Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_dsp_winamp (Read 54883 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_dsp_winamp

Reply #25
That would be awesome but I can't but I can't help but wonder about floating point processing. Is that even possible?

foo_dsp_winamp

Reply #26
Winamp DSP API doesn't do float, only ints.

foo_dsp_winamp

Reply #29
So I was going to try to use this foobar plugin to attempt to load this vocal remover:

http://www.analogx.com/contents/download/A...er/Freeware.htm

however, it appears version 1.4.7 of this plugin no longer works with foobar2000.

Failed to load DLL: foo_dsp_winamp.dll
Reason: Wrong version number; this component appears to have been built with an outdated version of the foobar2000 SDK and needs to be recompiled with newer version in order to load; please contact the author of this component to obtain an updated version of this component.

Anyone have the source to this that they'd be willing to recompile or at least share?

Thank you,

saviormoney

foo_dsp_winamp

Reply #30
Works here. Component from post #21 and foobar2000 1.2.6

foo_dsp_winamp

Reply #31
Yeah , will it be a version that exclude the limiter to -3 db? In this way we will install only the plugin. Now we must install other things to cancel this?!

foo_dsp_winamp

Reply #32
I'm I the only one getting audio glitches in the last fb2k versions?

Re: foo_dsp_winamp

Reply #33
This effect looks more like "Hard -6dB limiter", actually. Make sure that input signal's amplitude <= 0.5 (aka -6.02 dB FS) and the results will be much better.
hmmm, I am afraid I did not understand. What looks like "hard -6"?, The Winamp Bridge? Or the effects mentioned by the other users?
If for example I use this Winamp Bridge to load the Winamp version of the Electric-Q plugin (the other version keeps crashing all the time), would I have to "Make sure that input signal's amplitude <= 0.5 (aka -6.02 dB FS)"?

Reply #34
hmmm, I am afraid I did not understand. What looks like "hard -6"?, The Winamp Bridge? Or the effects mentioned by the other users?
foo_dsp_winamp has permanent limiter, and it's not possible to switch it off.

If for example I use this Winamp Bridge to load the Winamp version of the Electric-Q plugin (the other version keeps crashing all the time), would I have to "Make sure that input signal's amplitude <= 0.5 (aka -6.02 dB FS)"?
Yes.

Reply #35
For Foobar2000 1.3.20 users.
If you have startup crash/error:

Microsoft Visual C+ Runtime Library
Runtime Error!

Program C:\Program Files (x86)\foobar2000\foobar2000.exe

R6034
An application has made an attempt to load the C runtime library incorrectly.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.

Simply delete dsp_sc.dll and dsp_enh.dll from C:\Program Files (x86)\Winamp\Plugins
(old wiki entry says about deleting dsp_sps.dll for other versions).
If you still have the error, just get rid of all dll files besides the one you use in the bridge, because as it was mentioned above, the issue is caused by plugins not compatible with Winamp 2.x.

If some elements of plugins' GUI disappears like in Ozone Free, simply restart Foobar2000 till the GUI fully appear.

Didn't find any solution to save plugin's settings on app close like it is when using Winamp.

Does anybody know about WAC plugin bridge from Winamp 3 or to WAC>VST?