Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Facets (foo_facets) (Read 778472 times) previous topic - next topic

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #601
Hi ! I try to use cache for facets and i have some problems can someone help me
i have a large library on a second hdd drive and use facets to manage all album and works very fine, but it takes long time for facets to show album art

However it takes several seconds to let the covers show up (displayed using foo_facets)

Is it possible to have a local cache containing all these covers. I think this would speed up the whole thing.

Thanks

The albumart function needs a thumbnail cache, right now it's slow as hell when there are many entries.

Is there any update on this? It's the only downside to this plugin.

If not is there any alternative that does cache album art, that has the album art in a grid format like this?

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #605
Hi,

I started using this plugin recently, and for some reason, it disappears each time I restart fb2k. I have to add the UI component back each time. This does not happen with any of the other plugins.

Any idea how I can fix this?

Thanks!

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #606
Hello!

I have many tracks with number in the TITLE, example:
01_Winter.mp3
02_Spring.mp3
03_Summer.mp3
Autumn.mp3

How to ignore numbers 01_ 02_ 03_?

And sort alphabetical order in Media Library/Facets/Default sort order:
Autumn.mp3
02_Spring.mp3
03_Summer.mp3
01_Winter.mp3

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #607
Hi, I have two issues with Facets. I'm sorry if these have been answered already but I couldn't find answers if they were

1) From left to right, I have columns for the year I got the album (WHEN), the origin of the artist (WHERE), the label (LABEL), the album artist (ARTIST), and then the album (ALBUM). If I click a value in WHEN, it automatically narrows all of the fields to the right. But if I click on a LABEL, the WHEN is not narrowed, as it is to the left. Is there a type of syntax I can use in setting Facets up so that it does that?

For example, you can see in the first screenshot that I've clicked 2015.11 in the WHEN column. Showing in the ARTIST column is the artist Arca, and his album Mutant is in the albums list. If I were to broaden my view back to see all albums (de-selecting 2015.11 in the WHEN column), and then click Arca (as in the second screenshot), the WHEN column is not narrowed to 2015.11.

2) Is there a way to force the Album view to separate albums with the same name? I listen to a lot of hardcore, and there are a million hardcore demo albums. I could easily name the albums "__band - Demo 2015" to avoid this problem, but I'd rather not. Is there a way to have the album criteria basically consider things like date and artist when computing whether to show the album art, i.e. show both albums if the year/artist are different?

For example, in the first screenshot above, you can see a blank slot in the album viewer in the bottom left-hand corner. That is because there are two separate artists who have an album I've marked as "Demo," so foobar is displaying nothing rather than both album covers.

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #608
Hey all, when I scroll through my album cover list in facets, it doesn't draw the covers immediately. I'll scroll way down the list (2754 albums) and they will all be blank. Then it'll draw each of them (I have about 30 showing on the screen at once and takes about 9 seconds to draw all of them.... until I scroll again).

Is there a way to speed this up a lot? Should the album art JPGs all be under a certain size? ATM, they are range from 10kb to 150kb, so nothing huge (I think). I also don't think my PC is slow enough to be the bottleneck.

EDIT: I'm about to try br3tt's smooth browse WSH panel mod script... *fingers crossed*

Thanks for any help in advance!

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #609
2) Is there a way to force the Album view to separate albums with the same name? I listen to a lot of hardcore, and there are a million hardcore demo albums. I could easily name the albums "__band - Demo 2015" to avoid this problem, but I'd rather not. Is there a way to have the album criteria basically consider things like date and artist when computing whether to show the album art, i.e. show both albums if the year/artist are different?

For example, in the first screenshot above, you can see a blank slot in the album viewer in the bottom left-hand corner. That is because there are two separate artists who have an album I've marked as "Demo," so foobar is displaying nothing rather than both album covers.

If I'm not mistaken...you need to enable multi-columns on that view. Example below has date, artist, and then album. I selected the album name '4' but they are all separated in the right artwork display pane. You can also slide the column headers over one another so that the only thing showing would be 'Album' at the top.

Re: Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #610

If I'm not mistaken...you need to enable multi-columns on that view. Example below has date, artist, and then album. I selected the album name '4' but they are all separated in the right artwork display pane. You can also slide the column headers over one another so that the only thing showing would be 'Album' at the top.

This is so helpful! Unfortunately, a lot of demos have the same date, genre, etc., so I created a new tag called "DEMO ARTIST" and had that as an extra column in the album field. perfect fix!

Reply #611
1) From left to right, I have columns for the year I got the album (WHEN), the origin of the artist (WHERE), the label (LABEL), the album artist (ARTIST), and then the album (ALBUM). If I click a value in WHEN, it automatically narrows all of the fields to the right. But if I click on a LABEL, the WHEN is not narrowed, as it is to the left. Is there a type of syntax I can use in setting Facets up so that it does that?

For example, you can see in the first screenshot that I've clicked 2015.11 in the WHEN column. Showing in the ARTIST column is the artist Arca, and his album Mutant is in the albums list. If I were to broaden my view back to see all albums (de-selecting 2015.11 in the WHEN column), and then click Arca (as in the second screenshot), the WHEN column is not narrowed to 2015.11.

I was wondering the same thing - did you figure anything out? Or does anyone else have any ideas?

