Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Default UI Gallery (Read 734911 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Default UI Gallery

Reply #500
I always return to Default UI

Reply #501
I always return to Default UI

Reply #503
This is facets.

Reply #505
This is amazing! Can you please share how you did it? 

Reply #506
heres mine

Moderation: Please do not inline images larger than roughly 800x600 and 80KB. Please use thumbnails and/or links for large pictures instead.

Hi guys. Who can help find or make such a skin as above?
All that's needed is a track list and album cover.

Reply #507
^ @NiceMan - You can make it yourself pretty quickly.

For example go View > Layout > Create Scratchbox, click empty space > select Splitter (left/right), click left space > select Album Art Viewer, click right space > select Playlist View. When done, click Edit > Apply Layout. (Note your previous layout will be replaced)

By the way there is a pinned discussion thread for Gallery Q&A.

Cheers

Reply #508
^ @NiceMan - You can make it yourself pretty quickly.

For example go View > Layout > Create Scratchbox, click empty space > select Splitter (left/right), click left space > select Album Art Viewer, click right space > select Playlist View. When done, click Edit > Apply Layout. (Note your previous layout will be replaced)

By the way there is a pinned discussion thread for Gallery Q&A.

Cheers

Thank you very much, I will try 👍

Reply #509
Haven't updated in awhile but it was time. WSH and JS panel performance was no longer holding up to my collection.

Happily SimPlaylist and Peter's work in general (+Wilb's!!) is still bullet-proof. Did a 1.4 ground up rebuild so thought I'd share.
btw DUI, with WIN10 theme to get the dark app tabs/framing.

Hey @mjm716 are you still using the above nice Default UI setup?  I'm rebuilding mine from scratch using SM Panel and a lot of the same scripts.  I was wondering if you might be willing to share your setup?

PS your last.fm profile and mine are "super" with each other, so cheers to that I suppose!

Reply #510
I was wondering if you might be willing to share your setup?

Cheers for the call out. It's been tweaked a bit since (of course).

It should work fine with any files/tags. The theme is optimized for such a tag dataset:

I use "Various Artists" in %ALBUM ARTIST% to handle compilations. %DATE% is the standard/original release year. %RELEASE DATE% is custom for displaying a reissue date. %RELEASEYEAR% is a custom tag for grouping a release with multiple track years.

%BPM% is calculated via foo_bpm. %KEY% is calculated via free Keyfinder app. Otherwise, I use discogs tagger primarily.
The mood/theme/customgenres tags are an optional work in progress for a DJ panel (saved via Wilb's Bio panel*).

Album artwork is saved/loaded from the album folder: cover.*=primary, and any other images in the folder are also displayed.
Artist images are saved/loaded in %profile%\artist_images\%artist% and should be updated to your preference in biography.ini from *Wilb's excellent SMP Bio panel (used 7?! times : 'review/bio/artwork' following selection and now playing) .

Facets filters have a lot of display tweaks (see prefs)

I'm happy to share.
DUI theme:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yGh5Z5tD-aR5Syj08nXenMXZxiBe1fWg/view?usp=sharing

Full experience probably requires the User components and configs+: unzip and (re)place the folders in Foobar root: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DqK6aZjf8vDRKMLl5LiBh2ZEP5cf4phE/view?usp=sharing

