Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Lame for Mixxx on Windows trouble (Read 11113 times) previous topic - next topic

Lame for Mixxx on Windows trouble

I am trying to install lame to use with MIxxx on a windows computer. I have successfully downloaded lame and put it in the same folder as Mixxx as per the instructions, but when I try to go live with Mixxx it still gives me a 'lame error' and instructs me to download it.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times with no success. Any help to get these programs to work together would be greatly appreciated.

Help!

Re: Lame for Mixxx on Windows trouble

Reply #1
"[...] Download LAME 3.98.4 [...]"
maybe this important...

Reply #2
Has the file execute permission? (right click>properties>security >Read and execute permission). Or in Linux I once had such a problem when trying to start a 32 bits program in a 64 bits OS. Maybe Lame is 32 bits or Mixxx is 32 bits.

Reply #3
Any help to get these programs to work together would be greatly appreciated.

From the Mixxx Wiki page:

Windows
To enable MP3 streaming on Windows, you must follow these instructions:
Download LAME libmp3lame binaries from http://www.rarewares.org/mp3-lame-libraries.php. The download page includes 32-bit and 64-bit versions.
Make sure the version you download matches the version of Mixxx that you use, not the version of Windows. If you are on 64bit Windows but are using 32bit Mixxx, you need the 32bit (“x86”) version of the library.
Unpack the downloaded ZIP archive. You may need to install a utility for extracting archives like the free 7zip.
Copy libmp3lame.dll to the location you have installed Mixxx, probably C:\Program Files\Mixxx\
If you are running Mixxx 1.11 or earlier, you must also rename libmp3lame.dll to lame_enc.dll.

Windows Troubleshooting

Double check that the version of LAME you use (“x86” = 32-bit vs. “x64” = 64-bit) matches the version of Mixxx you use.
If you are running Mixxx 1.11 or earlier, did you rename the DLL to lame_enc.dll?
Make sure you put the DLL in the same folder that contains the installation of Mixxx you are using.
Please note that Audacity and other web sites provide lame binaries too. DO NOT USE THESE VERSIONS. If you do, Mixxx will show an error when activating live broadcasting.