Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Accessing the Convert submenu in Foobar2000 (Read 847 times) previous topic - next topic

Accessing the Convert submenu in Foobar2000

Hi.

I am a totally blind person who uses Foobar2000 to listen to NSF and other game music files. I often convert the game music files to other file formats, such as MP3 or Ogg Vorbis.

However, just about everytime I hit the right mouse button to go into the menu that has the Convert submenu in it, it doesn't show up. I'll often get a Redue and Undo menu item. Whenever I press the right Mouse button and the menu with the Convert submenu does come up, the menu item that first appears is Crop. How can I make sure that whenever I use Foobar2000, it will always bring up the menu with the Convert submenu when I hit the right mouse button? Please note that I only use the keyboard. I don't use the mouse.

Please let me know. Thank you very much.

Rob Bendtzen

Accessing the Convert submenu in Foobar2000

Reply #1
Crop will appear first in the menu for playlists, since it's one of the built-in commands for playlist management. Convert should appear further down, but only if you have selected at least one track, either in a playlist, or an album list view, or something containing tracks.

In a mostly base installation, with a few of my own components, the default listing should contain:

First item: Play.
Second group: Remove, Crop, Sort.
Third group: Cut, Copy.

Past those three default groups for the playlist, you'll find the actions defined by various services either in the core or installed separately, including the Convert menu.

At least in my setup, the C key shortcut is assigned to Crop, since it is the first C item. Then U for Cut, then O for Copy. Then finally N for Convert, since both C and O are already taken.

I hope I this post hasn't already overrun your screen reader, or whatever mechanism you use to read these forums.