Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: minibar plugin (Read 15646 times) previous topic - next topic

minibar plugin

Reply #25
I tried to make it 1 pixel smaller.  It looked too "squished".  The buttons are already pretty tiny.  In fact, it was originally larger, but I sized it down a tiny bit, because I figured I'd get complaints that it was too big.

I'm really not interested in adding configurable buttons.  It's a bunch of grunt work, and honestly, I don't think it would be very useful.  There's not really any other buttons that I feel belong on the bar.

Resizable seekbar?  Unfortunately, no.  I'd have to either change the border to a resizable border, which I'm not willing to do because then it would have to be larger, or I'd have to handle all the resizing stuff, with all the non-client hit tests, and all the cursor changing, and everything else, and it's really just not worth the trouble.

The tooltip string is configurable.  You can set it to whatever you want.  (You can't remove the surrounding text, though. e.g. "Play(your_format_string_gets_inserted_here)")

minibar plugin

Reply #26
I'm really not interested in adding configurable buttons. It's a bunch of grunt work, and honestly, I don't think it would be very useful. There's not really any other buttons that I feel belong on the bar.

Resizable seekbar? Unfortunately, no. I'd have to either change the border to a resizable border, which I'm not willing to do because then it would have to be larger, or I'd have to handle all the resizing stuff, with all the non-client hit tests, and all the cursor changing, and everything else, and it's really just not worth the trouble.

oh ok, I didn't think it would need much work, but I agree that these are not really useful functions, so I guess it's not worth the work and probably increased size.

The tooltip string is configurable. You can set it to whatever you want. (You can't remove the surrounding text, though. e.g. "Play(your_format_string_gets_inserted_here)")

oops 

minibar plugin

Reply #27
The new buttons layout (does it mean anything ?) is really good, perfect for me : thx

Feature request (interesting, yes yes yes) :
It would be nice adding a checkbox in the preference dialog which will let us choose between hiding or showing foobar window at startup...

@BlueScreenJunky : T'as l'air un peu à l'ouest 
. m y . n i c k . i s . n o t . f r e a x .

minibar plugin

Reply #28
Glad you like the new layout.

That checkbox is a possibility.  I'll see about that soon.  It wouldn't really be any work to add that.

minibar plugin

Reply #29
[...] It wouldn't really be any work to add that.

Damned lazy

Hint : uftS can do this

Conclusion : I don't know what you should add after that...

minibar plugin

Reply #30
I'm not really sure what you want.  I said I'd see about adding it. 

P.S. uftS's source is not available, so far as I know.  (Not that I need example code for something like this.)

minibar plugin

Reply #31
I'm not really sure what you want.  I said I'd see about adding it. 

A way to hide foobar's main window at foobar startup.
Then only foo_minibar would appear.
A checkbox could be cool, but you should remember the display when exiting foobar...
If foobar was hidden, it will be hidden on next startup "et vice et versa"...

That's up to you, but I thought the checkbox was easiest and more intuitive for the user

P.S. uftS's source is not available, so far as I know.  (Not that I need example code for something like this.)

Oooops sorry I thought it was...

minibar plugin

Reply #32
I get the feeling that English isn't your native language. 

I'm saying (or trying to say) that I will probably add that feature.  I'll probably add it soon.

minibar plugin

Reply #33
Conclusion : I don't know what you should add after that...

SKINS !

...nope, j/k, actually I don't think it really needs any major improvements, just one small bug and an idea :
-When mousewheel volume is not enabled, you can't use the mousewheel if you did not use the seekbar before (ok, I use mousewheel to control volume so it doesn't bother me, but it's still weird.)
-I think it's pretty hard to get focus on the minibar without clicking any button or the seekbar, so I think it would be cool if you could use the mouswheel by just getting your cursor over the minibar and rolling it (don't even know if it's possible lol, but that would be useful).

@BlueScreenJunky : T'as l'air un peu à l'ouest

Ouais, j'suis en plein dans mes exams alors faut pardonner    (/me sort de 3 exams d'anglais à la suite hier, et reprend avec du droit constitutionnel mardi, argh !)

minibar plugin

Reply #34
Nice work on Minibar.  By the way, using [0.6.b11.007] on W2k SP3 with Foobar2000 0.62a the seekbar "broke."  It didn't move during playback and moving it with the mouse didn't seek.  Buttons worked fine on Minibar, restarting FB2K fixed the issue.

Just did it again when clicking on Minibar just below the seekbar "slot" to the left of the cursor.  Fixed this time by dragging the cursor.

Wish I could provide more environment / duplication info (hasn't done it today).  All I know is that my computer had been in standby at a couple of points.  Not sure if that matters; anyone else have this happen?  I guess without more info you should consider it a "heads up" for testing.

Requests:
Wouldn't the icon on the button that toggles the Foobar2000 window on Minibar be more appropriate as ":B" instead of music notes?  The notes imply "mute / unmute" to me, but hey I'm just one fool.

A volume level "tooltip" while adjusting volume would be a nice touch - kinda hard to tell where the volume it at.
Was that a 1 or a 0?

minibar plugin

Reply #35
BlueScreenJunky, the mousewheel will only adjust the seekbar if the seekbar has focus.  (Only way to give it the focus is to click on it or tab/arrow over to it.)  This is standard Windows behavior, and it's the way I want it.  I don't like my mousewheel to seek unless I select the seekbar, because I constantly hit the wheel on accident.  (Often I play with the mousewheel, too.)

