Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_uftS (Read 84324 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_uftS

Reply #375
*Sigh* Why is it that plugin writers are having so many problems with ANSI support with the new 0.7 version of Foobar? You know who's to blame? The pandas. It's all their fault. Them and their l337 h4x0r'ng abilities. Anyway, if any plugin writers need someone to test ANSI stuff, I'm willing to help. I got a Pentium 200MMX running Win98SE just wating for something to crash it.

PS: Reason why I'm running Win98SE is because 2K/XP doesn't support my hardware. Yes, all of it is that old. Foobar still rocks on it though. Can't wait to run foo_uftS on it again.

You and the pandas have shamed me into action... 

I don't have a non-Unicode Windows machine to test on, but I believe that foo_uftS_ANSI.dll in the updated http://loodi.com/foo_ufts200.zip should work for you. 

Let me know how it works out! 

P.S. If Peter is reading this, add Release ANSI builds to the foobar2000_component_client and foobar2000_sdk_helpers workspaces.

foo_uftS

Reply #376
Hey cool! It works flawlessly! Can't see any bugs so far. Now, if I can just figure out how to get the dang thing to be sticky on my VWMs, it'll be just like the ol' days.

Thanks for taking time out to remember us little people stuck on Win9x machines.
"It's the panties fault! The panties made me a pervert!"

foo_uftS

Reply #377
Hey cool! It works flawlessly! Can't see any bugs so far. Now, if I can just figure out how to get the dang thing to be sticky on my VWMs, it'll be just like the ol' days.

Thanks for taking time out to remember us little people stuck on Win9x machines.

Excellent!  B)

To make foo_uftS sticky, you'll want to make the FOO_UFTS_CLASS window class sticky.  You need to do it by the window class, since the window title will change as the songs change.  I don't use VWM, but according to this page, it looks like adding something like the following to modules.ini will do it:

[LSVWM]
stickies=1
stickyW=FOO_UFTS_CLASS
stypeW=1

foo_uftS

Reply #378
Heh, got it to be sticky. That info for LSVWM is actually quite old. (Isn't that the truth with alot of opensource software? ) Just had to work around the bug with loading RabidVWM in a LSBox and using *VWMSticky.

Anyway, now uftS royally rocks. The one thing that I love about uftS, it's simple. Sure, sure, I admit that foo_looks does look nice. But sometimes you just want something that's simple and works. Kinda like Foobar itself!

Now, if you could figure out how to get $transition to work, then uftS can match my playlist theme. Just kidding, just kidding. But, would be cool if you did.

foo_uftS

Reply #379
P.S. If Peter is reading this, add Release ANSI builds to the foobar2000_component_client and foobar2000_sdk_helpers workspaces.

I just wondered why you didn't use the functions from utf8api.dll. Is there a specific reason that you need seperate ANSI and Unicode builds?

foo_uftS

Reply #380
I just wondered why you didn't use the functions from utf8api.dll. Is there a specific reason that you need seperate ANSI and Unicode builds?

utf8api only supplies a select group of Win32 API functions, which is fine as long as that is all you are using.

foo_uftS is primarily written using MFC, which needs the appropriate ANSI/Unicode library at link time - hence the need for separate components.

foo_uftS

Reply #381
You could always, er, borrow DFC, which is bundled with NotSoFatso. It's a minimalist implementation of something like MFC... Of course, it probably lacks a lot of things you'll need...

http://disch.zophar.net/

You can find a utf8api-ized version of it with my foo_festalon source code. I only used it because I borrowed a dialog that happened to be coded to use it, and I didn't feel like reimplementing the dialog process.

foo_uftS

Reply #382

utf8api only supplies a select group of Win32 API functions, which is fine as long as that is all you are using.

foo_uftS is primarily written using MFC, which needs the appropriate ANSI/Unicode library at link time - hence the need for separate components.

