Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_musicbrainz (Read 276792 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foo_musicbrainz

Reply #525
My copy has a Write standard tags checkbox which you could copy the functionality of...

https://github.com/marc2k3/foo_musicbrainz64/blob/d51a7256163c5aad8e398a6b753bd332c33de38a/src/TagWriter.cpp#L50-L77

Or if you want something fully custom, make it a comma/semi-colon separated list. That would only take a single text edit box in the preferences. Splitting a string by character to make a set for exclusions would be doddle.

Reply #526
Why is it that album/artist doesn't work but catalog number would? Is it because you're translating names?
Yeah, mostly Japanese albums for games etc. I usually tag with VGMDB first since they're more likely to have album information than MB is, and then fill in the rest with Picard, but this doesn't match up with MB a lot of times since MB might just use only the JP name. So the search doesn't work.

Comments aren't needed in this component I don't think, I was just mentioning that because I saw it mentioned earlier.

Reply #527
My copy has a Write standard tags checkbox which you could copy the functionality of...

https://github.com/marc2k3/foo_musicbrainz64/blob/d51a7256163c5aad8e398a6b753bd332c33de38a/src/TagWriter.cpp#L50-L77

Or if you want something fully custom, make it a comma/semi-colon separated list. That would only take a single text edit box in the preferences. Splitting a string by character to make a set for exclusions would be doddle.
The write standard tags checkbox is an interesting idea! If we just want to update the extended metadata and ignore the artist/album/track names that you've meticulously set that would totally work.

I kinda assumed (based on my own use) that people would probably want this on an album by album basis (i.e. MB has the wrong release date and catalog # because this exact release isn't there) and so not sure the comma/separated list is a great substitution, but if that actually improves usability and QoL I can totally add it.

Reply #528
For Add TOC to Musicbrainz, the option to search via the album's existing Musicbrainz ID (already tagged) would be useful. I only submit DiscIDs for albums that I've tagged anyway, so having to search for the album again is just an extra step that isn't needed for me. You'd only have to change the URL to add "&filter-release.query=%MUSICBRAINZ_ALBUMID%" to it.

Reply #529
For Add TOC to Musicbrainz, the option to search via the album's existing Musicbrainz ID (already tagged) would be useful. I only submit DiscIDs for albums that I've tagged anyway, so having to search for the album again is just an extra step that isn't needed for me. You'd only have to change the URL to add "&filter-release.query=%MUSICBRAINZ_ALBUMID%" to it.
That seems like an interesting, low effort QoL improvement. Let me see if I can do something about that.