Reply #612
If I were to broaden my view back to see all albums (de-selecting 2015.11 in the WHEN column), and then click Arca (as in the second screenshot), the WHEN column is not narrowed to 2015.11.

You deselected 2015.11, thereby clearing the WHEN column filter. You then clicked the artist's name with no filtering set in WHEN. I would expect the result shown.

Reply #613
It's my understanding that Facets works like the Filters in Columns UI, i.e. the selection filtering works from left to right or top to bottom depending on splitter orientation, so starting in the 'ARTIST' panel doesn't 'filter' the 'WHEN' panel

Reply #614
If I were to broaden my view back to see all albums (de-selecting 2015.11 in the WHEN column), and then click Arca (as in the second screenshot), the WHEN column is not narrowed to 2015.11.

You deselected 2015.11, thereby clearing the WHEN column filter. You then clicked the artist's name with no filtering set in WHEN. I would expect the result shown.

Is there any way to set it up so that filtering could run both ways, i.e. right to left as well as left to right?

Another issue I would like to fix:  if I ctrl+click two genres, for example, the filtered results in the album view is a combination of both genres. Is there a way to set up the syntax so that ctrl+clicking two values in a tag category that foobar would cross-references them, so that the results in the album list are only those albums that fall within both value categories? For example, if I had album X that was listed under "Ambient" and "Electronic," and album Y that was only listed under "Ambient," if I were to ctrl+click "Ambient" and "Electronic," I want to see only album X in the results, not album Y.

Reply #615
Is there any way to set it up so that filtering could run both ways, i.e. right to left as well as left to right?
No.

Is there a way to set up the syntax so that ctrl+clicking two values in a tag category that foobar would cross-references them, so that the results in the album list are only those albums that fall within both value categories?
Hold shift+rightclick and choose AND as the selection logic.
http://wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title=Foobar2000:Components/Facets_(foo_facets)#Selection_logic

Reply #617
One gotcha I found with facets, with a workound fix included:

My music is tagged such that compilation CDs are tagged with "Various" in the album artist field, with the individual artist in the regular artist field. In the case of collaborations, there are multiple artist fields set, one per artist.  This works out quite well in facets, I can use
Code: [Select]
$if3(%<album artist>%,%<artist>%,'('Unknown')')
to format the artist column so I can have albums show up under both artists in the case of multiple artists.  However, if you want to apply swapprefix formatting to those fields, you can get some (imo) unintended consequences.  If I use
$if3($meta_branch_swapprefix(album artist),$meta_branch_swapprefix(artist),'('Unknown')')
prefixes are swapped as expected, but any entry that doesn't need to be swapped no longer shows in the listing.  I would have expected the fallback to be to reproduce the field without any prefix swapping.

For now, my workaround is to use the following formatting for the artist column
$if3($if($greater($meta_num(album artist),1),$meta_branch_swapprefix(album artist),),$swapprefix($meta(album artist)),$if($greater($meta_num(artist),1),$meta_branch_swapprefix(artist),),$swapprefix($meta(artist)),'('Unknown')')
but I'm wondering if anyone else has any ideas on how to do this better.

Reply #618
hello,
is there a way to add a column to facets that'll sort the directories randomly?

Reply #619
As in, show the directories within facets in a random order or show them regularly, but the generated playlist should be randomized? What would be the purpose of this in either case?

Reply #620
I have a pane on the left with Artists. In the middle, I have albums with sort by Album and Date. And, on the right is where all the tracks are displayed.
I just notice something while sorting and browsing by Album name in the middle pane. If there is more than one album with the same name, "Greatest Hits" [for example], in the same year, the album art is blank. It seems as if all the album with same name in the same year are grouped together. If you look at "Properties" for my above example, you will see "multiple values" all over the place.

Is there some way to configure this so that all these albums will be displayed separately?

Reply #621
An error here. On the image; on facets the Greek characters, some of them, are not shown. Nevertheless, on the playlist of Foobar I can see them.

Regards.
Yes, the avatar it is the cover of «The City» by Vangelis.

Reply #622
Translated as was possible within my limitations this plugin for the Portuguese of Brazil, leave it attached.

Reply #623
Hi. Maybe it is not a bug and just something you did not think about.

When I edit a tag from properties it takes me back to the first album. For example, on the view album, as on iTunes and on the last album, if I change the date of release of the album, something that it happens a lot lately, the facets component go to the beginning, so I have to scroll down again to the las album of the grill. Maybe you could fix that or maybe there is something I am not doing or activating.

Imagine I am editing the release date of Planningtorock W to just 2011. When I apply the changes it goes back to the artists by A. Sorry, the picture it is from another post.

Reply #624
Hi. Maybe it is not a bug and just something you did not think about.

When I edit a tag from properties it takes me back to the first album. For example, on the view album, as on iTunes and on the last album, if I change the date of release of the album, something that it happens a lot lately, the facets component go to the beginning, so I have to scroll down again to the las album of the grill. Maybe you could fix that or maybe there is something I am not doing or activating.

Imagine I am editing the release date of Planningtorock W to just 2011. When I apply the changes it goes back to the artists by A. Sorry, the picture it is from another post.

The solution; let's say you have an album you want to change the title or the year. You click on it and open properties then change it. Now, JUST BEFORE APPLYING CHANGES, you select another album, no matter which one, the one the left, for instance. Once you apply the changes you will remain on the same album on facets, it will not go back to the beginning of your list.