ;)
Please take a look.

Changelog:
February 22 2017
  * Version 3.0.0
  - Windows XP is no longer supported.
  + New configuration system and UI.
  + Debug console.
  + Text smooth scroll
  + Mouse wheel volume control (when hovering on the toolbar, mouse scroll changes volume).
  + Do not blink when changing tracks and "hide is not playing" is enabled.
  + Stop after current checkmark in menu.
  + Live reload when config file changes.
  + Dragging the scrollbar does not change the playback until you release the mouse button, (as in fb2k main window).
  + Paused format option.
  + Reset the scroll position when change to next track.
  + Deskband now returns the focus to the last active window after receiving some input.
  + A tooltip window with configurable texts and album art when you mouse over the deskband.

Supported operating systems are Windows 7, Windows 8 and 8.1, Windows 10.

Please read readme.txt for install instructions.

Download here.

Reply #449
I installed this and when I right click on taskbar and select deskband controls form toolbars it appears just for a second and then disappears. I am able to right click on it and choose settings in that second if that can help.