The whole mouseover+wheelroll thing is probably possible, but I think I'd have to set a systemwide hook.  And there's still the problem with the non-standard behavior if I do something like that.  It would just get on my nerves, I think.

There's a pretty big "gap" on both sides of the seekbar, though.  I don't really have any trouble grabbing it there.  (But I didn't have any trouble before the seekbar was added.)

DigitalMan, let me know if you find a way to reliably (or semi-reliably) duplicate that problem.  I don't really know where it could be coming from.  But I'll look into it.

I can't change the music notes to ":B", because then I'd have to use multiple fonts, and I'd have to dynamically load them.  (And I'm too lazy to mess with that.)  As it is now, I just have a single font set for the entire window.  I actually chose the music notes to be consistent wirth foo_ufts.

I thought about the volume tooltip the other day, but I don't know how to do it.  If I figure out a way, I'll see about adding it.  (I guess I could actually create a little window myself, but I've been trying to avoid that.  I want to keep the plugin as simple as possible.)

minibar plugin

Reply #36
CG - I can reliably get the seekbar cursor to stop moving by double clicking on the area below the seekbar "slot."  Recovers when I drag the cursor.  FWIW, just updated to [0.6.b11.008] and it hasn't "broken" like before, but the double clicking and freezing of the seekbar cursor is consistent now.

No worries on the music notes icon - just a nit may not be worth spilling any more ASCII on.

Volume tooltip would be cool if/when you figure out how - I don't think a display window is needed, keep it simple.
Was that a 1 or a 0?

minibar plugin

Reply #37
I see what you mean about the seekbar, now.  I managed to reproduce it.  I'll figure out what's going on soon.

And by the way, if I do create the "tooltip" window myself, I'll still make it look like a normal tooltip.  I won't be popping up some big window or anything. 

minibar plugin

Reply #38
Cool, glad you can reproduce it.  Re: Volume Tooltip window - I would expect nothing less than a class implementation.
Was that a 1 or a 0?

minibar plugin

Reply #39
I get the feeling that English isn't your native language. 

True
That's why we've got flags under our nickname, hu ?

I'm not really sure what you want. I said I'd see about adding it.

I thought you didn't understand, sorry 
And thanks once again B)

@BlueScreenJunky : Bon courage

minibar plugin

Reply #40
foo_minibar 0.6.b11.009

http://gelaed.com/resources/cplusplus/foo_minibar.zip
http://gelaed.com/resources/cplusplus/foo_...minibar-src.zip

[0.6.b11.009]
Added:   Tall (for XP) and Short (for 2000) modes.  (Short by default)  Original
  size has been removed.
Fixed:   Fixed double-click-on-seekbar bug.
Added:   "Tooltip" on volume change
Added:   "Activate minibar on mouseover"
Added:   "Activate seekbar on mouseover"; requires that "Activate minibar on
  mouseover" and "Show seekbar" be turned on.

freax, I tried to add what you asked for, but it wasn't possible.  Foobar won't let me change whether it gets displayed or not.

DigitalMan, the bug should be fixed now.  I added the volume "tooltip", too.  I had to do it myself, because I couldn't figure out a different way.

BlueScreenJunky, I added options to select on mouseover.  That way you don't have to click select.  I added two different size modes, too.  One taller one for XP, and one that's been squished a wee bit more for 2000. 

minibar plugin

Reply #41
BlueScreenJunky, I added options to select on mouseover. That way you don't have to click select. I added two different size modes, too. One taller one for XP, and one that's been squished a wee bit more for 2000

great ! thx a lot !

errr... am I allowed to complain ? no... I guess not, but could it lose focus when the mouse is not over anymore (once again I don't know if it's possible at all) ? and.... could you make it 1 px taller (ouch ! no, don't hit me  )

good job however, the volume tooltip is pretty cool too.

minibar plugin

Reply #42
I should be able to make it restore the previous focus when the mouse leaves.  I'll try to put that into the next version.  (Would make it more friendly, certainly.)

1 pixel taller?  No.  The dialog editor is resizing in 2-pixel increments, for reasons I don't comprehend.  I might be able to manually edit the files, though.  I'll look into it.

edit:  No, I can't make it 1 pixel taller.  I forgot, dialogs use their own wierd dialog-units.  It's not 17 pixels tall.  It's 7 units.  And 8 would apparently be 19 pixels.

Hmm, there's a bug in the mouseover code somewhere.  It's suddenly not working.

minibar plugin

Reply #43
What's wrong??

INFO (CORE) : startup time: 6209 ms
ERROR (CORE) : Failed to load DLL: foo_minibar.dll, reason: Unable to load dll.

minibar plugin

Reply #44
sorry, it works well after my putting msvcr70.dll to my system directory 

minibar plugin

Reply #45
This is an excellent plugin. It gives me the minimalism I want in an interface, and fits quite nicely at the top of my screen, as well. There is one (rather vain/superficial) thing I would probably ask for, though. The ability to change its colour, without changing my system colours.

But, at any rate, what I'm trying to say is Thank you.

minibar plugin

Reply #46
I might.  I'll consider it netx time I do some work on it.  No promises, though.

minibar plugin

Reply #47
I didn't "get" this plug-in at first, but now I find it quite handy.

I have a feature request for "always on top." I want my custom skin to span across the entire top of my monitor, and always be on top so that when maximizing windows, they won't be covered up.

Thanks.

edit: I didn't notice that this thread was from 2003. Weird.