the source user component list:
Code: [Select]
Core (2020-03-25 16:39:42 UTC)
    foobar2000 core 1.5.3
foo_acfu.dll (2019-01-13 16:05:55 UTC)
    Auto Check for Updates 0.3
foo_albumlist.dll (2020-03-25 16:39:02 UTC)
    Album List 4.7
foo_audioscrobbler.dll (2011-08-18 21:01:03 UTC)
    Audioscrobbler 1.4.7
foo_bpm.dll (2015-03-01 03:39:58 UTC)
    BPM Analyser 0.2.4.6
foo_burninate.dll (2013-02-07 18:02:37 UTC)
    Audio CD Writer 3.0.3
foo_cdda.dll (2020-03-25 16:39:00 UTC)
    CD Audio Decoder 3.0
foo_converter.dll (2020-03-25 16:39:06 UTC)
    Converter 1.5.3
foo_deskband_controls.dll (2020-01-16 07:28:03 UTC)
    Deskband Controls 3.7.0
foo_discogs.dll (2020-04-11 05:21:32 UTC)
    Discogs Tagger 2.23
foo_dsp_effect.dll (2019-12-24 05:27:16 UTC)
    Effect DSP 0.40
foo_dsp_eq.dll (2020-03-25 16:38:54 UTC)
    Equalizer 1.2.1
foo_dsp_std.dll (2020-03-31 06:59:06 UTC)
    Standard DSP Array 1.5.3
foo_enhanced_playcount.dll (2019-12-24 05:27:16 UTC)
    Enhanced Playback Statistics 4.2.1
foo_enhanced_spectrum_analyzer.dll (2018-05-26 11:34:04 UTC)
    Enhanced Spectrum analyzer 0.9.4.2
foo_facets.dll (2011-08-27 18:05:16 UTC)
    Facets 1.0
foo_fileops.dll (2020-03-25 16:39:04 UTC)
    File Operations 1.5.3
foo_freedb2.dll (2020-03-25 16:39:10 UTC)
    Online Tagger 0.7
foo_input_std.dll (2020-03-25 16:39:24 UTC)
    FFmpeg Decoders 3.4.6-0ac9001
    Standard Input Array 1.5.3
foo_jesus.dll (2010-09-23 00:34:06 UTC)
    Autosave & Autobackup 10
foo_jscript_panel.dll (2017-02-22 03:13:22 UTC)
    JScript Panel 1.2.0
foo_playcount.dll (2019-03-11 09:32:46 UTC)
    Playback Statistics 3.0.3
foo_queuecontents.dll (2012-09-27 17:34:40 UTC)
    Queue Contents Editor 0.5.1
foo_random_pools.dll (2015-04-12 00:12:45 UTC)
    Random Pools 0.1.5
foo_rgscan.dll (2020-03-25 16:39:12 UTC)
    ReplayGain Scanner 1.5.3
foo_run.dll (2018-08-09 04:55:41 UTC)
    Run services 0.3.8
foo_scrobble.dll (2018-08-21 15:26:38 UTC)
    Scrobble 1.3.1
foo_seek.dll (2012-11-08 15:48:53 UTC)
    Seek 1.1
foo_simplaylist.dll (2018-09-05 06:56:25 UTC)
    SimPlaylist 1.0
foo_simplaylist_manager.dll (2018-11-27 04:24:08 UTC)
    SimPlaylist Manager 1.0
foo_spider_monkey_panel.dll (2020-02-04 18:54:10 UTC)
    Spider Monkey Panel 1.2.3
foo_stop_on_error.dll (2018-08-21 07:17:23 UTC)
    Stop on Error 0.6
foo_tags.dll (2018-08-20 01:56:58 UTC)
    m-TAGS 1.2
foo_textdisplay.dll (2011-08-18 21:01:03 UTC)
    Text Display UI Element 1.1 beta 1
foo_texttools.dll (2013-01-12 21:03:39 UTC)
    Text Tools 1.0.5
foo_ui_std.dll (2020-03-25 16:39:22 UTC)
    Default User Interface 1.5.3
foo_uie_esplaylist.dll (2011-05-28 22:06:46 UTC)
    EsPlaylist 0.1.3.9
foo_uie_lyrics3.dll (2016-03-22 02:15:14 UTC)
    Lyric Show Panel 3 0.5
foo_uie_wsh_panel_mod.dll (2015-09-27 18:40:19 UTC)
    WSH Panel Mod 1.5.10
foo_unpack.dll (2020-03-25 16:39:02 UTC)
    ZIP/GZIP/RAR Reader 1.8
foo_verifier.dll (2019-12-24 05:27:17 UTC)
    File Integrity Verifier 1.3
foo_vis_vumeter.dll (2013-02-16 09:44:26 UTC)
    VU Meter 2013-02-16
foo_wave_minibar_mod.dll (2019-12-24 05:27:17 UTC)
    Waveform Minibar (mod) 1.0.31
foo_wave_seekbar.dll (2014-11-09 02:21:46 UTC)
    Waveform seekbar 0.2.45

I was using Win7 previously which was more friendly to dark themes which is why the FB chrome looks better in the old screenshots. On Win10 now, which has been shit for dark themes, so stuck again with the ugly bright FB app chrome. hint hint Peter?!

