Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: FB2k crossfader... anyone? (Read 7123 times) previous topic - next topic

FB2k crossfader... anyone?

Does anyone know if there's a crossfading plugin for Foobar?  It would be nice.....

Reply #2
crossfade it's not the same that crossfeed, man 
MPC: --quality 10 --xlevel (v. 1.15s) (archive/transcoding)
MP3:  LAME 3.96.1 --preset standard (daily listening/portable)

Reply #3
oop so sorry, guess I should work on reading the whole word 

I'm also sorry to report that I know of no past, present or developemental crossfading plugin for foobar, but I'm sure it's just a matter of time before someone makes one.

Reply #4
I haven't found a crossfade plugin yet, unless one is currently in development.  I was thinking of trying to get the sqrsoft pair to port they're crossfader to foobar.

Now if you wanted beatmatching with the crossfade, I not sure if this is even possible with foobar.  If you wanted that just use something like DJ Mix Pro.  It handles ogg's and mp3's.

Reply #5
i guess that would be the stfu2.dll then  i would like to see one 2 or at least some sort of gap remover... 
PANIC: CPU 1: Cache Error (unrecoverable - dcache data) Eframe = 0x90000000208cf3b8
NOTICE - cpu 0 didn't dump TLB, may be hung

Reply #6
No, it doesn't have to beatmatch at all, it just needs to fadeout one song into the fadein of the next........

Reply #7
I just remembered that Peter had developed a crossfader plugin for winamp.  Although not as configurable as the SQRSOFT one, it has a better resampler thus better sound.

Well considering Peter is really busy with the core, I guess nothing is going to happen about this for a while.  So does anyone got an idea on how to attack this?  Peter's built a nice API, so if a bunch of us got together, we should be able to get a crossfader plugin built.

Reply #8
I don't know much about how FB2k really works, but it would seem that the easiest approach would be to make another DSP.... with fadein on start, fadeout on stop, fadein from pause, fadeout on pause options....... or something of that nature.  Basically... that's all I want.......

Reply #9
Just the fading?  No fading out one track while fading in the next?

Reply #10
Okay... I guess I should be clearer.  For instance, fade should work

-on start of song (fadein on start)...
-if song is un/paused (fadeout on pause / fadein on unpause).....
-if song is stopped (fadeout on stop)....
-for end of song (this would work in between tracks, but i would just set the fade in on the next song... fadeout on end)

now... i would guess that the operation of the fadein on start and faedout on end would compliment each other for the need to fade from one song to the next....

like i said, it's just my humblest of opinions..... but it would be nice... it would add some finish to FB2k

Reply #11
Please.... PRETTY PLEASE!?!?

Reply #12
[deleted]

Reply #13
(NOTE: I'm not even sure if it's possible with current FB2K design, but, with properly encoded files it certaintly is not needed.)

While perhaps a little esoteric, I have a few cases where a good crossfader would be cool.

Two albums I listen to, Otomo Yoshihide's The Night Before the Death of the Sampling Virus and Gescom's Minidisc album, are designed to be played back randomly with shuffle and any other sort of signal manipulation that would allow for a seemless transition between tracks.  The idea is that ~80+ tracks on each of these albums create for a unique listening experience that changes each time when played back this way.  At any rate, crossfade is perfect for this and is what I used in Winamp when playing back these albums.

There are probably other more practical cases for use also, but I just wanted to point out that there are actually a few cases where a crossfade would be desireable by design and even with properly encoded files.

I don't really have a desire to code a crossfader though

Reply #14
[deleted]

Reply #15
I wish I had the time... and the patience.....  I think that's why I don't do programming......

Reply #16
Two albums I listen to, Otomo Yoshihide's The Night Before the Death of the Sampling Virus and Gescom's Minidisc album, are designed to be played back randomly with shuffle and any other sort of signal manipulation that would allow for a seemless transition between tracks.  The idea is that ~80+ tracks on each of these albums create for a unique listening experience that changes each time when played back this way.  At any rate, crossfade is perfect for this and is what I used in Winamp when playing back these albums.

Thats a very cool idea.  How did the artists figure people not listening to their music on computer could pull off crossfading or 'signal manipulation' though, i wonder?

Reply #17
Thats a very cool idea.  How did the artists figure people not listening to their music on computer could pull off crossfading or 'signal manipulation' though, i wonder?

They don't specifically mention crossfading, it just fits naturally in line with the idea of playback that they recommend.

As for other 'signal manipulation', the Otomo Yoshihide album recommends doing all sorts of crazy things.. if I had the case in front of me right now I'd quote it  Basically the idea is to just playback the audio in any unique manner possible so that you can add to the effect.  I guess he just expects that most people who would listen to the album would be interested in sound creation manipulation on their own or something and would thus have the means to do these sorts of things... (which in my case holds true at least).