Duh, I should've thought of MFC. I probably forgot about it, because I hardly ever use it.

foo_uftS

Reply #383
*Sigh* Why is it that plugin writers are having so many problems with ANSI support with the new 0.7 version of Foobar? You know who's to blame? The pandas. It's all their fault. Them and their l337 h4x0r'ng abilities. Anyway, if any plugin writers need someone to test ANSI stuff, I'm willing to help. I got a Pentium 200MMX running Win98SE just wating for something to crash it.

PS: Reason why I'm running Win98SE is because 2K/XP doesn't support my hardware. Yes, all of it is that old. Foobar still rocks on it though. Can't wait to run foo_uftS on it again.

Well, once everyone starts using the new foobar utf8 api's the ANSI/unicode thing won't be a problem.  But since everyone has all their code done already using their own ANSI/Unicode stuff in 0.6, it will probably take updated 0.7 plugins a few releases to decide to port all their strings to the new foobar stuff.

foo_uftS

Reply #384
I love uftS - but I have a problem with the new version - clicking on the "fb2k" musical note minimises the main foobar2k playlist window, but clicking on it again does not restore the window.

Im using the final 0.7 foobar build with windows XP Pro.

foo_uftS

Reply #385
I love uftS - but I have a problem with the new version - clicking on the "fb2k" musical note minimises the main foobar2k playlist window, but clicking on it again does not restore the window.

Thanks for the bug report.  I can confirm this problem, but only when Foobar's "Minimize to system tray" option is disabled - otherwise it works ok. 

I'll see about fixing this in the next version.

foo_uftS

Reply #386
I have a similar little point, but to do the opposite.
I made a Keyboard shortcut for "Toggle foo_uftS" and it works when foobar has the focus, but not when uftS has, although I have "foobar2000 handles All key presses" enabled.

BTW thanks for porting uftS to the new version of foobar., though foobar2000 has a seekbar built-in now  .
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is.

foo_uftS

Reply #387
Another thing I noticed was memory leaking in foobar, which has become more obvious with 0.7.3(a). I can even see the memory usage go up when playing is stopped!
Anyway, I had to remove the 3rd party plugins to see what was going on.
When I removed uftS it stopped leaking.

PP mentioned in the change log that the SDK was updated, so ... maybe this a good time to recompile?
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is.

foo_uftS

Reply #388
Hey Aero, when are ya gonna update foo_uftS for the latest Foobar? Out of all the interfaces, uftS is the best one. Mostly because it doesn't require 2K/XP.

foo_uftS

Reply #389
Hey Aero, when are ya gonna update foo_uftS for the latest Foobar? Out of all the interfaces, uftS is the best one. Mostly because it doesn't require 2K/XP.

Other than maybe the memory leak reported GeSomeone and the Foobar minimize button not working, foo_utfS works pretty well with 0.8. 

I have been busy on other projects and Foobar components, but I'll see about updating utfs to 0.8 and fix the minimize button problem.

foo_uftS

Reply #390
Can anyone mirror the most recent version of this or email it to me? I get a 404 on the hosting.  Thanks.

weasel9284@punkass.com

foo_uftS

Reply #391
is the most recent version the one on the first page?
if not where can i get it

foo_uftS

Reply #392
Can anyone mirror the most recent version of this or email it to me? I get a 404 on the hosting.  Thanks.

I recently moved servers and forgot to move foo_utfs.zip...

Here is the working link: http://www.loodi.com/foo_utfs.zip

foo_uftS

Reply #393
I have a problem with foo_uftS.
When it is loaded, foobar2000 crashes when klicking on some mp3s in the playlist.

foo_uftS

Reply #394
Is anyone out there interested in taking over foo_uftS development? 

I don't really have the time to support it, so if someone else would like to work on it, I would be willing to hand over the source code.  It is written in C++/MFC, and built with VC++ 6.  I can't say it is the prettiest code, as it was my first Foobar component, but it should be fairly easy for someone else to step in and work with the code.

PM or email me if you are interested!