Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Tag converter (Read 5221 times) previous topic - next topic

Tag converter

Hi

I'll be getting a SlimX soon and I wanted to know if there was any prog to batch convert APE2 tags to ID3v2, because I have some files with really long names (mostly classical music) that don't fit in an ID3v1 tag.
It doesn't matter if it can't transfer the custom fields, I just need Album, Title, Artist, and perhaps Genre.
BTW these are MP3s
"You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you."

Tag converter

Reply #1
tag can do it...  and really easily with the 'tagger' front end...

Tag converter

Reply #2
tag can read ID3v2, but I am almost positive it can't write ID3v2!

Tag converter

Reply #3
tag can read ID3v2, but I am almost positive it can't write ID3v2!

Yup. /\/ephaestous, I'd suggest you use Tag/Tagger to temporarily rename your files to something like "Artist -- Album -- Genre -- Title", and then use an ID3v2 capable ID3 tagger (MP3Tag for example - don't worry about the German website, the program itself can be switched to an English UI) to fill in the ID3v2 fields using the filename. Then you can use Tag or any other tagger to re-rename your files to the scheme you had previously.

Not very elegant, but it's the only solution I can think of.

Tag converter

Reply #4
I though about it too, the problem is that some of my files are partially tagged so I couldn't set the same scheme for all the files, but for some, so I'd end up having to tag manually anyway.
"You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you."

Tag converter

Reply #5
Never mind,

Frotah can do it.

I LOVE THIS APP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tag converter

Reply #6
BTW, What's Frotah? Google died on the word (very odd to see that happen).
Guinness for strength!

Tag converter

Reply #7
BTW, What's Frotah? Google died on the word (very odd to see that happen).

I think he means Frontah.

Tag converter

Reply #8
I just saw this Thread that might be another option