This is an informal release, and I'm happy to answer any basic questions but not interested in developing user requests; this is basic DUI stuff so anyone should be able to tweak it themselves.

PS: I just noticed 85% of the User component weight comes from foo_vis_vumeter which ironically I'm not even using in the theme now. Within is archived over 50 different VU themes. I can't reup the archive at the moment, so feel free to delete.
Also I'm not sure if my foo_scrobble details are transferred in settings, if so to anyone who uses this, please be a Mensch and delete the credentials/use your own? cheers!

Reply #511
How do I install one of these great DUI? I loaded foo_ui_columns and I got 2 png files as DUI to install.....

Reply #512
Hello? Anyone.........Help?

Reply #513
How do I install one of these great DUI? I loaded foo_ui_columns and I got 2 png files as DUI to install.....

DUI and foo_ui_columns are different interfaces.
To install a DUI theme, you need to get the theme's components, install them, and double click the fth file.

Reply #514

DUI and foo_ui_columns are different interfaces.
To install a DUI theme, you need to get the theme's components, install them, and double click the fth file.

Ok duh on my part, I seen 21 pages of UI posted here and links below and thought that was what I needed......So people are posting screen shots of their creations and not a DUI to load, no wonder I could not figure it out. So dumb.

Appreciate your help!

Reply #515
This is fooProX, a complex theme that I created for myself, with the intention of covering everything from a simple playback environment with interesting visualizations, to a complete audio file organizer able to keep my library impeccably organized. It also contains a competent integrated video player, thanks to the great 'foo_youtube' component.

The Master Lab tab is the playback environment where I make some quick file corrections, but it is mainly intended for enjoyment.

The Tagging tab is made up with the great 'SimPlaylist' and was slightly inspired by 'TagScanner', a program that I used a lot before learning to dig deeper into the foobar. In this tab I do the preliminary work of organizing audio files. In fact, the right sidebar where the album covers are fixed (accessible to all the main tabs of my theme), is rich in the main editing functions and totally inspired by 'TagScanner'.

The Management tab is a surgical environment where I make the most complex TAG corrections and where I organize the entire audio library more accurately and efficiently. It is basically composed of several instances of 'Facets' and a main area with 'Playlist View'. With 'Facets' instances, I am able to access the abundant and complete filtering necessary to not miss any detail of any library, however complex it may be.

The YouTube tab is the environment where I run my video files and search the YouTube website. The design was slightly inspired by the official website.

fooProX suits me all but, due to the fact that it is very rich in functions and operations, it is a reasonably 'heavy' theme (to open, only), a situation that does not bother me because I use another very light theme just to run occasional files. Many of its icons point to audio editing programs, such as 'Album Art Downloader', 'mp3DirectCut' and my favorite 'MAGIX Samplitude Pro X' - a program that inspired the name and all the configuration of this theme.

It is already extremely useful for me and perfectly replaces everything I used to use before, but it is an ongoing theme - it is not finished. The intention behind this theme is to obtain a professional environment mainly aimed at organizing complex audio libraries and, eventually, to enjoy music and video playback. I'm still trying to improve it.

Reply #516
Something basic...  ;)
“We are not stuff that abides, but patterns that perpetuate themselves.” – Norbert Wiener

Reply #517

Uh 5 years later decided to update my DUI theme...
It did not change much visually, but I had to rework few scripts since I made a switch to SMP as java script host.
Loved waveform minibar too! So that also found place in updated skin.

This is amazing. I just found out about your theme. I tried it out and it's a great. Will you do a dark theme version in the future?

Reply #518
This is fooProX, a complex theme that I created for myself, with the intention of covering everything from a simple playback environment with interesting visualizations, to a complete audio file organizer able to keep my library impeccably organized. It also contains a competent integrated video player, thanks to the great 'foo_youtube' component.

The Master Lab tab is the playback environment where I make some quick file corrections, but it is mainly intended for enjoyment.

The Tagging tab is made up with the great 'SimPlaylist' and was slightly inspired by 'TagScanner', a program that I used a lot before learning to dig deeper into the foobar. In this tab I do the preliminary work of organizing audio files. In fact, the right sidebar where the album covers are fixed (accessible to all the main tabs of my theme), is rich in the main editing functions and totally inspired by 'TagScanner'.

