Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Library Tree Discussion (Read 127985 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Library Tree Discussion

Reply #300
Thanks for all your help.  :D

Reply #301
@WilB

Hello WilB, today I was finally able to run Library Tree 2.1.2 ("special version").
Thanks to @TheQwertiest new method "OrderByRelativePathV2" requiring less memory and other SMP memory tuning, now Library Tree is running ... but it eats approximately 400 MB of RAM.
So, I know, it is just a matter of time and I will run out of memory again.

At this point, I have a 1 milion dollar question for you: does it is difficult to move all the libray dBase to an external SQL mini dBase and then from the SMP/JS just query this SQL?

Kind regards, Andrea

Reply #302
In the tests I've done library tree uses ~5 MB of memory per 10K of tracks:
library 2.5 MB + up to an extra 2.5 MB if a search returns all the library.

Values are based on using Spider Monkey Panel window.TotalMemoryUsage.

That seems quite low. But it's a question of scalability.

So:
10K library = ~5 MB
50K library = ~25 MB
100K library = ~50 MB
200K library = ~100 MB
600K library = ~300 MB

Actual values depend on complexity of patterns and could be a bit lower or higher. In the case of folder view it will depend on the depth of the folder structure and length of the folder names.

It seems your 600K library is using ~400 MB. I assume that's after searching. I wouldn't really expect it to go up much more. Spider Monkey Panel memory management has improved a lot in the more recent versions.

I don't know anything about use of SQL, so it would be a difficult task. Not sure if it would reduce memory use or not, since if it had to be read in before loading the library and doing a query it may not anyway.

Reply #303
New Version: Library Tree 2.1.3

NEW: $stripbranchprefix{X}. Adds ability to strip the prefix of all values in multi-value tags, e.g. $stripbranchprefix{%<artist>%}. Complements already present $swapbranchprefix{X}. Specify prefixes in panel properties: ADV.Prefixes to Strip or Swap ... (default prefixes: A + The). Note new property name. See documentation for more info.

CHG: Various optimisations.

FIX: Reported issues.

Reply #304
Many thanks, @WilB, for your kind reply.
All the best, Andrea

PS: I am going to install the new Library Tree 2.1.3...(:->)

Reply #305
PS: OrderByRelativePathV2 will replace the old one in the next SMP release (and nightly as well), so there will be no need to change anything in the script.

Reply #306
@WilB
Thank you for update  ;D

I have one question, what exactly is the font "FontAwesome" required for?

Reply #307
FontAwesome is a symbols and logos font. Sadly, the latest and most feature filled versions of it are closed source, unlike older versions. I wonder if anyone maintains an open version with newer glyphs, developed independent of the original creator?

Reply #308
@kode54
Thank you for the explanation.

Reply #309
Hello @TheQwertiest, I installed the new Library Tree 2.1.3 using the last SMP beta you gave me directly.
With this beta I was testing the V2 method, however it can have the new LT 2.1.3 running fine with it.
Does this SMP beta you gave me implements both V1 and V2 in the V2 new mode?
Or am I just very lucky?
Regards, Andrea

Reply #311
Regularly get a red "Aw, crashed :("  screen using 'No Filter' regardless of any selected View …

Pops up this...
Code: [Select]
Error: Spider Monkey Panel v1.2.3 (Library Tree v2.1.2 by WilB)
n is undefined

File: <main>
Line: 1683, Column: 6

Stack trace:
  branchCount/<@<main>:1683:6
  branchCount@<main>:1681:5
  Populate/this.buildTree/<@<main>:1667:156
  Populate/this.buildTree@<main>:1649:9
  Populate/this.buildTree/<@<main>:1669:37
  Populate/this.branch@<main>:1591:9
  expandCollapse@<main>:2052:5
  Populate/this.lbtn_dn@<main>:2089:26
  on_mouse_lbtn_down@<main>:2928:188

Reply #312
When the active playlist is an autoplaylist, the right-click menu of 'Send to New Playlist' is grayed out. Can it be modified to be clickable?

Reply #313
Hi!
First of all thank you for all of your effort and work!
Your tree is an essential element of my foobar! I'm really loving it :)!

As I updated last week your component, a sorting problem with the track numbers occured... and also releases with more than two discs do not display as usually.
I checked various other sources for this problem but it really seems to correlate with your component.
Propably it has something to do if someone uses one or two digit for tracknumbers.
To illustrate the problem; two screens!

I just overwrote the blank entry "Playlist: custom sort" in the properties with a sort order to my mind and now everything is fine!

Reply #315
Ah, yes!
Thank you! Now everything is like it was and should be!

Reply #316
@Candy Vinc

glad too see a config that still use my playlist JScript viewer ;-)

(i'm just visiting since a long time...)

Reply #317

(i'm just visiting since a long time...)

Great to see you back! I hope this means you have some new treats in store?! :D

Your script was ported to SMP panel as well, but could use your touch.

Reply #318
Your script was ported to SMP panel as well, but could use your touch.

just get back my true account :) ...

I'd like to give a look at this SMP panel, could you tell me where to get the port of my playlist script to this panel please, just to see what is to migrate from JScript Panel and win some time ?

Reply #319

I'd like to give a look at this SMP panel, could you tell me where to get the port of my playlist script to this panel please, just to see what is to migrate from JScript Panel and win some time ?

Just install SMP and you will find it in the Samples folder: foobar2000\user-components\foo_spider_monkey_panel\samples

already looking forward to modding my layout! ;)

Reply #321
@always.beta
I've fixed the issue of 'Send to New Playlist' being grayed out when active playlist is an autoplaylist, for the next version.

Reply #322
^ That report is for v2.1.2. The issue should be fixed in the current version (v2.1.3).

Reply #323
This performs incredibly fast. Changing settings is a hassle though, lots of right clicking and navigating through context menus. A settings dialog box would be way better if possible.

One of the other problems I'm having is how I'd like to split these branches. I have the Columns UI Library Tree which works closer to how I want. Still not completely and it's abandoned anyway. It allows me to create multiple views that can all be seen at once instead of having to change views. I've attached a screenshot of what I mean. Genre/Subgenre, Tagging, and Library are all views I've created. Can this be done with this? I'm also trying to make a view that splits my top level branches as:
Code: [Select]
>Artists
    *Artist1
    *Artist2
>Albums
    *Album1
    *Album2
but this is the part I couldn't figure out in the one I linked either.

Reply #324
Thanks for this very nice script!
It works really well, however I've noticed that there seems to be an issue with sorting in "View by Folder-Structure" (using v2.1.3):

• if I drag-and-drop an album with more than 10 tracks to a playlist using "View by Album" the resulting sort-order
     with respect to the track-numbers is fine, e.g.         1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ...

• if I do the same thing with "View by Folder-Structure", i get:  20, 10, 11, 21, 01, 02, 22, 12, ....