Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: EAC: Defeat audio cache - Yes vs No (Read 6300 times) previous topic - next topic

EAC: Defeat audio cache - Yes vs No

Hi,

When I run the test to detect read features, EAC says my CD drive (TSSTcorpCDDVDW SH-224DB) does not have have option: "Defeat audio cache". I noticed most EAC logs have Defeat audio cache set to "Yes".

Code: [Select]
Utilize accurate stream : Yes
Defeat audio cache      : No
Make use of C2 pointers : No

What does this mean? What is the difference between Yes and No on this feature? Does it affect the quality of a rip?

Thank you :)

Re: EAC: Defeat audio cache - Yes vs No

Reply #4
http://wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title=EAC_Drive_Options#Drive_caches_audio_data
I read the guide multiple times, if I understood what it meant I wouldn't be asking this question :)
The ripping engine has not changed since long before 2005.

Be happy you have a drive that doesn't require cache flushing.
Thank you! Can you please tell me what does cache flushing mean?
Will a rip be more accurate if a drive doesn't have cache flushing?

Re: EAC: Defeat audio cache - Yes vs No

Reply #5
It's explained pretty clearly in either of the wiki articles linked in the discussion.  I don't think I can do any better since I authored both of them.  To be honest, I've moved on from discussing ripping.  This topic was low hanging fruit, though korth had already addressed it.  He is one of the resident gurus on ripping.

Your rips will go faster.  Accuracy will not be affected.