The Management tab is a surgical environment where I make the most complex TAG corrections and where I organize the entire audio library more accurately and efficiently. It is basically composed of several instances of 'Facets' and a main area with 'Playlist View'. With 'Facets' instances, I am able to access the abundant and complete filtering necessary to not miss any detail of any library, however complex it may be.

The YouTube tab is the environment where I run my video files and search the YouTube website. The design was slightly inspired by the official website.

fooProX suits me all but, due to the fact that it is very rich in functions and operations, it is a reasonably 'heavy' theme (to open, only), a situation that does not bother me because I use another very light theme just to run occasional files. Many of its icons point to audio editing programs, such as 'Album Art Downloader', 'mp3DirectCut' and my favorite 'MAGIX Samplitude Pro X' - a program that inspired the name and all the configuration of this theme.

It is already extremely useful for me and perfectly replaces everything I used to use before, but it is an ongoing theme - it is not finished. The intention behind this theme is to obtain a professional environment mainly aimed at organizing complex audio libraries and, eventually, to enjoy music and video playback. I'm still trying to improve it.

hey Johnny Blade could you please share with us your foobar setup, thx in advance.

Reply #520
I'm calling this one DUI+ on account of the extra apps to achieve the look. If anyone was wondering what foobar might look like as a WinUI app, this is my fake "acrylic" background blur. :D The look is usually more subtle than these screens, I chose colorful wallpapers to show the effect. Pretty close to the Windows 10 blur though it could use more tweaking in some cases.

It goes like this: foobar2000 + foo_title (button overlay) + foo_scheduler (run command line) + AutoHotKey (window positioning, background on/off, theme switching) + G'MIC (apply gaussian blur, saturation to wallpaper) + Rainmeter (background image) + Yes I went a bit crazy.

Of course, the downside is foobar has to stay in a fixed position (or maximized) on the desktop, no dragging the window around.

In terms of the layout, I like having the 3 panes with tabs that allows a mix'n'match of library browsing. Genre icons > Artist pictures, or Artist icons > Album covers > Playlists, etc.

About the 'Album View' tab. In particular having Facets (multiple fields per column merged to one entry) feed EsPlaylist (advanced grouping/sorting), gives a way to group the entire artist works, inspired by how Spotify groups an artist page. The 'Album View' tab uses these headings -

• Albums (studio albums, and EPs - they are closer to mini-albums, IMO)
  • Singles
  • Compilations
  • Appears On (artist tracks on albums by different artist - %track artist%)
  • Features On (as the featured artist - %featured%)
  • / Groups (associated bands the artist belongs to, similar to Discogs "In Groups")
  • Concerts (live albums)
  • Music Videos

So basically you can click an artist name and get everything they've done divided in nice groups of cover art. (If only I had everything in my library! ;) )

(Before anyone asks, I doubt I could package it up to share as a "theme" because it is quite messy across different apps and there are occasional glitchy issues which I have yet to figure out... maybe it inspires some ideas though)

Cheers

Reply #521
Hi :)
@anamorphic
very beautiful.The overall balance and color usage are wonderful.
I use Tab a lot and use one screen extensively. Very Simple.
SHURE SRH1840, SENNHEISER HD660S2, Beyerdynamic DT 1990 PRO, HiFiMAN Edition XS, Ultrasone Performance 880, AKG K712 PRO, SONY MDR-1AM2, Bowers & Wilkins P7, FiiO FT5, Bose QuietComfort 45, SONY WH-1000XM5 (made a Upgrade/Balanced Cable by myself) Shall I write more?

Reply #522
About the 'Album View' tab.

pretty sexy!

I like the Album view concept - some more details would be appreciated on how you organize that? 

I'm using Wilb's YouTube Track Manager similarly, to pull discography info, which has the advantage of displaying items not in my library.

How are you avoiding lines between the panels?

Reply #524
Here's my basic DUI layout that I have used for many years. I have tried various layouts and components but the thing is.... I use foobar 2000 for its minimalist approach, its all about the music.

This layout uses NO third party components. Replaygain is also turned off.

Just a pure playback experience.

No bloat.

X
Life-long Music Collection: 747GB / 25,646 Tracks & COUNTING! - 99% Lossless FLAC