Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Database Search (Read 223775 times) previous topic - next topic

Database Search

Reply #75
I am not interested in case sensitive search because I search a number. Your 'trick' works perfectly for me, thanks a lot!

Database Search

Reply #76
Does anyone know if there is any way to search a specific field using this plug-in -- other than changing the search string?

If it's not possible to do this currently, could foosion please implement something to that end -- it may be easiest to just add another pulldown list to the database search window (not the configuration window) that would store different search strings.

Database Search

Reply #77
If you're using 0.7x: use the quicklist (described in one of my previous posts).

if you're using 0.6x: use 0.7x.

Database Search

Reply #78
thanks, foosion!

Database Search

Reply #80
Just had to say thanks for this really useful plugin.

Database Search

Reply #81
hello..!

i got a problem. when i'm changing the default "search in" from database to playlist, and restart fb2k, the "search in" is set to database :/ it isnt saved?

and.. is it possible to add as the default action "play now" ?

thx for reply's

and sorry for the bad english *g, bye..

Database Search

Reply #82
hello..!

i got a problem. when i'm changing the default "search in" from database to playlist, and restart fb2k, the "search in" is set to database :/ it isnt saved?

thx for reply's

What's wrong about the "Play" command? This is present in 0.11.1, it was possibly already introduced in 0.11.0 - I can't remember that.

Database Search

Reply #83
hello..!

thx for reply's

What's wrong about the "Play" command? This is present in 0.11.1, it was possibly already introduced in 0.11.0 - I can't remember that. 

Play isn't on the default action list.

Database Search

Reply #84

Oops, my fault. I apparently added this in an internal build, that I did not upload. It is now on the server as version 0.11.2.

download

Database Search

Reply #85
The new play function is great, I directly replaced my hotkey for search to point to database search

One thing though, the "search in" setting isn't saved after restart of foobar.

Database Search

Reply #86

Oops, my fault. I apparently added this in an internal build, that I did not upload. It is now on the server as version 0.11.2.

download

Thanks

Database Search

Reply #87
Great! I had tested the database searches but didn't find them too useful without the "play" action. With large playlist and complex formatting string the default search really was not usable.. Thanks again, this is going to be used a lot.

Database Search

Reply #88
foo_dbsearch 0.11.3

- removed "Remove from database" from context menu
- selected search domain is now remembered
- fixed small multithreading bug that could crash the program
- added search domain "All playlists"

I'm currently doing some internal rearrangements in this plugin, some of which of have made it into this release, like new interfaces for the search domains. Because of this, you'll have to redownload foo_copynpaste, if you want to search in the clipboard. I've had some problems recompiling foo_history, so you can't search the history for now.

<edit>
I almost forgot this: you can use %_playlist_name% to get - tada! - the name of the playlist an item is from. This works when searching in "Playlist" and "All playlists".
</edit>

Database Search

Reply #89
is there a highlight function so that whatever I select on the searchbox is selected on the playlist?

Database Search

Reply #90
is there a highlight function so that whatever I select on the searchbox is selected on the playlist?

oh yeah that would be nice for "follow cursor".. :>

Database Search

Reply #91

No, currently not. I'll consider this for the next release.

Database Search

Reply #92
The new play function is great, I directly replaced my hotkey for search to point to database search

One thing though, the "search in" setting isn't saved after restart of foobar.

I too would love to have it save the search in field. 

Database Search

Reply #93
hi,

i really like your plugin  just one thing, that is bugging me (i browsed the topic roughly, don't know if something like that has been asked before)

right now i do this: search for e.g. the name of an artist, hit tab, hit ctrl + a, hit enter. could you make a hotkey available, that sends the results of the current search to the playlist, even if i didn't select the results?

regards; ilikedirt

Database Search

Reply #94
hi,

i really like your plugin  just one thing, that is bugging me (i browsed the topic roughly, don't know if something like that has been asked before)

Yes, It has been asked for.

right now i do this: search for e.g. the name of an artist, hit tab, hit ctrl + a, hit enter. could you make a hotkey available, that sends the results of the current search to the playlist, even if i didn't select the results?

regards; ilikedirt

OK, I give in.  But the hotkey won't be configurable, so I'm asking you (and the others), if the following would do:
1) Shift-Enter for "Add to playlist"
2) Control-Enter for "Send to playlist..."

Database Search

Reply #95
foosion,

Those hotkeys sound cool to me...

How do you feel about saving the "search in" field? 

Database Search

Reply #96
How do you feel about saving the "search in" field? 

If you're talking about the "Search in" submenu in the contextmenu, that should already work (it does for me). On the other hand, if you're refering to the dropdown list with formatting strings, this setting will also be saved in the new version. (This was rather a bug, as the setting is already saved, but it is reset everytime the plugin starts  ).

Database Search

Reply #97
Yea, I was referring to the dropdown list with formatting strings.  Can't wait for the new version. 

Thanks for the very cool plugin by the way. 

Database Search

Reply #98
OK, I give in.  But the hotkey won't be configurable, so I'm asking you (and the others), if the following would do:
1) Shift-Enter for "Add to playlist"
2) Control-Enter for "Send to playlist..."

yes, sounds fine to me

Database Search

Reply #99
foo_dbsearch 0.11.4

- added hotkeys Shift-Enter (adds all items to the playlist) and Control-Enter (executes "Send to playlist..." with all items). use them in the input box.
- some general commands where moved to foo_utils:
  "Add to playlist", "Insert into playlist", "Send to playlist", "Play"

see this site for download links: http://www.stud.uni-karlsruhe.de/~uzbs/fb2k/html/